View Poll Results: Do you want a new Elite Badge

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 90.82%
  • No

9 9.18%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Badge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Elite Badge

Really dumb qustion I'm sure ..... but I have a 29 year old badge that means the world to me .. http://wouter.bbcmicro.net/pictures/...elite_pins.jpg (the one on the left) .... any plans to continue this ? (a shiny new badge for shiny new Eliteangerous players that make it to Elite)

n.b. not a show-stopper; already pledging 300 and not planning on pulling it regardless of the respose ... just curious.

p.s. if anyone want's to buy my badge ... a 300,000 pledge to E kickstarter will sort the deal, anything less ... sorry, it's worth more to me ;-)

Hi Duncan
    Welcome to the Frontier Forum and that is a nice badge you have there. Unfortunately it's a bit out of my price range

I've been posting to the KS comment thread and some thread here, hoping that those badges would become a pledge upgrade. Of course, if Frontier wants to reserve them for gamers who actually reach Elite status, I'd respect that choice happily - just as long as they exist!

Originally Posted by Susimetsa View Post (Source)
    I've been posting to the KS comment thread and some thread here, hoping that those badges would become a pledge upgrade. Of course, if Frontier wants to reserve them for gamers who actually reach Elite status, I'd respect that choice happily - just as long as they exist!
    Hi Susimetsa; I'm retired and one of my several occupations; was a Jeweler, working out of shops in San Francisco. To this day I have a bench set up in our basement. When the time comes I'll have no problem creating and casting my own Silver Elite badge.

The new badge has arrived

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    The new badge has arrived

The new badge bought for 3.50 the orginal badge paid for with the lives of 6,400 commanders.

Originally Posted by Duncan_Gray View Post (Source)
    p.s. if anyone want's to buy my badge ... a 300,000 pledge to E kickstarter will sort the deal, anything less ... sorry, it's worth more to me ;-)
    I would love to get my hands on one of those.
    Wow.

I've only just heard about these badges. At the time I was playing Elite, they had been discontinued and it took a couple of years for me to attain Elite status, so by that time it was all over. Add in the fact I'm in Australia and I had no chance of ever getting one.

*Sad Panda*

So I'd love it if Frontier Dev made them available again to players, pending special conditions (like, well, being Elite status first. maybe some others too).

Double Elite Global Moderator Sir.Tj's Avatar
    Not seething with jealousy at all

Nice to see their are still some out there.

It would also be nice if FD produced some more......

Those are simply beautifull!

I too was a little young to get them first time round, and spent years trying to acquire one before I finally gave up.

Would love to see a recurrence of these badges too.

Originally Posted by Duncan_Gray View Post (Source)
    Really dumb qustion I'm sure ..... but I have a 29 year old badge that means the world to me .. http://wouter.bbcmicro.net/pictures/...elite_pins.jpg (the one on the left) .... any plans to continue this ? (a shiny new badge for shiny new Eliteangerous players that make it to Elite)
    I would also love to have a physical badge once elite status has been achived but I am all for making my own

You are truely elite if you have an original elite status badge! Well done commander!

Frontier really need to bring these badges/medals back for those that reach Elite status

Also, a badge should be given to anyone with Elite Founder status too.

I'd like to be able to display both if I get there.

Until I'm kitted out though I'll probably hide the gold one.

A couple of us have been chatting on IRC about having some new badges 3D printed. Would FD mind? It is just fan made art after all?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast