View Poll Results: Do you want a new Elite Badge

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

89 90.82%
  • No

9 9.18%
Page 1 of 22 1236 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Badge

Elite Badge

Really dumb qustion I'm sure ..... but I have a 29 year old badge that means the world to me .. http://wouter.bbcmicro.net/pictures/...elite_pins.jpg (the one on the left) .... any plans to continue this ? (a shiny new badge for shiny new Eliteangerous players that make it to Elite)

n.b. not a show-stopper; already pledging £300 and not planning on pulling it regardless of the respose ... just curious.

p.s. if anyone want's to buy my badge ... a £300,000 pledge to E kickstarter will sort the deal, anything less ... sorry, it's worth more to me ;-)

Hi Duncan
    Welcome to the Frontier Forum and that is a nice badge you have there. Unfortunately it's a bit out of my price range

I've been posting to the KS comment thread and some thread here, hoping that those badges would become a pledge upgrade. Of course, if Frontier wants to reserve them for gamers who actually reach Elite status, I'd respect that choice happily - just as long as they exist!

Originally Posted by Duncan_Gray View Post (Source)
    p.s. if anyone want's to buy my badge ... a £300,000 pledge to E kickstarter will sort the deal, anything less ... sorry, it's worth more to me ;-)
    I would love to get my hands on one of those.
    Wow.

I've only just heard about these badges. At the time I was playing Elite, they had been discontinued and it took a couple of years for me to attain Elite status, so by that time it was all over. Add in the fact I'm in Australia and I had no chance of ever getting one.

*Sad Panda*

So I'd love it if Frontier Dev made them available again to players, pending special conditions (like, well, being Elite status first. maybe some others too).

Not seething with jealousy at all

Nice to see their are still some out there.

It would also be nice if FD produced some more......

Those are simply beautifull!

I too was a little young to get them first time round, and spent years trying to acquire one before I finally gave up.

Would love to see a recurrence of these badges too.

Damn they look amazing! Never heard of them, and never became ELITE anyway. I managed Deadly for Elite II and maybe ELITE (I can't remember)

When I learned about Elite Dangerous on KS I decided that I couldn't pledge until I found my Elite Badge (original BBC Micro).

It took over 4 weeks of searching before finding it. I was beginning to think I'd lost it for good and therefore didn't deserve to be involved with ED.

I wonder how many are still out there in the wild.

Originally Posted by JKF View Post (Source)
    When I learned about Elite Dangerous on KS I decided that I couldn't pledge until I found my Elite Badge (original BBC Micro).

It took over 4 weeks of searching before finding it. I was beginning to think I'd lost it for good and therefore didn't deserve to be involved with ED.

I wonder how many are still out there in the wild.
    Hope theres a picture on the way

Originally Posted by T.j View Post (Source)
    Hope theres a picture on the way
    It's my avatar picture but here's a big version...
    http://www.4tn.net/public/EliteBadge.jpg

That is quite frankly, awesome.

Originally Posted by JKF View Post (Source)
    It's my avatar picture but here's a big version...
    http://www.4tn.net/public/EliteBadge.jpg

Ohhhhhh Jealousy rising

Very nice.

Page 1 of 22 1236 ... LastLast