Page 59 of 59 First 55575859

Thread: EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

Originally Posted by J. Calvert (Joshua) View Post (Source)
    Thanks. Not exactly what I was looking for but maybe I'll use the "max jumps remaining" part to build in a warning about having to use the fuelscoop if the number of jumps I want to make exceeds that maximum.
    What you're looking for does not exist. if FDEV doesn't provide it, EDDI doesn't have it... 'max jumps remaining' is as close as you're going to get.

Originally Posted by J. Calvert (Joshua) View Post (Source)
    Thanks. Not exactly what I was looking for but maybe I'll use the "max jumps remaining" part to build in a warning about having to use the fuelscoop if the number of jumps I want to make exceeds that maximum.

This isn't exactly what you're looking for either, but I had a similar itch about looping jumps. Instead of telling VA how may jumps to loop through, I use the {TXT:EDDI next jump system} to keep jumping until I reach my destination system.

First, in another command, I set a Boolean [AutoJump] to indicate whether to use auto-jumping or go to manual. Then I set another Boolean when the FSD is ready. I find it works better to check the FSD status after the event has triggered.
    Code:
    ((EDDI ship fsd))

Begin Text Compare : [{TXT:Status fsd status}] Equals 'ready'
        Set Boolean [FSDReady] to True
    Else
        Set Boolean [FSDReady] to False
    End Condition
    Then I have the ((EDDI jumped)) event see if we're there yet. (Not perfected, the loop-pause is a workaround for now.)
    Code:
    ((EDDI jumped))

Begin Boolean Compare : [AutoJump] Equals True
        Begin Text Compare : [{TXT:EDDI jumped system}] Does Not Equal '{TXT:EDDI next jump system}'
            Start Loop While : [FSDReady] Equals False
                Pause 3 seconds
            End Loop
            Begin Boolean Compare : [FSDReady] Equals True
                Execute command, 'Jump'
            End Condition
        Else If Text Compare : [{TXT:EDDI jumped system}] Equals '{TXT:EDDI next jump system}'
            Write [Blue] 'Auto jump route completed' to log
        End Condition
    End Condition
    I think getting it to stop auto-jumping when fuel levels reach a certain level could work, maybe even throw in an auto-scoop command.

Here's what I use to set the [AutoJump] and other Booleans.
    Code:
    [Disable;Enable] Auto [Fsd;Jump;Service;Dock;Heatsink;Docking Computer]

Set Text [AutoFunction] to 'Auto{TXTTITLE:"{CMDSEGMENT:2}"}'
    Begin Text Compare : [{CMDSEGMENT:0}] Equals 'Disable'
        Set Boolean [Auto{CMDSEGMENT:2}] to False
        Say, '{TXT:AutoFunction} disabled.'
    Else If Text Compare : [{CMDSEGMENT:0}] Equals 'Enable'
        Set Boolean [Auto{CMDSEGMENT:2}] to True
        Say, '{TXT:AutoFunction} enabled.'
    End Condition
    Write [Gray] '{TXT:AutoFunction}: {BOOL:Auto{CMDSEGMENT:2}}' to log
    Set Text [AutoFunction] to [Not Set]

sorry if it's already been asked before but i tried to use the search thread and nothing showed up...
    got a couple of questions:

-how can i DISABLE the localization in my default language? i would like very much to have all the messages in english than a mix of english and italian... it's terrible hearing Zira saying "body number xyz is a ghiacciato corpo celestiale"

-also is there a way to delay a bit some of the phrases? e.g. when it executes the Body Mapped command it tends to overlap it's voice with my COVAS' one

Originally Posted by mrmauz View Post (Source)
    sorry if it's already been asked before but i tried to use the search thread and nothing showed up...
    got a couple of questions:

-how can i DISABLE the localization in my default language? i would like very much to have all the messages in english than a mix of english and italian... it's terrible hearing Zira saying "body number xyz is a ghiacciato corpo celestiale"

-also is there a way to delay a bit some of the phrases? e.g. when it executes the Body Mapped command it tends to overlap it's voice with my COVAS' one
    Hi mrmauz,

To 'disable' the localisation, on the main EDDI tab there is a drop-down selection of the languages to use. Just choose English instead of Automatic (the default).

To delay any speech, you can add a pause into the script. You can't edit the default personality, so if you have not yet done so, you need to make a copy. Go to the Speech Responder tab and click the Copy Personality button, and name it to whatever you want. Then go to the Body Mapped script and click the Edit button on the right. In the new window that pops up, add {Pause(1000)} at the very top. Enter it just as it is here. The time is in milliseconds, so 1000 is one second. Now adjust the time until the delay is long enough for you.

Hope that helps!

o7

-=] Darkcyde [=-

thanks a lot Darkcyde, also big up for the fast response!

p.s. EDDI rocks

p.p.s the first one was indeed just there in plain view just as a lot of things in my life! sorry for this humongous show of n00biness
    8p