View Poll Results: Do you want a new Elite Badge

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 90.82%
  • No

9 9.18%
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Badge

Originally Posted by huwthomas View Post (Source)
    I just hope that, given the vintage of these badges, it won't turn out to be the arthritic seven...

Cheecky beggar - my eyes are just as sharp, as are my reflexes; fly through my sights and see if I don't etch my name on your hullplates for that slight you blaggard!

Originally Posted by JKF View Post (Source)
    We first have to prove ourselves and win back the coveted title. I'm expecting my son, who will be 14 by launch time, to be Elite before me; if I ever make it again.
    We don't have to win it back... we already are Elite and always will be, in our old age we might just 'choose' not to flaunt it in Elite Dangerous

I too think this should be done. I know it will add to production costs but it will be soooo worth it.

If this is brought up in the DDF I will vote FOR

Originally Posted by JKF View Post (Source)
    I can think of a few alternatives to 'magnificent'

We first have to prove ourselves and win back the coveted title. I'm expecting my son, who will be 14 by launch time, to be Elite before me; if I ever make it again.
    Don't bet on it, once you fire up the thrusters, your blood will rush and your nerves will sing.

Elite was an experience often emulated but never matched. I've played almost every space sim since elite and even though some have been more elaborate, Elite was always the one by which they were judged. If David has anything to do with it (and by Deus he will), Dangerous will be just as special.

Originally Posted by buellpilot View Post (Source)
    We don't have to win it back... we already are Elite and always will be, in our old age we might just 'choose' not to flaunt it in Elite Dangerous

Lol speak for yourself; I'll be right in there, with echo's of Maverick in my ears "no, you can be MY wingman"

Originally Posted by huwthomas View Post (Source)
    @Rafe: interesting that your Acornsoft/BBC Micro badge was different from the enamelled black one that I and others received, I wonder why (and when) they changed.
    I also entered the competition that Buell won, so mine might be from that..the specifics are a little hazy, but that might account for why mine and his are the same but different from the others.

Maybe David B might be able to shed some light on this?

Originally Posted by Rafe Zetter View Post (Source)
    Lol speak for yourself; I'll be right in there, with echo's of Maverick in my ears "no, you can be MY wingman"
    I was just trying to lull you into a false sense of security... I am Elite and I will be making sure that Elite Dangerous knows it!!!

I also entered the competition that Buell won, so mine might be from that..the specifics are a little hazy, but that might account for why mine and his are the same but different from the others.

Maybe David B might be able to shed some light on this?
    From what I gather the gold Elite badges where issued by Firebird and the silver ones by Acornsoft reflecting the colour of the Elite insignia on the game packaging.

Cheecky beggar - my eyes are just as sharp, as are my reflexes; fly through my sights and see if I don't etch my name on your hullplates for that slight you blaggard!
    Ha! I was thinking mostly of myself, I am even older than DB...

@Andy Kappa, @TheDarkKnight

How is the great badge search going?

Don't give up, seven would be great; don't want to be one of the Final Five!

WOW!

Like a Blue Peter badge but more WOW!

and more Awesomeniesss

*edit*

Infact and ED badge would be awesome.

every KS pledger of double figres gets brass coloured
    every KS pledger of triple figures gets silver
    every KS pledger of four figures gets GOLD
    every KS pledger of 3k + gets Platinum

even if they're just plated

When it comes to mercandising I'm not a great fan.. fluffy toys etc.. However, an Elite badge can't be scoffed at - I want mine in 24 carrot sold gold please.

Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    When it comes to mercandising I'm not a great fan.. fluffy toys etc.. However, an Elite badge can't be scoffed at - I want mine in 24 carrot sold gold please.
    Would you like any of that solid? LOL

I'd go for platinum or Titanium for the metal, but for the 123 look of it gold. I just prefer those silvery/grey colours of precious metals. And the weight of platinum is reasurring. "The One Ring" was probably made of that stuff. I know my wedding ring weighed loads in comparison to gold, even much bigger gold rings.

Damn, never knew about these badges when I reached Elite on the Spectrum version. Even got the damn cloaking ASP ship...

Oh well, I was young and forgetful. Unlike now....what was I talking about again?.....

This is simply awesome!??!

How did they verify / find out you had become Elite?

Was this some contest held in a dusty old warehouse with thousands of Elite gamers crammed in until someone cracked it?! =)

VERY COOL!

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast