Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: CQC needs an overhaul and more love - read: I'm done looking for games for hours

  1. #16
    Something like Horde mode on Gears of War would be cool until enough commanders join in to start the match. I've been sitting an a lobby with 4 other commanders for a while now and am expecting them to start dropping out at any time.
    Hauler | DBX | Type 6 | Cobra Mk IV | Viper Mk IV | Type 6 | Vulture | Asp X | FAS | FGS | Python | Anaconda

  2. #17
    Literally no one is playing CQC. This segment of the game (a.k.a. Arena) should be put into Games With Gold so that some people would download and try it in a compressed time period. That would help.

  3. #18
    Just came out of a match with 6-7 players, and though I was a total noob it was a blast! Thanks PBSF! Will prob be back for more (punishment) next tue if I can.

    Originally Posted by dreampage View Post (Source)
    Literally no one is playing CQC. This segment of the game (a.k.a. Arena) should be put into Games With Gold so that some people would download and try it in a compressed time period. That would help.
    I do agree with the games with gold bit. Would be a great promo drive to get people curious about the main game.
    mostly harmless

    mostly

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by dreampage View Post (Source)
    Literally no one is playing CQC. This segment of the game (a.k.a. Arena) should be put into Games With Gold so that some people would download and try it in a compressed time period. That would help.
    It's been recommended before that Arena should just be free, but we would really need more game modes to attract people for any period of time.

    XBL GT: CMDR Ezren

  5. #20
    they should add bots

  6. #21
    Originally Posted by dreampage View Post (Source)
    Literally no one is playing CQC. This segment of the game (a.k.a. Arena) should be put into Games With Gold so that some people would download and try it in a compressed time period. That would help.
    Played a solid two and a half hours of it tonight. http://twitch.tv/pixelbandits captured a fair whack, though my ethernet cable kept playing up. Had some great matches with great people

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by mung0 View Post (Source)
    Just came out of a match with 6-7 players, and though I was a total noob it was a blast! Thanks PBSF! Will prob be back for more (punishment) next tue if I can.


    And no worries Mung0, that's why we created it. I know it can be tough for new starters with the OP higher rank folks in there, but we had a fair amount of new blood tonight, and hopefully that continues.


    For more infomration on the PBSF clan as a whole, or to join our growing organization, head to http://pixelbandits.org/joinus

  7. #22
    That was fun, saw some Forumites and some Discord folks (yeah, I saw you killing me, tornados!), as well as some unfamiliar faces. Good times, see you next Tuesday...but not, well, you know what I mean...
    East India Company, XBOX One Division



  8. #23
    Would also recommend those interested in CQC join the XBOX group Elite Dangeroous CQC. Some top notch folks in there and you wanna test your abilities them be the guys

  9. This is the last staff post in this thread. #24
    Originally Posted by PixelBandits View Post (Source)
    Played a solid two and a half hours of it tonight. http://twitch.tv/pixelbandits captured a fair whack, though my ethernet cable kept playing up. Had some great matches with great people.
    Yeah, it was great fun - never managed to win a match, but did get second place once which felt like a victory after being Cannon Fodder for an hour or so.

  10. #25
    Originally Posted by Gary Richards View Post (Source)
    Yeah, it was great fun - never managed to win a match, but did get second place once which felt like a victory after being Cannon Fodder for an hour or so.
    If you managed to get second place with Dark Polo in the room... consider it a win. I always do


    For more infomration on the PBSF clan as a whole, or to join our growing organization, head to http://pixelbandits.org/joinus

  11. #26
    As a PC player and one time CQC obsessive (while stuck out at Beagle Point) who reached Champion last August and prestige once, I too would love to see a CQC revamp and enhancement.

    On top of improved connectivity and lobby, what is really needed is more incentives to bring in more players, so that the matchmaking system is spoilt for choice. With so few players at the moment, the experience is patchy and often unbalanced, but when it does fall into place during peak hours (usually 1900-0000 IGT) it is amazing. In other words, the plumbing, while imperfect, does work if there's enough water supply. Right now there are too many air locks.

    Potential incentives? Maybe a big boost in credit earnings with prestige, exclusive main game rewards including unique components, exclusive crafting materials, exclusive synthesis recipes, engineers found only in CD-43 11917, in game jumping-in points for the arena including rebuy costs and even betting on matches...

    IMGUR - YOUTUBE - TWITTER - FACEBOOK - #KeepGoingZR

  12. #27
    If I could add one feature to improve CQC, it would be a 'ready up' button in the lobby so that if just 1 or 2 players arrive, the match can start immediately - if we have pressed the 'ready up' button. COD and other FPS games have this.

    The number of times I have been stuck in the lobby with just 1 other player, unable to start....*claps hoof over bovine brow*
    Moo!

  13. #28
    Originally Posted by UnhappyDev View Post (Source)
    If I could add one feature to improve CQC, it would be a 'ready up' button in the lobby so that if just 1 or 2 players arrive, the match can start immediately - if we have pressed the 'ready up' button. COD and other FPS games have this.

    The number of times I have been stuck in the lobby with just 1 other player, unable to start....*claps hoof over bovine brow*
    If bots filled the empty spaces but quietly exited as more players joined in, I'm certain the whole cqc thing would flourish. Instead of surviving only courtesy of weekly cpr from a player group's dedication.
    mostly harmless

    mostly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12