View Poll Results: Do you want a new Elite Badge

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 90.82%
  • No

9 9.18%
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Badge

Loving this thread, congrats to all of you that have kept your badges!

might be stupid but is it not possible to make a mould from one of your originals? I dont know how these things work just a thought.

Fozza, That's a dashed fine idea. They can do this in the building trade with plaster to make new cornice so I would think the could coat one of the original badges with latex (or similar) and make a new mould.

Ian Lawrence made a few... probably still has the cast

http://www.ianlawrencemodels.com/elitebadge.html

Originally Posted by bbwonder View Post (Source)
    This is simply awesome!??!

How did they verify / find out you had become Elite?

Was this some contest held in a dusty old warehouse with thousands of Elite gamers crammed in until someone cracked it?! =)

VERY COOL!
    In the game package was a card which had to be completed and sent off when you reached Elite. When you saved your game a serial number was shown, which I assume contained to sufficient info to verify the authenticity of your claim, which you entered on the card.

The offer lasted for a limited time and the best of the Elite each month received an additional reward I think.

Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    When it comes to mercandising I'm not a great fan.. fluffy toys etc.. However, an Elite badge can't be scoffed at - I want mine in 24 carrot sold gold please.

I could try to make make you copy of mine out of a carrot with my dremel and spray it gold..how's that?

Managed to get hold of a chap called Wouter, the chap that posted this on the interwebs:
    http://wouter.bbcmicro.net/pictures/...elite_pins.jpg
    has confirmed he took the photo and still has the badges having earned them on various versions of Elite.
    Alas he has other things that take up all his time at the moment, dont know if he will be dropping onto this thread to say hello.
    (I'm dead jealous ... three variations of the badge)

/respect Wouter :-)

gratz! awesome badges all three of them

Originally Posted by JKF View Post (Source)
    In the game package was a card which had to be completed and sent off when you reached Elite. When you saved your game a serial number was shown, which I assume contained to sufficient info to verify the authenticity of your claim, which you entered on the card.

The offer lasted for a limited time and the best of the Elite each month received an additional reward I think.
    Also the top three in each month got awarded a personalised framed 'Order of Elite'

I am guessing that if the badges are as rare as they seem, my 'Order of Elite' might be so rare, as to be nearly extinct!!
    Click to see my Order of Elite

Originally Posted by buellpilot View Post (Source)
    I am guessing that if the badges are as rare as they seem, my 'Order of Elite' might be so rare, as to be nearly be extinct!!
    Click to see my Order of Elite
    Very nice :-)

I just had a quick look on eBay and there are lots of Elite badges for sale.

None from the game and more than a few from Domino's.

Apparently you can become an Elite Domino's Pizza Delivery person

Originally Posted by Abysinth View Post (Source)

Perhaps that could be a trading option in Elite Dangerous... if you can deliver hot pizza from planet Domino to any other world in 30 minutes or less you become 'Elite Domino's Pizza Delivery'

hehe ... if there were not several variations of Domino's Elite Pizza Delivery badges (ie if there was only one) ... I might be tempted to buy one, just for personal chuckle value.

:-)

I really hope they bring this back for E: D
    I was too young to achieve the badge the first time

Originally Posted by Abysinth View Post (Source)

IIRC a couple of the original badges came up for sale on EBay about 3 years ago.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast