Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mission failed immediately after accepting

Mission failed immediately after accepting

Hi all,
    Is there any reason why a mission would fail immediately after accepting them. Just accepted, 1 after the other, 3 trade missions but as soon as I go to the transactions tab it says I've failed them, am I doing something wrong here?

Update.
    When the mission fails I go over to my cargo it all says stolen?

This has just happened to me.
    I logged in first time today about 10 mins ago, took 3 missions from board, 2 data delivery and a deliver-72units-of-grain..
    one data and the grain delivery both failed the instant I accepted them.. the grain is now marked as stolen in my cargo bay.

Time for a bug report methinks.
    AMD FX-8350@4.5GHz..Asus Sabertooth 990fx R2..16GB corsair 1600ddr3(@1762MHz) CAS 9..Crucial CT500BX 500GB SSD..SB X-Fi fatality + I/O front panel..EVGA GTX970 hybrid liquid cooled..win7-64pro.

Yeah luckily I didn't accept transport gold mission. Just sticking to trading commodities for now.

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #5
    That's super weird. If this happens again can you grab as many screenshots as possible and a timestamp of when this happened (using in-game time if you can) and let our bug-hunters know? I'm sure they'd love to look into this for you
    Frontier Customer Support Team

This has been happening to me as well and as per the above I captured it.

Though it isn't in the recorded video, as far as I can tell, each time the mission "auto-fails" I receive a message (4th TAB when pressing #2). The messages has not text but it does have an icon with an exclamation point in it. When you open it There is a skull in the top left and the words "HIDDEN CONTACT" in the center.

Thank you for your time,
    R

I've been having failures like this the past couple days as well.

Originally Posted by Rawny View Post (Source)
    This has been happening to me as well and as per the above I captured it.

Though it isn't in the recorded video, as far as I can tell, each time the mission "auto-fails" I receive a message (4th TAB when pressing #2). The messages has not text but it does have an icon with an exclamation point in it. When you open it There is a skull in the top left and the words "HIDDEN CONTACT" in the center.

https://youtu.be/s08biKGWem8

Thank you for your time,
    R

This is happening constantly to me today.

Has happened well over a dozen times and i have only been playing for about an hour. The mission fails immediately upon accepting it.

Not sure what is causing it but it never happened pre-patch.

Originally Posted by ALien8ed View Post (Source)
    This is happening constantly to me today.

Has happened well over a dozen times and i have only been playing for about an hour. The mission fails immediately upon accepting it.

Not sure what is causing it but it never happened pre-patch.
    Same thing here. I'm playing on an XBox One. It started for me the morning after the new patch was released.

It's happened only on Mission Board missions, no passenger missions:
    > Data courier missions,
    > Monetary contribution missions, and
    > a valuable cargo mission (Paladium).

At one point, I had 5 failures in succession for data courier missions. I broke the failures on the 6th mission by opening the Galaxy Map, then accepting the mission. But the 7th mission failed.

Customer Support asked for screenshots. They won't help. There is nothing to show. Your ship's female voice announces, "Mission Failed". That's it.

Looking at my mission console, it always shows the mission failed and I have to abandon it, and confirm the abandonment.

On the one cargo mission that failed (Palladium), the cargo was marked "stolen". I couldn't sell it so I dumped it, about $600,000 credits worth. I did not want to be transporting a cargo marked "Illicit Cargo".

----------------

This is off subject for this post but there is a new problem with the Passenger missions. Passengers who change their destinations:
    > cannot be refused. I can only abandon the mission or take them to their new destination, which is really unfair to pilots. I'm not running a space taxi service. I contract for delivery within a specific time and at a specific place for a fee. Changes should be negotiable, which means the pilot has the right of refusal. The passengers should not have a say about where a pilot has to take his/her ship to be paid after the mission is accepted.
    > do not pay the base mission price plus the bonus as the incoming message states. The additional fare is always listed as a "bonus". All these missions pay is the "bonus"; the base mission price is deducted from the total fare. Invariably, the "bonus" is less than the base mission price.

I've had this happen to me right now as well, oddly enough at the exact same place Rawnys video was taken. The data delivery missions work fine (so far), but any cargo mission I accepted immediatly fails and the cargo appears in my ship marked as stolen.

This was today, about 6.30am ingame time, CMDR Melana Emmagan.

Happens to me too. Hip 10716 .. only in OpenPlay Mode.
    "Mission Fails" x times directly after accpeting the Mission.
    Very annoying as I m trying to grind my rep.

Everything is fine in solo and in private groups ... strange thing...

Same trouble here too, on Hip 10716. After failed transport mission i just emtpy stolen marked items.

Yeh recently starting happening here.. first affected was a skimmer mission @ Dalton in LHS 3447. Can't really accept any more missions now at risk of losing rep. Similar thread here
    --==+==--

Happened to me at Sothis accepting data transfer missions. Annoying thing is you are also being crimed for failing, albeit without any monetary penalty. Kept re-logging in for the last 30 minutes and problem continues.

System: WU GUINAGI, Station: BODE HUB

I have 19 missions stacked, i accepted spending money mission (20th), failed.
    Was playing private group.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast