Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Meta Alloy Ripe Barnacle sources

Originally Posted by mazelinho View Post (Source)
    I'll make an exception of not forum-posting new finds because my latest one is on the other neighboring planet.

Witch Head Sector HW-W c1-7 C 4
    Latitude -35.158333 Longitude -26.877186
    Imgur Album

Edit: What's this? I cannot hear this barnacle on my SRV scanner!? Is it a known bug/feature?
    Some sites have been bugged like that and no SRV wave scanner.
    Good Find again. C4 find? Good stuff. I'll look in later perhaps, and leave you to scout more.
    I'll have to finish scanning the system to look at other temps. Was intending to last night, but many beers later parked up for the night.

Looking at the ones i did scan , think i'll poke around C 1 , Its a borderline candidate, 470k is near the hottest i think they could get to nearly. That is if they are similar temp ranges to the fungus types. HIP 17225 i think hottest so far at 458k.

Looking at C 6 in system map, also could be a barnacle candidate. 242k

I think I know what the barnacles are. They are Thargoid babies which are fed by the Motherships. As the humans plunder them and steal the alloys which makes them grow. The Thargoid mamies get angry and declare war on humanity in the galaxy. Barnacles are litteraly thargoid babies.

Fer De Lance a choice by nature

Originally Posted by PanPiper. View Post (Source)
    Gratz Cmdr Mazelinho, or is it CmdrGrimelinho , from metasheet. Out of Rep for now, but you have metasheet barnacle rep. hehe.
    No need to post to forum,, else i would have annoyed that thread a lot more. hehe.. filling out the form is enough,
    that is automated and then adds the data directly into the barnacle metasheet. Then one of us checks and confirms, then checks cycles etc.

Nice finds , keep up the darn fine work.

After the E3 stuff was exhausted, put that bit below, since still on the Witch Head Barnacles.
    Took a break after some CQC with the guys, went out to the Witch Head to check on you're new finds. Check ripe status and MA. Had a wingman with me who was up for some adventure outside the bubble so Cmdr Ishmair came along for the journey.

One barren on C3 , will check in other cycles to find when its ripe.
    The other at 25.25 / -5.68 Single barnacle Ripe in B cycle with 2 MA
    Took a look at a couple of other possible locations on C3 , but without luck.

Headed to C2 -39.90 / -65.97 and checked on that find. Also barren currently, will look in next cycle and find its ripe phase.

Took a look around there after with Cmdr Ishmair and had some luck, actually quite a lot of luck with finds this evening.

2 new barnacles on C2
    Witch Head Sector HW-W C1-7 C 2 41.98 / 112.24 B cycle 1 MA and Witch Head Sector HW-W C1-7 C 2 -25.60 / -166.83 B cycle 2 MA
    http://i.imgur.com/7FSpZUTl.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/6RL4uNjl.jpg

No further barnacles found, but had a few other interesting things.
    Right nearby that 2nd find , a nice canyon, was expecting maybe another barnacle nearby but instead some Bark Mounds, quite close to that barnacle.
    http://i.imgur.com/Qun7Odrl.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/STXe5pLl.jpg

Big area of them at B 2 -27.32 / -168.06

A couple of other gas vent type fumaroles too later. have coords but not significant. One did glitch the vents for me, and some were way up high in the air. Got a pic of the 'flying cowpat'
    http://i.imgur.com/VP2I4Ckl.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/EMCKreTl.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had been a busy week with the E3 spoilers etc. Been keeping myself busy around the Pleiades for the last week mostly.
    Some interesting developments, didn't go as far as i and many had hoped , but does still all lead onto more to come.

Many things coming together. Many small pieces of the bigger puzzle. No real answers but it does look like theres more in common between many things now.

Flowerships are Thargoids. , they also interact with the barnacles. Unknown what is done, some refuel or resupply or energy and data transfer speculated but Barnacles dont seem the little forgotten about things they used to be.
    Seem rather significant now whatever they are to the Thargoids.
    Unconvinced myself to that wreckage site in E3. Palins data with the Unknown ship signatures from the CG, damaged ships etc. and a beacon they dropped saying its Thargoids!. and thats by whoever is doing the coverup. i wouldn't trust em.

I didnt see them shoot at those ships. Even at the earlier Distress Call 0 in Maia , they were just leaving and same damage visible on ships.

Until i see them fire i will keep an open mind. Every Hyperdiction or Barnacle Harvest event they have only appeared curious and indifferent to our presence , never hostile.

The conspiracy and coverup Palin mensions, and OVERLOOK,, the megaship name at presumed permit locked HIP 22460 crash site.

all the breadcrumbs are leading to a trail.. before the thargoids do get here,, i think we have to break this conspiracy open, find out what has happened with the thargoids over the last 300 years they have been covering up, what they know now and have learned about thargoids.
    or we could just wait till they get here, and hope those feds or empire know what theyre doing covering it up. Where were those Dynasty plan worlds we may have to run to,, or maybe colonia.

2 questions:
    What is the location of those ^^ Bark Mounds?
    Are there any Pumpkin Patches except at Mahon Research Base?

Assistant Cultural Attaché for G 14-6
    Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps - Data Entry Clerk Second Class
    Alliance Office of Statistics - Kitchen Staff Supervisor

-[----->+<]>+.---.++++++++.+[-->+<]>+++.++[->+++<]>.+++++++++.+++.[-->+++++<]>+++.---[->++++<]>.------------.---.--[--->+<]>-.[->++<]>+.[--->+<]>+..---.--------.+++++++++++++.-----------.++.--[--->+<]>.

Originally Posted by W4rSkuLL View Post (Source)
    I think I know what the barnacles are. They are Thargoid babies which are fed by the Motherships. As the humans plunder them and steal the alloys which makes them grow. The Thargoid mamies get angry and declare war on humanity in the galaxy. Barnacles are litteraly thargoid babies.
    As far as I know no one knows what barnacles are, but this theory seems a bit off to me.

Originally Posted by DNA-Decay View Post (Source)
    2 questions:
    What is the location of those ^^ Bark Mounds?
    Witch Head Sector HW-W c1-7 C 2 / Latitude -27.268270 Longitude -168.023758
    Right next to a barnacle: lat -25.6059 long -166.836
    I found none on this planet. That doesn't mean there couldn't be any. I only looked into ravines etc because barnacles are known to hide there. So if Space Pumpkins prefer living somewhere else..

Hi, I've just dropped into the Californian nebula to gain some points with the Alliance and wondered if you could direct me to a list of good things to see? I can get the barnacles from the sheet but I wouldn't want to miss the pumpkins and such.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Ouberos View Post (Source)
    Hi, I've just dropped into the Californian nebula to gain some points with the Alliance and wondered if you could direct me to a list of good things to see? I can get the barnacles from the sheet but I wouldn't want to miss the pumpkins and such.

Thanks.
    You might want to check out CMDR DNA-Decay's thread "Secrets of the Alliance Research Base" for some neat finds in the California Nebula area listed throughout that thread

Q1: That latest barnacle, designated number 212, is on the night side of a tidally locked planet. This is the first one of this kind I've seen and partly screws a theory I developed. Are there more known night-side barnacles?

Q2: Also, I remember being at a barnacle from the spreadsheet that is located at the central mountain of a crater. Does anyone know by chance which one it is?

TIA

Originally Posted by W4rSkuLL View Post (Source)

Theres some relationship between the Barnacles and Thargoids. Barnacles are Genetically engineered Lifeforms.
    Similarities between them too , no evidence they made them yet. They may be just using them but i think they plant them around for a purpose.
    Barnacles dont move so would be no way for them to spread , like RL barnacles. they are transported by other lifeforms from site to site.

They have not been angry or hostile during encounters at a barnacle harvest event. They do whatever they do to a barnacle , and leave.

2 questions:
    So far no others have been found , yet.

I'm quite suspicious though, firstly , Mic Turner base having Bark mounds doesn't fit with regular criteria for them. No volcanism on the planet. All other sites have required volcanism. Seemed a hand placed site next to the Base .
    Then Mahon Research base, had the bark mounds at first, but replaced by the Pumpkin patch. The moon does have volcanism, and seems in the right temp range for bark mounds and barnacles.

Presuming there are other pumpkins and its not a one off alliance experiment, we only have a presumed criteria for them , may or may not require volcanism, similar temp if they are similar to bark mounds. If they require certain locations ? unknown yet.

Searching the moon , didn't find any others , or any barnacles.

Originally Posted by mazelinho View Post (Source)
    Q1: That latest barnacle, designated number 212, is on the night side of a tidally locked planet. This is the first one of this kind I've seen and partly screws a theory I developed. Are there more known night-side barnacles?

Q2: Also, I remember being at a barnacle from the spreadsheet that is located at the central mountain of a crater. Does anyone know by chance which one it is?

TIA
    212 , tidally locked , so will be night forever. unless it has a tilt.

Not the only one though, i do remember several like that, but dont remember which off the top of my head.
    Would have to check through the locations for the tidally locked ones and then compare the longtitudes. probably easiest to visit and check the sites from orbit.
    Where the barnacles get placed can vary a lot from planet to planet. Some are within a small longtitudal area. others only northern or southern hemespheres. and many others can be spread across the planet wherever a viable location is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heading back to the California nebula now once more. A barnacle state to check on , should be B cycle . A few other planets with few barnacles found on, need further scouting. Overall though only 3 systems with barnacles confirmed on.
    Several Alliance bases now in several systems . Barnacles only found in one of those base's systems Mic Turner base.

Others may have bark mounds, and fumarole sites at another base. The reason for other systems still eludes me, and there has to be a reason. Will be looking about those to see if can find anything new also.

I should spend time with the spreadsheet and GalMap myself, but I'm going to ask an expert here instead.
    Any Barnacles outside nebulae?

Any barnacles outside systems with ammonia life Worlds?

And regarding the Alliance bases in California Nebula.
    Here's the list, roughly in order of the journey out there.

http://inara.cz/cmdr-logbook/3414/17018/

My suggestion is to do it all. Go visit Dav's Hope first. Pick up some chemical manipulators. You can also get arsenic from metallic meteorites and mesodites on crater rims on A3 in that same system. Then go to the Alien crash sites to get unknown fragments to unlock Felicity Farseer. Put in a G5 range mod on your FSD. You can also grab a UA from the crash site if you like.
    While you are in the Pleiades region, do missions for Alliance faction Cooper Research. Visit all the systems they are present. Then visit the Feds and Imperial systems in the region. And of course stop in at the new Fed wreck and the Thargoid barnacle experience. With that much running around you'll probably get hyperdicted too.

That should kill a few days and get you in the mindset for California Nebula.
    Take your time out there. Make sure you spend some time at each site. Read the news feeds. Think about the list of commodities. Find all the different things at each site. Like harvest everything from the pumpkin patch. Ask what the telescopes are pointing at. See if you can trigger a Thargoid at a Mic Turner barnacle. And then run passenger missions out of Darwin.

-[----->+<]>+.---.++++++++.+[-->+<]>+++.++[->+++<]>.+++++++++.+++.[-->+++++<]>+++.---[->++++<]>.------------.---.--[--->+<]>-.[->++<]>+.[--->+<]>+..---.--------.+++++++++++++.-----------.++.--[--->+<]>.

Any Barnacles outside nebulae?
    First estimates they were in or just outside nebula. They were found in Pleiades and then later Witch Head and California too.
    After other systems around the Pleiades, either through galnet articles in the earlier days, that increased to around 45-50 lyrs from the nebula, and more recently due to new bases added and other related articles the range from the nebula increased.
    Currently suspecting 100 lyrs or less, which would include the latest system finds and also HIP 22460 , where its presumed unknown trailer was , featuring a barnacle.

Unsure if this will apply to other nebula like California or Witch Head, if the range is dependant on the size of the nebula perhaps, or maybe the Pleiades is a special case. It does have the most known barnacles compared to the other two, but they are less scouted.

I would say proximity to a nebula is required, or at least attracts whatever places/lays the barnacles.

Any barnacles outside systems with ammonia life Worlds?
    Most of them tend to be. Having a Ammonia world in system is quite rare for the barnacle planets, maybe around 3 systems known with ammonia world and barnacles in system. would have to check exact numbers but a reasonable guess.
    A couple may have ammonia based life gas giants, unsure how many,, a few possibly.

Latest barnacle system find by Cmdr Zorbaq got more interesting in the last day.

Not had time to update here since then.
    Pleiades Sector IX-S B4-4 is the system

What i noted last night , 3 barnacles known at the time and didn't get any transaction data , just like the OI-T system, also all finds so far were ripe.
    Thinking this will also be a always ripe all cycles system, and probably may yield a thargoid encounter Was planning on checking today when i got up to see if anything would happen.

Already by lunchtime somebody visiting the new barnacles had already had a visit from the Thargoids, Cmdr Harry Kruth
    This was the first Thargoid harvest encounter outside the OI-T C3-7 system that i know of. ( others have specified they have seen it at many other sites and systems, but still awaiting any evidence on that )

Seems related to the always ripe barnacles, not having a cycle , only 2 systems have that, and both those 2 systems have had the encounter.

4th barnacle was later discovered on A7 with the help from Canonn members searching. Cmdr Plutonic Fever made the A7 find, no easy task considering the planets size.

Will be monitoring these barnacles as the next change cycle approaches this thursday. Get confirmation this system does not cycle just like OI-T

Made some observations while trying to induce an encounter unsuccessfully.
    Noticing the light and effects of a barnacle spike as it explodes. Far brighter and more detailed since 2.3 .

First noticed right away that little smoke ring of green you get when they blow, but wasnt till i took a deeper look at the detail of that explosion. Did a similar thing a while back in 2.1 or 2.2
    Before 2.3 there was some small green spark type expostion in the middle of the spike as it pop'd.
    Now after reviewing it slower, there are 5 frames of a far larger blast. 1st covering the whole spike. then reducing to a glowing green which then dissipates.

Also what appears to be some fluid ejected with each SRV laser hit, like sap,, or blood. It appears green , but testing reveals that is due to SRV laser colour, it takes on the colour of whatever you shoot with.
    Tested with red, blobs are dark red, Green , blobs are deep green.

Either a laser colour affecting whatever the blobs ejected are, or they are reflecting the light around them.
    The largest explosive effect, 1st frame as the spike explodes

Made a slow motion video of the ejected fluid blobs before the spike blows, and as the spike explodes.
    Slow motion sound too, like a SRV with a 1960 B movie laser pistol.

Watch the right hand side of the spike, where the laser fire is hitting. Darker green fluid emissions from the spike,probably need to full screen to see clearly.

Wondered how many barnacles there are ?

The metasheet hold many entries , there are a couple of entries which are duplicates etc, so thought i would have a tally up , at the current time and see what the total number known is.

219 entries - 14 duplicate entries.

Total known barnacle population 205

28 in the California Nebula , in 3 systems

42 in Witch Head Nebula , in 7 systems

135 in Pleiades Nebula , in 8 systems

So am I right in thinking no barnacles have been found on icy worlds/moons?

Also I've spent a few days in the Witch Head nebulae and found squat, although i put that down to not having a clue what I'm really looking for/doing

TL;DR:

NEW THARGOID ENCOUNTER SITE
    Pleiades Sector IX-S B4-4
    A6 A7 B1

In common with existing Barnacle encounter site: "Always Ripe Cycle".
    Barnacles usually have a one ripe - two barren Cycle. A barnacle can belong to one of three cycles. The Thargoid barnacles are always on.

That might have got buried a bit. Also I can't rep PanPiper for this work, can everyone rep him till he bleeds.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast