Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: HOTAS Support

HOTAS Support

I suspect it's way to early to ask this but will the PS4 version support HOTAS?

Doesn't War Thunder? If so I suspect yes.

I see no reason why the Thrustmaster HotasX 4 shouldn't be supported.

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #4
    I don't have an answer upfront about this, will check around for you on this one!
    - Brett C / bc
    Forum & Community Manager

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #5
    So as it stands, we've not announced any official support for any hotas on the PlayStation 4 platform.
    - Brett C / bc
    Forum & Community Manager

Sony is a more open platform in terms of accessories (for example you can use a button box with Project Cars, you can't on xbox), so I would say this is on the realm of possible
    The Order of Mobius
    Elite Explorer, Tycoon trader, Expert fighter and mellow friend.

Originally Posted by jodrell View Post (Source)
    'generally' hotas support and such on consoles requires console creator to be on board. While games themselves 'can' program direct support it is inefficient at best since they'd need to do it for each and every hotas people want to use.
    CMDR Xon Draken

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    So as it stands, we've not announced any official support for any hotas on the PlayStation 4 platform.
    But doesn't this work out of the box? The Hotas keys and axis are just mapped to the controller. My old TFlight HotasX has even the PS3 labels on the buttons.

Keyword being "official" here guys.

I suspect it will eventually come.
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Again, the only thing to support is the option to map the keys and axis in game. The only "official" thing to support is proving layouts out of the box, which isn't a problem.

PS4 Joystick: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaste...s=ps4+joystick

Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas 4 War Thunder Starter Pack (PS4)
    - - = = Free Commander of the Star Fraction = = - -
    " ...We are designing the bounty system (and others) to discourage PvP and encourage player cooperation." David Braben
    Change Open to PvE Only. There is no good reason why the majority should have to make HUGE private groups to get away from the minority PvPers...

just bookmarking for future reference. If the PS4 supports HOTAS I might jump ship.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams.

Also very interested in this. Stopped playing on PC as I migrated to PS4, and the Hotas support is make or break for me.

Originally Posted by jodrell View Post (Source)
    I don't see this as a problem as the the PS4 has already got the drivers installed already.

If the PS4 supports it now, I don't see any reason why it wont support Elite Dangerous.

Pretty much all features in Elite Dangerous can be assigned to a button on the Controller on Xbox one as well.

Though, the real question is, will PS4 support HOTAS, and I think that is a question that needs to be asked to Sony.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast