Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mission failed immediately after accepting

Colonia, Malik Station 5 straight fails, accept mission - incoming message (no message, icon showing a number), insta fail in transactions panel, sell at Black Market. Eminently repeatable.

I've the same problem,

After accepting the mission, i get contacted by hidden contact, at the same time it failed.

ADITI too.

Cargo Hauling Missions back to the Bubbel failed immediatly. I take 5 or 6 Missions and all failed at no time.

Shinrarta Dezhra, Jameson Memorial. haulage mission for 180t of whatever.
    went to the map to plot my route, no marker.
    look in the inventory, no cargo.
    check the mission tab, a 'failed' entry with no text is there.
    i discard the mission (obviously) and the Discard screen also has no text.
    try to take another mission, can't - the cargo has suddenly materialised and is now Stolen.

Name:  EliteDangerous64 2017-02-14 20-06-53-66.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  221.5 KB

Name:  EliteDangerous64 2017-02-14 20-06-56-82.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  194.8 KB

I've also had this happen a few times, not much though. I thought it might be due to someone else taking the same mission at the same time? I'm playing solo play but from what I understand the surlying mechanics are still shared online between all players.

Originally Posted by Smykes View Post (Source)
    This has just happened to me.
    I logged in first time today about 10 mins ago, took 3 missions from board, 2 data delivery and a deliver-72units-of-grain..
    one data and the grain delivery both failed the instant I accepted them.. the grain is now marked as stolen in my cargo bay.

Time for a bug report methinks.
    Originally Posted by Support-Vanguard View Post (Source)
    That's super weird. If this happens again can you grab as many screenshots as possible and a timestamp of when this happened (using in-game time if you can) and let our bug-hunters know? I'm sure they'd love to look into this for you
    Originally Posted by Rawny View Post (Source)
    This has been happening to me as well and as per the above I captured it.

Though it isn't in the recorded video, as far as I can tell, each time the mission "auto-fails" I receive a message (4th TAB when pressing #2). The messages has not text but it does have an icon with an exclamation point in it. When you open it There is a skull in the top left and the words "HIDDEN CONTACT" in the center.

https://youtu.be/s08biKGWem8

Thank you for your time,
    R
    This exact situation has been happening to me for the past three days...millions of credits lost

Happening to me at Cleve Hub in Eravate system. Failed all the missions I tried to take from Adele's Armada faction, and a couple other factions as well.

Anybody know what's going on with this yet?

I've had the odd insta-fail mission in the past and it's been an "irritation" which has left me with fines and stolen cargo to flog (cos I can't bring myself to dump it) but it seems to be getting pretty common now.

Dunno if it's related but, for me, it seems to mostly happen when I'm taking on more than one or two missions at the same time, which is kind of annoying when I'm trying to be economical by hauling several cargos to the same area.

And, to cap it all off, I just had a Federal Navy promotion mission insta-fail, which really hacked me off 'cos I've been looking for one for weeks.

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    Anybody know what's going on with this yet?

I've had the odd insta-fail mission in the past and it's been an "irritation" which has left me with fines and stolen cargo to flog (cos I can't bring myself to dump it) but it seems to be getting pretty common now.

Dunno if it's related but, for me, it seems to mostly happen when I'm taking on more than one or two missions at the same time, which is kind of annoying when I'm trying to be economical by hauling several cargos to the same area.

And, to cap it all off, I just had a Federal Navy promotion mission insta-fail, which really hacked me off 'cos I've been looking for one for weeks.
    I don't think FDev has responded, not even to say "We're aware of this issue and are investigating."

As I stated in my previous post above, find a Black Market to sell the stolen cargo to and it likely will cover any fines for failed missions.
    "Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't." - Mark Twain

This happened to me last night. Single mission around the old worlds area (can't remember the exact place - due to beer)
    No fine incurred but I ended up with a hold full of stolen cargo - hopefully it didn't impact my alliance rep.

has happened to me at 1130am this moring 18th Feb. Happens mainly with 'data delivery' missions if that helps. Tried board flipping, and re-starting the game but persists

This started happening to me yesterday. Today, from an empty mission log, I had it happen twice in a row at Cleve Hub, within ten minutes of posting this.

- - - Updated - - -

And again for a third time when I logged back in. Is now perma-screwed?

Same thing, Aditi system, accept a mission, and it just fails. With the empty "HIDDEN CONTACT" message.

Seems to only occur in open with me. In open, there are maybe 7-10 other CMDRs here at Millerport in Quince.

15. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #105
    Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, we don't really have any major news regarding this issue, but please rest assured that we are aware of this problem, and we're working diligently to try and get this sorted as soon as possible. It's just taking a bit longer than we originally thought.

In the meantime, like Cmdr Kosmos said earlier in the thread, if you have any new information on this issue, please update the bug thread: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...epting-mission

- Cmdr Unha, Support Wing
    Frontier Customer Support Team

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast