Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast

Thread: EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

Hello pls HELP ME! EDDI is driving me crazy since ive completed some community goals! EVERY single thing that happens in game now EDDI warns "commander youve expressed interest in the following community goal" bla bla bla! Ive deleted my 'personality" and recovered an old one but STILL that DAMN warn pops up EVERY SINGLE FRIKKING second!!! It's driving me nuts! What gives?

{_ Set Context _}
    {SetState('eddi_context_last_subject', 'community goal')}
    {_ Save goal location to context if there is only one goal present _}
    {if len(event.cgid) = 1:
    {SetState('eddi_context_goal_system_name', event.system[0])}
    {SetState('eddi_context_goal_station_name', event.station[0])}
    }

{F('Honorific')},

{if len(event.name) > 1:
    {OneOf("you have expressed interest in", "I am tracking")}
    the following community goals:
    |else:
    The community goal,
    }

{set cur to 0}
    {while cur < len(event.name):

{if cur = 0 && len(event.name) = 1:
    {_ nothing _}
    |elif cur = 0 && len(event.name) > 1:
    The first,
    |elif cur < (len(event.name) - 1):
    The next,
    |else:
    The last,
    }

{event.name[cur]},

{if event.iscomplete[cur]:
    {OneOf("is complete", "has finished")}
    |else:
    {if (event.expiry[cur] / 3600) < 12:
    {OneOf("is nearing completion",
    "shall end in {Humanise(round(event.expiry[cur] / 3600, 1))} hours",
    "is nearly complete")}
    |else:
    {OneOf("is not yet complete",
    "is active",
    "is incomplete")}
    }
    }

{if event.tier[cur]:
    {OneOf("and has reached", "and currently at")} {event.tier[cur]}.
    {if event.contribution[cur] > 0:
    Your expected reward is
    {Occasionally(2, "currently")}
    {Occasionally(2, "calculated at")}
    {Humanise(event.tierreward[cur])} credits
    {Occasionally(2, "in the {event.percentileband[cur]}th percentile")}
    }
    }.

{_ Create a comparison function _}
    {set compare(stat) to:
    {if stat < 0.01:
    just a {OneOf("fraction", "token")} of
    |elif stat < 0.10:
    less than a tenth of
    |elif stat < 0.25:
    less than a quarter of
    |elif stat < 0.5:
    less than half of
    |elif stat < 0.75:
    less than
    |elif stat < 0.96:
    {OneOf("fractionally","just")}
    less than
    |elif stat < 1.05:
    {OneOf("approximately","roughly","nearly")}
    equal to
    |elif stat < 1.25:
    a little more than
    |elif stat < 1.5:
    more than
    |elif stat < 2:
    significantly more than
    |else:
    vastly more than
    }
    }
    {set compare_contribution to (event.contribution[cur] / round(event.total[cur] / event.contributors[cur], 0))}

{if compare_contribution != 0:
    {if event.toprank[cur]:
    Congratulations!
    You are one of {event.topranksize[cur]} top commanders in this event, having contributed
    {compare(compare_contribution)}
    the average.
    |else:
    {Occasionally(2, "You have contributed
    {compare(compare_contribution)}
    the average.")}
    }
    }

{if !event.iscomplete[cur]:
    You may
    {if event.contribution[cur] > 0:
    {OneOf("contribute more", "make additional contributions")}
    |else:
    {OneOf("contribute", "make a contribution")}
    }
    {if event.station[cur] = station.name:
    {Occasionally(2, "here")}
    {Occasionally(2, "at this station")}.
    |elif event.system[cur] = system.name:
    at {P(event.station[cur])}
    {Occasionally(2, "here")}
    {Occasionally(2, "in this system", "in the current system")}.
    |else:
    at {P(event.station[cur])},
    in {OneOf("{P(event.system[cur])}", "the {P(event.system[cur])} system" )}.
    }
    }

{set cur to cur + 1}
    {Pause(1000)}
    }
    This is the 'event' is nice all all but it's outta control!

Originally Posted by tulextreme View Post (Source)
    Hello pls HELP ME! EDDI is driving me crazy since ive completed some community goals! EVERY single thing that happens in game now EDDI warns "commander youve expressed interest in the following community goal" bla bla bla! Ive deleted my 'personality" and recovered an old one but STILL that DAMN warn pops up EVERY SINGLE FRIKKING second!!! It's driving me nuts! What gives?
    Can someone help me track this 'trigger' ?

Thank you!
    Uncheck the 'community goal update' in the speech responder for the moment, til a fix is deployed. only works in a custom personality, ofc.

Originally Posted by punkerich View Post (Source)
    Uncheck the 'community goal update' in the speech responder for the moment, til a fix is deployed. only works in a custom personality, ofc.
    Yes, this is the best advice for now. In 2.4.03 the game started spamming that particular event and there is no way to distinguish the unsolicited events from the rest. It's a bit annoying as T'Kael had just got it working nicely. Back to the drawing board.

Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    Yes, this is the best advice for now. In 2.4.03 the game started spamming that particular event and there is no way to distinguish the unsolicited events from the rest. It's a bit annoying as T'Kael had just got it working nicely. Back to the drawing board.
    Okay yeah i figured that much but i had hope it could get a "chillin' pill" ... Congrats to you guys on the terrific EDDI work, i know this will be sorted out soon! o7

Hello cmdrs, me again! (LOL)

SO i had this wicked fun time building a FAS pure hull mega on a HAZ today! and as u might know tons of cargo and materials are purged into de void as u kill them! So i check on the left panel what they drop, swap to right panel for what i need, scoop and profit! But hey, doing this for every god damn ship u kill in a haz is very tiresome and annoying! Well them to my question! Would be possible to create a cmd into VA / EDDI that would check how many given material (item) u have on your journal log and say to you a response like "cmdr you have 14 phase alloys on board!" ... That would be so handy!
    Well maybe the idea is there and someone more keen than me can create such wonder! Fly safe and code smart cmdrs o7

Hey guys, I am about halfway through this thread and haven't seen it addressed yet. I'm wanting to modify the refueling script a little bit. I've tried looking at other scripts that were similar to what I want and I've tried piecing it together, but it still isn't working. All I can get it to say is "{ShipName} is refuelling". Can you guys see what I am doing wrong and give me some idea how to fix it? I hard set the fuellevel to a few different percentages and hit the test button and it works, but once in game it doesn't work. It's kinda confusing. I've not done this kinda stuff in forever, so I need help.

Thanks a million!!! Loving what I am seeing here!

Code:
    {set happend to OneOf(
    "You're ready to go Mac, you're ",
    "That's all she'll hold Boss, you're ",
    "Looks like you're all topped off, you're "
    )}

{Pause(2000)}

{set fuellevel to (event.fuelremaining/ship.fueltanktotalcapacity) * 100}

{if fuellevel >= 99:
            {happend} {ShipName()} has been fully refuelled.
    |elif fuellevel <=75:
            {ShipName()} is refuelling.
    }

Originally Posted by GalacticZero View Post (Source)
    Hey guys, I am about halfway through this thread and haven't seen it addressed yet. I'm wanting to modify the refueling script a little bit. I've tried looking at other scripts that were similar to what I want and I've tried piecing it together, but it still isn't working. All I can get it to say is "{ShipName} is refuelling". Can you guys see what I am doing wrong and give me some idea how to fix it? I hard set the fuellevel to a few different percentages and hit the test button and it works, but once in game it doesn't work. It's kinda confusing. I've not done this kinda stuff in forever, so I need help.

Thanks a million!!! Loving what I am seeing here!

Code:
    {set happend to OneOf(
    "You're ready to go Mac, you're ",
    "That's all she'll hold Boss, you're ",
    "Looks like you're all topped off, you're "
    )}

{Pause(2000)}

{if fuellevel >= 99:
            {happend} {ShipName()} has been fully refuelled.
    |elif fuellevel <=75:
            {ShipName()} is refuelling.
    }
    I'm reluctant to get into debugging 3rd party scripts. I'll just say that turning on the option in the "Speech responder" tab to write text to disk is invaluable.

Then you might want to investigate by getting the script to state "event.fuelremaining" and "ship.fueltanktotalcapacity".

You might also like to read the Cottle Docs.

Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    I'm reluctant to get into debugging 3rd party scripts. I'll just say that turning on the option in the "Speech responder" tab to write text to disk is invaluable.

Then you might want to investigate by getting the script to state "event.fuelremaining" and "ship.fueltanktotalcapacity".

You might also like to read the Cottle Docs.

Oh, well, I thought that's what we did here as the first 19 pages I went through was quite a large amount of doing just that.

The stuff I put in there is just things from other scripts that I got from here. For instance, from the amount of fuel used, max jumps, etc that I got from something back on the first 5 pages or so of posts. I was just trying to cobble it together to get what I wanted. It just wasn't working the way I thought it would.

EDIT: Hell, I don't even know how to get it to state those values or where to even get those values from. Maybe I'm not even populating those values because I'm not calling them from wherever they are.

Sure, debugging each others' scripts is exactly what the scripting community do here and exactly what this thread is for, but as one of the app dev team I have to ration my time in here vs working on the app itself. I try to keep my finger on the pulse here but otherwise keep a low profile.

So, looks like I am not getting any value into event.fuelremaining. I've tried calling it and it is apparently empty. I called ship.fueltanktotalcapacity and it reports the right amount. Oh well, until I learn more how to call modules this isn't going to get anywhere.

So, looks like I am not getting any value into event.fuelremaining. I've tried calling it and it is apparently empty. I called ship.fueltanktotalcapacity and it reports the right amount. Oh well, until I learn more how to call modules this isn't going to get anywhere.
    You're close, but 'event.fuelremaining' doesn't exist and will always return zero. Per the 'Variables' button, the variable that you want to call is 'event.total'.

Download EDDI at: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases - My EDDI personality: ASTRA-EXT

But it works in the Jumped script I found earlier that tells you how much fuel you used.

Code:

This jump used {Humanise(event.fuelused)} tons of fuel.  You have {Humanise(fuellevel)} percent fuel remaining.

{if fuellevel <= 5:
        Your fuel level is under 5%.  If you do not refuel soon you risk being stranded.
    |elif fuellevel <= 25:
        You have a quarter tank of fuel remaining.  Refuel soon.
    |elif fuellevel <= 50:
        Your tank is half empty.  It is recommended you refuel soon.
    }
    At least it sounds like it works when you do the jump. That's why I thought it was a valid event.

Nevermind, I think I get it now. I looked at the very bottom of the variables button. Never done that before. Got lazy, I guess. Looks like each event had its own thing that I didn't realize. So, what I needed to do was set event.total=ship.fueltanktotalcapacity in that fully refueled part that contains happend (I only say that because if I change the size of my fuel tank or ship that has a different size, I don't want a hard coded value in there or else it will be wrong)?

I guess I'm just not cut out for this stuff. I'm having too hard of a time figuring this out.

Nevermind, I think I get it now. I looked at the very bottom of the variables button. Never done that before. Got lazy, I guess. Looks like each event had its own thing that I didn't realize. So, what I needed to do was set event.total=ship.fueltanktotalcapacity in that fully refueled part that contains happend (I only say that because if I change the size of my fuel tank or ship that has a different size, I don't want a hard coded value in there or else it will be wrong)?

I guess I'm just not cut out for this stuff. I'm having too hard of a time figuring this out.
    Each event has its own set of variables, and they may not be consistent between events (something for us to work on one day perhaps). Since 'event.total' is described as the new fuel level of the ship, it is the equivalent of the jumped event's 'event.fuelremaining' variable for this event (and if event.total=ship.fueltanktotalcapacity then the tank is full). Try modifying your original script with this change:
    Code:
    {set fuellevel to (event.total/ship.fueltanktotalcapacity) * 100}

Download EDDI at: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/releases - My EDDI personality: ASTRA-EXT

Yo! How would i got by getting EDDI to read the 'visitor's beacon' text information?! Is it possible?!

that would be REALLY immersive!

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast