Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec's best of the forum (and elsewhere) thread

Added thread listing Sandro Sammarco's Karma comments from "Deliberate Ramming" threadnought to "Trending". Wouldn't normally plug these kind of debates ('cos they're endless and ten a penny) but there's a lot of interesting input from Sandy buried in there.

(click race banner for details)

Added "New Comer" thread to trending (which contains some amusing stories of commanders rookie mistakes).

@Alec, I don't know if it is in the focus of this thread.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...EDRouteManager
    CMDR Alistair Hope, #440 Commander of the Distant Worlds expedition.

Originally Posted by AlistairHope View Post (Source)
    @Alec, I don't know if it is in the focus of this thread.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...EDRouteManager
    Yup - like it. Added to "Other 3rd party sites and tools", am I'm describing it right? (a multi-stage route plotter).

- - - Updated - - -

Also - added Obsdian Ant's "Alien Story Part 3" to science and mystery.

Take a look at CMDR Zoy's Rare Goods Emporium

In particular, he is extracting and listing the rare goods where the selling faction is in Boom. I've tested it and it makes a huge difference to rare goods trading. It will also be a huge help to players unlocking various engineers.
    WANTED CRIMINAL Limoncello Lizard
    CAPITAL CRIMES Loitering, Onion Head Smuggling, Overdue Library Book
    CRIMINAL ASSOCIATES Borasetani Syndicate, Brotherhood of Terra Matter, Chapter of Isinor, Conservatives of Tiliala, Crom Silver Boys, Defence Party of Nastrond, Dukes of Jotun, Gilya Law Party, HIP 118311 Posse, Hodack Prison, LTT 198 Order, Luyten 347-14 Prison, Peregrina Aristocrats, Pi Mensae Brotherhood, Sacra Oculus, Sirius Corp, Sublime Order of Van Maanen's Star

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Yup - like it. Added to "Other 3rd party sites and tools", am I'm describing it right? (a multi-stage route plotter).

- - - Updated - - -

Also - added Obsdian Ant's "Alien Story Part 3" to science and mystery.
    Have you got the link to the new Rares website that was put up a couple of days back - looked pretty good so might be worth a mention here. Don't have the link to hand but will try to find it if you don't have already.

Originally Posted by Javert View Post (Source)
    Have you got the link to the new Rares website that was put up a couple of days back - looked pretty good so might be worth a mention here. Don't have the link to hand but will try to find it if you don't have already.
    Do you mean the one in the post below or something else? Not aware of a new rares website personally, sounds interesting.

Do you mean the one in the post below or something else? Not aware of a new rares website personally, sounds interesting.
    Yes that's the one I was ninja'd - must have had the window open for a while before replying

Crikey ... that's bloomin' marvellous, added to "Useful reference lists / Rare goods".

Also added a link to new GameOn Elite Dangerous community magazine in "Misc' other useful and/or interesting links".

Added a nicely written pro-open-mode thread to Trending.

Added a link to Pete Wotherspoon's Galnet News feed to the "Youtube channels and podcasts" section.

Added new Candyball SRV rally to "Trending" section (yeah yeah, OK, so I'm biased towards races 'n' stuff like that - it does say "Alec's" in the title - ).

Added new Candyball SRV rally to "Trending" section (yeah yeah, OK, so I'm biased towards races 'n' stuff like that - it does say "Alec's" in the title - ).
    You've shared so many interesting and useful links here I'm not bothered at all by the rare self promotion or slight bias.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams.

Wow. This is a great central place to easily find and research by topic! Thanks for the work! So much to learn as a newcomer with all the things to do. Easier for veterans to point out tools and strategies to help prevent pilots from going brain dead from trying to ingest so much at once!

I created an online tool to calculate how much payout you'll get from scanning a body. Select the star or planet type, enter it's mass and whether it's terraformable, and it generates a payout value based on formulae derived by MattG here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...value-formulae

The tool can be found here: http://www.rzxarchive.co.uk/edcalcs.html . I thought it may be a useful addition to the "Tools" section.

Cheers.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast