Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 286

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Vindicator Jones Discusses Fundamental Game Improvements

  1. #136
    [QUOTE=Cosmos;4995192]Well there is some merit in what was spoken about in the video, although its been suggested many times before, however the rant is full of derp and false assumptions..

    Here are a few:

    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    'no reason' - usual trite rubbish, everytime I shoot at another player I have my reasons.
    Murdering someone just for sharing the same space as you is not a reason. I dont care how you justify it.

    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    'getting good is not an option' - for the love of god go watch rinzlers latest video.
    A newbie commander with less than 100 hours of gameplay time getting melted in under 5 seconds by a combat FDL gives very little room to get good.

    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    'not condusive to good gameplay' - so VJ what in your expert opinion is 'good gameplay'?
    Good gameplay is where everyone, regardless of skill level can participate without being forced to play your way, but still allows players to do murder and cause mayhem, but with the associated risks and consequences for doing so.

    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    'pvp player groups think open belongs to them' - no, they don't.
    Oh yes they do.. lol.. not all just a few.

    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    'you must play solo or pg' - omg what drivel is this?
    Because that is what griefers like to spout.. if you dont want to play by our rules in open, go to solo or private groups.

    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    'pvp player groups should not have a monopoly on how Open works' - we don't
    Telling commanders that they have to accept being your content in open, and then blowing them up for nothing is having a monopoly..

    It boils down to this...

    Crime and Punishment is there to give a challenge to those who like to just seal club for no reason. If you have a problem with being challenged for behaving in such a manor suggests a lot about your playstyle.

    You say to traders to git good and harden up, well maybe its about time people who seal club need to harden up and accept the consequences of their actions with a functioning crime and punishment system.

  2. #137
    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    Part II as promised..

    ....

    'Open should be a social zone...' well it is, but you appear to want to control what people can do, according to your own ideology.. Sounds like fascism to me.

    ...
    You should chill a bit. Look a bit at Viper Mk III - it helps me in times of sillyness.

  3. #138
    Originally Posted by Whitehair View Post (Source)
    Cosmos "of course" has all the inside info to be able to make that statement.
    What was the last post he made?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by Navigare Necesse Est View Post (Source)
    You should chill a bit. Look a bit at Viper Mk III - it helps me in times of sillyness.
    I'm fine but thanks for asking

    - - - Updated - - -

    [QUOTE=vindicator jones;4995302]
    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    Well there is some merit in what was spoken about in the video, although its been suggested many times before, however the rant is full of derp and false assumptions..

    Here are a few:



    Murdering someone just for sharing the same space as you is not a reason. I dont care how you justify it.



    A newbie commander with less than 100 hours of gameplay time getting melted in under 5 seconds by a combat FDL gives very little room to get good.



    Good gameplay is where everyone, regardless of skill level can participate without being forced to play your way, but still allows players to do murder and cause mayhem, but with the associated risks and consequences for doing so.



    Oh yes they do.. lol.. not all just a few.



    Because that is what griefers like to spout.. if you dont want to play by our rules in open, go to solo or private groups.



    Telling commanders that they have to accept being your content in open, and then blowing them up for nothing is having a monopoly..

    It boils down to this...

    Crime and Punishment is there to give a challenge to those who like to just seal club for no reason. If you have a problem with being challenged for behaving in such a manor suggests a lot about your playstyle.

    You say to traders to git good and harden up, well maybe its about time people who seal club need to harden up and accept the consequences of their actions with a functioning crime and punishment system.
    I've obviously hit a raw nerve here. If you are going to make videos to promote your views, hiding behind passive aggressive language, then be prepared to be challenged.

    btw.. did you ever read the bit where we play in a cutthroat galaxy, set against a backdrop of raw anarchy and powerplays (Frontiers words, not mine) ??

  4. #139
    Originally Posted by Whitehair View Post (Source)
    Evidence for connecting a video post that is still on the forum with a forum ban?

    ZERO.

    Hyperbole? Yes in spades.

    Cosmos "of course" has all the inside info to be able to make that statement.
    He confirmed on discord that he was banned for posting the video... it's offensive apparently (despite it being hugely informative and helpful to newbs).

    Edit: Interestingly enough, I'm sure he posted similar videos in the past without any issue... Is it the swearing that's the problem, or the topic? My bet is the latter...

  5. #140
    [QUOTE=Cosmos;4995315]What was the last post he made?


    Originally Posted by vindicator jones View Post (Source)

    I've obviously hit a raw nerve here. If you are going to make videos to promote your views, hiding behind passive aggressive language, then be prepared to be challenged.

    btw.. did you ever read the bit where we play in a cutthroat galaxy, set against a backdrop of raw anarchy and powerplays (Frontiers words, not mine) ??
    LOL, your gonna have to do a lot better than that to even coming close to hitting a nerve.. The day I care what someone like you has to say is the day I stop playing the game.. I love all the hate, it just spurs me to keep making more content!

    You claim this is a cutthroat galaxy, and sure in anarchy space (like it says in your quote) and low security, this is exactly how it should be, High security should not be cutthroat. Just because you THINK it should be, dosent make it so. If everywhere was anarchy space, then I would agree with you.

    The fact remains, if you cant handle having a system in place where you are now challenged for roleplaying a terrorist, and have to suffer the consequences of it, then maybe its better if you head to solo or play private group.

    Im sorry if your offended by my passive aggressiveness, but I just find the whole thing hilarious, and seeing the griefers get all salty is just making my day even more special.

    I find it so deliciously ironic when griefers talk about getting gud to handle the dangers of open, but they dont want to handle the dangers of a crime and punishment system..

    Challenge me.. go ahead, im loving it

  6. This is the last staff post in this thread. #141
    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    Notice he got banned for posting that.. And I'll likely get banned for pointing out what he got banned for. You see how this works?
    He was temporarily suspended for the video containing copious amounts of swearing.

    As per the forum rules.
    Do not evade the swear / profanity filter.
    This is a family friendly forum; we would appreciate against the usage of purposeful swear filter evasion or masked swearing.
    If his video didn't have swearing like a sailor... it'd be perfectly fine for these forums.

  7. #142
    Originally Posted by vindicator jones View Post (Source)
    Because that is what griefers like to spout.. if you dont want to play by our rules in open, go to solo or private groups.
    Here you go again with using pejorative terms.. 'what griefers like to spout' - I presume you are indirectly calling me a 'griefer'.


    Originally Posted by vindicator jones View Post (Source)

    Telling commanders that they have to accept being your content in open, and then blowing them up for nothing is having a monopoly..
    Utter garbage.. I've never told anyone they need to be my content. I am however playing a multiplayer game and so we are all part of the game.

    Originally Posted by vindicator jones View Post (Source)
    It boils down to this...
    Here we go again, the world according you VJ..

    Originally Posted by vindicator jones View Post (Source)
    Crime and Punishment is there to give a challenge to those who like to just seal club for no reason. If you have a problem with being challenged for behaving in such a manor suggests a lot about your playstyle.
    I'm quite happy to see a more meaningful c&p system, and you have absolutely no idea how I play the game.. Again, more personal vitriol..

    Originally Posted by vindicator jones View Post (Source)
    You say to traders to git good and harden up, well maybe its about time people who seal club need to harden up and accept the consequences of their actions with a functioning crime and punishment system.
    For the record I think its fair to say that a lot of people crying a river over the game would do well to look to improve and learn how to play. Lots of guides out there now, Rinzlers recent one offered a good demonstration..

    That said, I don't condone pwning noobs in Eravate. And I don't do it.

    But hey, 400 billion star systems, 70k in the bubble and apparently we can't move for these griefers... Utter tosh.

  8. #143
    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    He was temporarily suspended for the video containing copious amounts of swearing.

    As per the forum rules.


    If his video didn't have swearing like a sailor... it'd be perfectly fine for these forums.
    As a sailor, resemble that remark.

  9. #144
    Originally Posted by Whitehair View Post (Source)
    Evidence for connecting a video post that is still on the forum with a forum ban?

    ZERO.

    Hyperbole? Yes in spades.

    Cosmos "of course" has all the inside info to be able to make that statement.
    Original thread has disappeared. And he's banned.

    What do you think, applying Occam's razor...

  10. #145
    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    Part II as promised..

    'right now its the kiddies with the biggest guns..' - worth point out again that how is this different to calling people carebears? Oh yeah, what you mean is that you are free to use pejorative terms but anyone who has a different view point is not. Right..

    'Open should be a social zone...' well it is, but you appear to want to control what people can do, according to your own ideology.. Sounds like fascism to me.

    'everyone should have the choice of engaging in the favourite activity whilst minimising their exposure'... They ALREADY DO.. solo and PG.. God give me strength.

    'there has to be a balance that benefits all players' - This reminds me of listening to a Feminist.. Are you sure you want equality? Because if you PvE'rs really want that you are going to have to forgo your present priviledge.

    'non consentual'... Call me old skool but when I use the word consent, and its rare, its usually to defend myself against false accusations where 'consent' was in question, usually when I am falsely accussed of (never actually happened btw). You really think this sort of language is applicable to the game? Hmm..

    'Its a tough nut to crack' - hahaha, depends on the nut we are speaking about but nice word bro.. This whole quagmire is a bit nutty imo.

    I heard the 'no reason' again.. okay, I need another break..
    Sorry, but the way you've tried making points undermines yourself IMHO.

    ie: Rather than trying to address points with actual reasoning, you've simply levelled sarcasm and emotion. That's not a good (logical) approach.


    I want more PvP in the game... But at the same time, what currently predominantly passes for PvP in the game is counter productive and almost an embarrassment to ED IMHO. Because the game offers next to no PvP gameplay/content, CMDRs interested in it literally are having to scrape the bottom of the barrel to partake in it, which all too often means just interdicting and attacking anyone/everyone they can. This is mostly just a sad reflection on the state of the gameplay in ED in truth. You really can't sign up within the game with fellow CMDRs to undertake anything more interesting/productive/meaningful, knowing that you'll be fighting other CMDRs doing it? After two years the game still can't facilitate that?

    In short, the game needs to offer more constructive/orchestrated (generally legal) PvP, and also penalise the mindless/pointless destruction. This no doubt would upset some CMDRs, but I suspect these would be the minority who just get enjoyment out of unchallenging seal clubbing and the grief they assume it causes other CMDRs.

    ps: By PvP I of course mean attacking other players, quite possibly destroying them,

  11. #146
    [QUOTE=vindicator jones;4995373]
    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    What was the last post he made?

    LOL, your gonna have to do a lot better than that to even coming close to hitting a nerve.. The day I care what someone like you has to say is the day I stop playing the game.. I love all the hate, it just spurs me to keep making more content!
    wow dude.. 'someone like me'? Please elaborate.. Really interested to hear what you think, don't worry I have a thick skin, tell me what you really think of me.

    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    He was temporarily suspended for the video containing copious amounts of swearing.

    As per the forum rules.


    If his video didn't have swearing like a sailor... it'd be perfectly fine for these forums.
    Yeah I get it, I'm sadly all too familiar with your moderation policies.. lol

  12. #147
    Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post (Source)
    Here you go again with using pejorative terms.. 'what griefers like to spout' - I presume you are indirectly calling me a 'griefer'.




    Utter garbage.. I've never told anyone they need to be my content. I am however playing a multiplayer game and so we are all part of the game.



    Here we go again, the world according you VJ..



    I'm quite happy to see a more meaningful c&p system, and you have absolutely no idea how I play the game.. Again, more personal vitriol..



    For the record I think its fair to say that a lot of people crying a river over the game would do well to look to improve and learn how to play. Lots of guides out there now, Rinzlers recent one offered a good demonstration..

    That said, I don't condone pwning noobs in Eravate. And I don't do it.

    But hey, 400 billion star systems, 70k in the bubble and apparently we can't move for these griefers... Utter tosh.

    You will see that I have never once called you directly a griefer, I am saying that griefers usually say the same thing, cause they do.. As the rest, if your offended with how I word things, well, bad luck really, dont watch my videos. lol

    All I have been saying is that there needs to be a better crime and punishment system, and now it seems you agree with me, thats great! glad your finally on board!

  13. #148
    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    He was temporarily suspended for the video containing copious amounts of swearing.

    As per the forum rules.


    If his video didn't have swearing like a sailor... it'd be perfectly fine for these forums.
    Indeed, however forum users who don't like the argument that is being presented tend to hit the report button for agenda-driven reasons, rather than they were offended by a few swears.

    I understand that you have to enforce the forum-rules in a consistent manner, but it just feels this was targeted (by other forum users) because of who the OP represents and the subject matter discussed.

  14. #149
    Originally Posted by vindicator jones View Post (Source)
    You will see that I have never once called you directly a griefer, I am saying that griefers usually say the same thing, cause they do.. As the rest, if your offended with how I word things, well, bad luck really, dont watch my videos. lol
    Its precisely this sort of passive aggressive commentary that creates conflict. I'm not offended for the record.. But don't watch your videos?.. I saw what you did there.. You are in fact telling me not to comment on your public commentary over the game when it affects the game I am playing.

    You dont get to tell me what I can and cannot discuss, period.

    Originally Posted by vindicator jones View Post (Source)
    All I have been saying is that there needs to be a better crime and punishment system, and now it seems you agree with me, thats great! glad your finally on board!
    And you have the cheek to label players as 'kiddies'.. You could have actually made all the merit worthy points over the game without the veiled insults to everyone else.

    Scratch a lie, reveal the truth.. It didn't take long nor much effort.

  15. #150
    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    He was temporarily suspended for the video containing copious amounts of swearing.

    As per the forum rules.


    If his video didn't have swearing like a sailor... it'd be perfectly fine for these forums.
    A family friendly forum that deals with drugs and murder. Never understood that duality, but there you go

    Edit: reminds me of watching Repoman on BBC2 some years ago. They bleeped out that well known word regarding fortification and then in the next scene showed a guy shooting up.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast