Thread: Strange visuals in VR Mode. HTC VIVE & Rx480

Strange visuals in VR Mode. HTC VIVE & Rx480

Hello,
    I am getting a strange artifact ONLY when in VR mode.

Again, this does not happen when in normal monitor mode.

I have attached 2 images showing the problem

The first image shows what the monitor is displaying in "Headset Mirror Mode".

The second is showing what Elite Dangerous is showing in windowed mode.

I have a Gigabyte G1 Rx 480 and am using an HTC Vive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

I experience something rather similar with my Nvidia GTX 980.
    Although my artefacts remain on the perimeter of the circular view ports and can rarely be seen.

It's strange, I've been unable to explain it so far.

I too get this on my AMD r9 390. Try dropping to a lower visual setting, VR Low/VR Medium makes them go away for me. Soon as I put it on VR High I get the "rainbow rings"

Interestingly, I do not think I have this experience when I use the non-VR presets.

I set mine to Ultra then run down a few settings to get to the magic 90fps. (The VR presets are a bit shocking performance wise on this game to be completely honest.)

I'll take some screenshots later when the kids are in bed and have a butchers, see if they still appear.

I can confirm on the new Nvidia drivers and with EVGA Precision pushing Kboost constantly, the artefacts have resolved.

Hi there, I found if i turn bloom off it goes away. I am running AMD R9.

Originally Posted by trsixy View Post (Source)
    Hello,
    I am getting a strange artifact ONLY when in VR mode.

Again, this does not happen when in normal monitor mode.

I have attached 2 images showing the problem

The first image shows what the monitor is displaying in "Headset Mirror Mode".

The second is showing what Elite Dangerous is showing in windowed mode.

I have a Gigabyte G1 Rx 480 and am using an HTC Vive.

http://i.imgur.com/taRFiC1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DPcrNlQ.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Thank God! I thought I was losing my mind, and the only one! YES, this happens to me on settings above VR Med. A little worse as I step thru higher settings. VR High, I can tolerate if I move the lens out manually with the knobs on the side.

So is going on here? Does anyone know? I am assuming this is a problem with Elite, as I have tried many other games, room size and not, and never have seen this. I hope this gets fixed, and soon.