Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newsletter # 153

Win exclusive items in this year's Charity Auction

NEWSLETTER #153

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

We're kicking off the season of giving this week with a chance to win loads of exclusive Elite Dangerous goodies all in the name of charity. Our friends at HCS Voicepacks and Spidermind are also feeling generous, with exciting news from both of them this week.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

BRAND NEW CONTENT FROM HCS VOICE PACKS

We're excited to share that the team over at HCS voice packs have released some amazing new packages this week, as well as updating one of their most popular products.

First among the new packs is "Eli". Featuring the legendary John De Lancie, known for his portrayal of "Q" in Star Trek, along with scripting from Elite Dangerous book author, Drew Wager, Eli features over 2500 responses

Also out today is "Maia", an adaptation of the incredibly popular "Eden". Translated and voiced in full by YouTuber and Twitch streamer "Miamouz", this is
    a must have for any German Commanders.

Last, but by no means least is the huge update to "Verity", including an all new Solar System Tour for you to enjoy. HCS always work hard to update their packs with fresh material and this is a great example of the excellent content you get in each pack.

HCS Voice Packs augment the Elite Dangerous experience in a truly unique way, we thoroughly recommend you check out their huge range of voice packs featuring the talents of Tom Baker, Bryan Blessed, William Shatner and more.

ELITE DANGEROUS TABLETOP GAME IN DEVELOPMENT

We're also please to announce that an official Elite Dangerous Tabletop is in development by the talented folk at Spidermind games, this Table Top RPG will pit you and your friends in a battle for dominance in a cut-throat galaxy.

Spidermind are running a Kickstarter with some incredible Pledge bonuses in January, so stay tuned for more news.

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

UNTJAARTED TERRITORY

This week, Ed was joined by Elite Dangerous artist Tjaart Kruger!

After jumping into open play in a system nearby Sol, they jazzed up their Asps and got exploring in a race to make the most credits in an hour.

Who was victorious? Watch the stream over on our YouTube channel to find out.

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

BRAND NEW KEELBACK PAINTJOBS

For the Traders among you that want to jazz up your trusty Keelback, you're in luck!

The Keelback now has three paint packs available, you have military, tactical and vibrant to choose from. Let us know your favorite.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

CHRISTMAS CHARITY EVENTS 

To celebrate the season of giving, we're joining with our wonderful community to share some amazing prizes and raise money for the superb cause, Special Effect, in the process.

CHARITY AUCTION ON NOW

We have a huge selection of exclusive items currently on blind auction, including:

Dine with the Developers: Dine with the developers of Elite Dangerous.

Name a Rare good: Name a Rare good and have it added to the game!

Name a Station: Name a Station in game!

Name a System: Name an entire system in game!

Your own custom unique, bespoke paint job: A one of a kind, special unique paint job for one of your Commanders.

Elite Dangerous Lifetime Expansion Pass: The lifetime expansion pass offers you every update ever made to Elite Dangerous and all future expansions!

To be in with a chance of winning one of these incredible auction prizes, simply email the name of the item/items you wish to bid on with the amount per item to Community@frontier.co.uk with the subject line "Blind Charity Auction".

Please refer to the the dedicated forum post for full details, terms and conditions.

The auction closes on December 9th at 9AM GMT, sget your bid in now for a chance of winning.

24 HOUR CHARITY LIVESTREAM

We’re back this year with another 24 hour livestream. Ed and Bo will be taking on the challenge simultaneously! Ed will be captaining 24 hours of the great ship Elite Dangerous, while Bo takes on Planet Coaster based challenges, it’s sure to be a night/day to remember.

This challenge begins on the December 19, 2016 (midday GMT) and will be ending at the same time on December 20. Be sure to tune in and help them raise loads of money for the excellent cause, SpecialEffect.

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

COLONIA EXPANSION

The Colonia Council has announced plans to colonise the systems surrounding Colonia. To earn a migration visa, pilots must deliver commodities on behalf of their chosen organisation. The factions that make the largest contribution will earn the right to settle in one of the systems surrounding Colonia.

SEASONAL APPEAL

The People’s Tutumu Confederacy has announced a special seasonal appeal. The organisation has asked for various commodities, and announced that pilots who deliver the requested goods will be entered into a special prize draw.

EXPLORATION CAMPAIGNS CONCLUDE

A spokesperson for The Children of Raxxla has announced that its appeal for exploration data has resulted in the delivery of large quantities of astronomical data. A competing initiative from the Federation proved less popular with the galactic community.

RAM TAH LABORATORY ATTACKED

The research centre at Felice Dock in the Meene system has been severely damaged in an act of vandalism. Readers will no doubt recall that Ram Tah’s research project into the Synuefe ruins is based at Felice Dock. The engineer has announced plans to relocate to Phoenix Base.

RETAIL APPEAL ENDS

A spokesperson for Tchernobog Free has announced that its appeal for consumer goods has been enthusiastically received by the galactic community, allowing the organisation to keep up with the incredibly high demand ushered in by last Friday’s competitive deals.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

PEOPLE'S TUTUMU CONFEDERACY APPEAL
    North Ring, Tutumu

Deliver Gold, Pyrophyllite, or Mineral Oil to North Ring in the Tutumu system for the People’s Tutumu Confederacy.

COLONIA MIGRATION APPEAL, DECEMBER 3302

Jaques Station, Colonia

Earn your faction a place in the Colonia region by transporting Galactic Travel Guides from Bluford Orbital in the LHS 3447 system to Jaques Station in the Colonia system.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

FER-DE-LANCE EYE CANDY

We recently showcased some rather spectacular ASPs doing their thing. Well, the Fer-De-Lance Pilots had something to say about that, bringing their own beautiful pictures to our attention.

ONWARDS TO THE HORIZON

CMDR Divergents opted to go exploring instead of blowing things up. Check out the stunning views they experienced.

INTO THE ZONE

CMDR Moozipan takes it to a whole new level with this awesome fan art.
    C

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

Frontier

Copyright © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England,  CB4 0WG, UK

Thanks for the re-post

The Elite tabletop RPG? What's happening with Elite Encounters?

Originally Posted by Edith_The_Hutt View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the re-post

The Elite tabletop RPG? What's happening with Elite Encounters?
    Exactly what I was about to ask.

I'd like a high quality Elite Dangerous Table Top Game. Winter (aliens) doesn't seem to be coming in December though...

I haven't received this.

Does anyone have a link to the online version, no links work for me in the above.

edit: nm it's ok. Of course the relative links point at forums.frontier.... and so fail, but the main body still works

CMDR Britain
    The Thargoids are not the enemy
    "Alien archeology and other mysteries" archive | YouTube | Images/Audio

The Fer-De-Lance Eye Candy is really tasty.

How very disappointing.

I'd like to know if the Devs or production team is even listening to the player base right now, because winning favour for charity auctions from the community requires a bit of buy-in and faith. Ironically, excatly the same as they have received from the player base - but I can tell ya, it's drying up. There are too many things to fix - better get fixing FD, or is it 'hello games'??

No. Not happy about this newsletter release at all.
    Check out my YouTube channel for combat, exploration, challenges, Info, etc

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXx...XYsk44K0CdGZFQ

The CMDR Divergents link is not working (in both the email and the OP).

Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    The Fer-De-Lance Eye Candy is really tasty.
    Agreed some stunning images there.

Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post (Source)
    Elite RPG????
    There was always meant to be one, as one of the backers with the writers pack was doing one, see: http://daftworks.co.uk/eliterpg/index.php/Welcome

So I was wondering where this Spidermind one, with a new Kickstarter, fits in?

Originally Posted by Tyger View Post (Source)
    How very disappointing.

I'd like to know if the Devs or production team is even listening to the player base right now, because winning favour for charity auctions from the community requires a bit of buy-in and faith. Ironically, excatly the same as they have received from the player base - but I can tell ya, it's drying up. There are too many things to fix - better get fixing FD, or is it 'hello games'??

No. Not happy about this newsletter release at all.
    Only here could someone perform the mental gymnastics involved to find themselves offended by charity.

Originally Posted by Lobstris View Post (Source)
    There was always meant to be one, as one of the backers with the writers pack was doing one, see: http://daftworks.co.uk/eliterpg/index.php/Welcome

So I was wondering where this Spidermind one, with a new Kickstarter, fits in?
    Competition I think is the best way to describe it. And why not, Star Wars has three.

Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post (Source)
    Elite RPG????
    It's intriguing! I've always thought the lore was fertile ground for role play.

Originally Posted by Shocken-Orr View Post (Source)
    Competition I think is the best way to describe it. And why not, Star Wars has three.
    See also this post from Dave Hughes: http://daftworks.co.uk/eliterpg/inde...ial_Blog?id=90

The text notes that "an official Elite Dangerous Tabletop [sic] is in development" and makes no mention of any pre-existing, potentially competing Tabletop games in development. This has possibly led to some confusion among you as to whether this is a "rebranding" of EE or if this is an indication that EE has met its end.

I would like to reassure everyone that the Elite Dangerous RPG is a completely separate licensed project to Elite Encounters and neither have any impact on the other. I will continue to put the finishing touches to EE and submit in the slot that Frontier have set aside for me in June.

In the meantime I hope you will join me in support of the EDRPG project and wish them well. I will be pledging on their Kickstarter when it goes live next month.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast