View Poll Results: Do you want a new Elite Badge

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 90.82%
  • No

9 9.18%
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Badge

I love the idea of Elite badges, but they definitely have to be earned in game.

Originally Posted by JKF View Post (Source)
    When I learned about Elite Dangerous on KS I decided that I couldn't pledge until I found my Elite Badge (original BBC Micro).

It took over 4 weeks of searching before finding it. I was beginning to think I'd lost it for good and therefore didn't deserve to be involved with ED.

I wonder how many are still out there in the wild.
    Ha, that made me chuckle. I also couldn't find my original badge from the BBC B version...turns out my mum kept it for me! I've now got it back and remember the many many hours and months it took to get it. My kids think I'm crazy. I do like the look of that gold version. Definately support a new badge for new game idea.

I bought one a couple of weeks ago online
    http://www.shapeways.com/model/57427...ngs-badge.html

Does that count?

Its quite nice actualy. Well made.

I was only 9 years old. So I was Quite young so I never known about the elite badge. But I want to earn one :smilie:

Wanted IN GAME Elite Badges

Just think every game and online community has badges - now there is even getglue stickers. Why can't we have the same dort of thing. Have a online badge to show people what you have achieved and then the chance to get a real badge if you complete a long list of quests. I personally like the idea. A Elite Badge being the goal.

Katrin

Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post (Source)
    I bought one a couple of weeks ago online
    http://www.shapeways.com/model/57427...ngs-badge.html

Does that count?

Its quite nice actualy. Well made.
    Excellent. I was asking if anyone bought one from that place. It all arrived ok ?

Originally Posted by Styggron View Post (Source)
    Excellent. I was asking if anyone bought one from that place. It all arrived ok ?
    Yes its quite nice, and I'd recommend it to anyone that wants one. My delievered product looks exactly like their promo images on the page.

I know it doesn't have the signficance of being an original 'earned' badge but its looks nice and will be stuck on the front of my beastly Elite gaming PC when I build that

Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post (Source)
    Yes its quite nice, and I'd recommend it to anyone that wants one. My delievered product looks exactly like their promo images on the page.

I know it doesn't have the signficance of being an original 'earned' badge but its looks nice and will be stuck on the front of my beastly Elite gaming PC when I build that
    Good to hear. In Australia those badges were not available to us at the time or at least not in my copy of ELITE.

I was just wanting to see if anyone can verify that the Acornones (with the black square) are the ultra rare ones. I was told there were only around 30 and acorn only gave them out to one person a month so even if you were "ELITE" you also had to be one of the random ones they chose thus ultra rare (as per my previous post). Unfortunately I cannot find any corroborating evidence to this.

Originally Posted by buellpilot View Post (Source)
    Hi Huwthomas and Rafe

As JKF has already said... "and then there was five"

If two more bona fide Elite badge holders turn up it will be the magnificent seven in Cobra MkIIIs.

Who else is lurking out there.....
    There must be more out there?

Elite Badge

As Tony Stark in Ironman 2 said "I Want One"

Originally Posted by Katrin Vanhelsing View Post (Source)
    As Tony Stark in Ironman 2 said "I Want One"
    That much is evident by the numerous posts you have put, all saying that same thing.....

But I doubt you'll get anyone selling them unless you offer some serious cash, as the rarity of them seems evident, and at the mention of it, almost everyone has gone a hunting to find it!

Now there are 6

Now there are 6

Was a good surprise, haven't checked the forums for quite a long time and here's my badge! Pleased I'm not the only one, was starting to feel a little too old! Managed to find the badge once I'd heard about the ED kickstarter. That badge represents many months of my life on Elite on the old BBC B.

Welcome Skyman.... now that 6 have emerged from the mists of time will a 7th ever join our ranks?

With eager anticipation, we await to hear their tale of how they earned their badge, and kept it safe awaiting the return of Elite...

Keep looking. It took me 4 weeks to find mine. It was in a box of old photographs together with all my archery medals.
    When you found it, did you say 'Bullseye'?

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast