View Poll Results: Do you want a new Elite Badge

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 90.82%
  • No

9 9.18%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Badge

Awesome. I never made it to Elite back in the day.
    I really hope that Frontier will do something similar with ED. It's really something special!

I would seriously make a pay-pal pledge for a badge, on the condition I only got it when I actually made Elite in E: D

David has already mentioned that they don't have the molds for the badges so it's unlikely that you'll be seeing them anytime soon.

That said with all this modern new whoopdedoo technology I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too difficult to achieve.

I have a laser cutter at work. I might see if I can have a crack at cutting out a logo sometime. We are getting a 3D printer sometime this year too so I might be able to come up with something.

(assuming I'm allowed to)

Forgive the nooby question here, but are they going to be issuing badges to players who achieve Elite Status in ED?
    And does the line in the Kickstarter FAQ have any baring on its colour or is it talking about in game emblems??

From ED's Kickstarter FAQ:
    Membership is offered to pilots who have proven their ability by reaching “Elite” rating within the Pilot’s Federation, but the founding members are not put through such an indignity. All “The Elite” are entitled to display a special silver “Elite” emblem, and the founders a golden one with the word ‘Founder’ beneath it.

The Elite Emblems are digital and in-game only.

@Brodie

The FAQ is talking about in-game emblems as I understand it, I'm not sure if they are a decal on your ship or a marker next to your name if you are in a chat environment (perhaps when on a station) but they are virtual, not real.

Ah boo, k thanks guys.
    Still i hope that they will issue Elite Badges out to those who attain Elite Status.

I cannot find mine.

I am sure that the Spectrum 48K version had one. It had everything else.

Will check on ebay.

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight View Post (Source)
    I cannot find mine.

I am sure that the Spectrum 48K version had one. It had everything else.

Will check on ebay.
    The badges we have did not come with the game. To get one you had to first reach Elite status and send your save game code to the publisher, Acorn in my case, which was verified and a badge sent out.

Frontier really need to bring these badges/medals back for those that reach Elite status

Also, a badge should be given to anyone with Elite Founder status too.

I'd like to be able to display both if I get there.

Until I'm kitted out though I'll probably hide the gold one.

Originally Posted by JKF View Post (Source)
    Perhaps we original badge holders should get together in-game, a sort of old timers Elite. Go off every now and then helping out new players and searching the galaxy for the last of the original Elite.
    I love the idea....

But surely there are more badge owners out there!

Come on dig them out and take that pic and use it on your profile

Originally Posted by JKF View Post (Source)
    Perhaps we original badge holders should get together in-game, a sort of old timers Elite. Go off every now and then helping out new players and searching the galaxy for the last of the original Elite.
    I'm up for that JKF ... good shout (hopefully more than 3 badge holders will come forward by then ;-) )

:-D

OK, these things are obviously a lot more rare than I thought ... know that that offer I put in post #1 to sell it for a £300,000 donation to the KS is no longer valid ;-)

sorry :-)

Really? surely there must be a few more out there with one (maybe some people that had one, but were careless enough to loose it in the last twenty(cough) years)

... please?

If you have one, join the badge holders...

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast