I thought that I should take some time to talk about a recent project I have been building. This project is still a work in progress, but it is much like EDDI and Voice Attack, but instead of all voice interaction being on your computer, it uses Amazon's Alexa to handle all of the ship commands. This project also just won 1st place in a Amazon API Mashup Contest hosted by Amazon on Hackster.io (link to my project page is here)
Here are some current features:
- Send commands to your ship (Ex. Raise landing gear)
- EDSM integration to give you information on any star system, even the one you are currently in.
- Able to read your most recent received message.
- Utilizes Alexa's built in voice recognition so your commands are properly received.
Here are some planned features:
- Ability to know if a ship function is currently active.
- Ability to send you cards through your Alexa companion app to give information as text as well as speech.
- Integration with dynamic lighting.
- Improve the flow. (Ex. No reprompt from Alexa)
- And much more!
I am a 16 year old high school student with great interest in this type of integration and would love to bring it to you guys as soon as possible. The project page is located here. Please read through the whole page, because there are two installation methods; simple does not require coding and advanced does.
CMDR Austin Mathuw
Here is a video of it running: