View Poll Results: Do you want a new Elite Badge

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 90.82%
  • No

9 9.18%
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Badge

Originally Posted by JKF View Post (Source)
    Keep looking. It took me 4 weeks to find mine. It was in a box of old photographs together with all my archery medals.
    Another Archer

Perhaps we could have an Elite Archery Club too

Originally Posted by Abysinth View Post (Source)
    Another Archer

Perhaps we could have an Elite Archery Club too
    Last loosed some arrows nearly 20 years ago. Still got my bow, a custom made compound. Favourite event was Welbeck. Shot for Cheshire for a while too.

A couple of us have been chatting on IRC about having some new badges 3D printed. Would FD mind? It is just fan made art after all?

Originally Posted by JKF View Post (Source)
    Last loosed some arrows nearly 20 years ago. Still got my bow, a custom made compound. Favourite event was Welbeck. Shot for Cheshire for a while too.
    I, too, last did it seriously some twenty-odd years ago, I also still have my two recurve/composite bows, but never shot for anyone but the club.

still, once an Archer, always an Archer. (tum-ti-tum-ti-tum-ti-tuuum, tum-ti-tum-ti-tuuum-tuuum)

Originally Posted by Abysinth View Post (Source)
    I, too, last did it seriously some twenty-odd years ago, I also still have my two recurve/composite bows, but never shot for anyone but the club.

still, once an Archer, always an Archer. (tum-ti-tum-ti-tum-ti-tuuum, tum-ti-tum-ti-tuuum-tuuum)
    Are you an Archer from Achenar?

Originally Posted by buellpilot View Post (Source)
    If you have one, join the badge holders...

And huwthomas makes 4

My Elite badge

Here's my Elite Badge from when I played on BBC B - no idea where the telegram letter is though .

Gave it a quick polish up with my dremel, sizzlin'!

Elite BBC B
    Elite Acorn Archemides
    Elite Commodore Amiga

Edit: Wierdly I am also an ex archer from 20+ years ago... often thought about going back, but there's no clubs close to me here. I had a Hoyt all wood recurve with 26lb draw - but I was only 15

I had an Elite: Deadly badge from Acornsoft but lost it many years ago

Note: I did hit Elite rank but not before the badge entry date expired, so I sent off for a deadly one.

Rafe Zetter

And then there was five

Hi Huwthomas and Rafe

As JKF has already said... "and then there was five"

If two more bona fide Elite badge holders turn up it will be the magnificent seven in Cobra MkIIIs.

Who else is lurking out there.....

@Rafe: interesting that your Acornsoft/BBC Micro badge was different from the enamelled black one that I and others received, I wonder why (and when) they changed.

If two more bona fide Elite badge holders turn up it will be the magnificent seven in Cobra MkIIIs.

I just hope that, given the vintage of these badges, it won't turn out to be the arthritic seven...

Stuff like this is what could make Elite a truly special experience! I'd give my left nut to have earned such a badge!

Today you often don't even get a manual, just a crappy .pdf file. Being able to earn a real physical badge would be absolutely awesome!

Hi Huwthomas and Rafe

As JKF has already said... "and then there was five"

That brought a little glimmer to my eye, it's odd but strangely moving to know others understand what this symbol means to us, and became the start of a love affair with games that's lasted almost 30 years.

I can think of a few alternatives to 'magnificent'

We first have to prove ourselves and win back the coveted title. I'm expecting my son, who will be 14 by launch time, to be Elite before me; if I ever make it again.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast