Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #157

Newsletter #157

Update 2.2.03 available now

NEWSLETTER #157

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

Update 2.2.03 is here. With it comes fine tuning to many key features as we continue our commitment to continuously improve the Elite Dangerous experience. Also out this week are brand new ship kits for you take customizing your beloved craft to the next level.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

UPDATE 2.2.03 AVAILABLE NOW

A new update has arrived. With it comes improvements to several features in Elite Dangerous including:

• New DTS Headphone X Functionality, giving you an authentic 3D experience even when wearing regular headphones.

• Engineers no longer require commodities to fulfill their recipe requirements.

• Updates and balance change to NPC behaviour and Weaponry, improving combat experience.

Find the full patch notes over in the dedicated forum post. Enjoy the new update, we'll see you out in the cosmos, Commander.

READ THE FULL PATCH NOTES

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

CQC WITH DEVELOPERS

Ed and Senior Producer Ant Ross teamed up to take on the masses in CQC this week, all whilst answering some of your burning questions.

See how they got on over on our YouTube channel, and make sure you tune in next week for a chance to win some awesome Paint Jobs.

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

GET KITTED OUT

A fresh paint job is just the start. Now you can add your personal style with custom ship kits. Each kit contains several components for you to mix and match for your perfect vessel. Ship kits are now available for the Anaconda, Python and Viper MKIV. Make sure to show us your perfect combinations.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

THE GREAT REMLOK EXPEDITION

Feel like an adventure?

Remlok Industries are launching their latest expedition on January 14th from 10.30pm CEST/GMT+1. Starting in the Tellus system, a journey across the cosmos filled with beautiful sights will ensue.

For full details, head on over to the dedicated article on Remlok Industries' site.

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

SUPERPOWERS RESPOND TO STRANGE SIGHTINGS

Follo
    wing reports of mysterious spacecraft in human-inhabited space, the leaders of the galaxy’s three superpowers have released official statements. All three leaders exhibited caution, refusing to categorically state that the ships were of non-human origin.

ENGINEERS REDUCE REQUIREMENTS

The galaxy’s independent engineers have announced a joint accord designed to make enhancements for civilian spacecraft more affordable. As a consequence, independent engineers will no longer require commodities in order to upgrade modules and weapons – only materials will be needed.

CONFLICT IN PARUN

Laksmii Jet Power Industries has devised a plot to smuggle restricted hardware into Underwood Port in Parun, which Imperial agents intend to use to conduct guerrilla attacks against the Independents of Parun, the system’s controlling faction. The Independents of Parun has placed bounties on all Laksmii Jet Power Industries ships operating in Parun in the hope of thwarting the operation.

APPEAL FOR MATERIALS CONCLUDES

A spokesperson for Balones Gold Touch Systems has announced that its appeal for materials has been enthusiastically received by the galactic community, resulting in a massive influx of deliveries to Tiedemann Dock, the organisation’s base of operations.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

CONFLICT IN PARUN
    Imperial Pilots

Underwood Port, Parun

Earn rewards by delivering Personal Weapons, Explosives and Reactive Armour to Underwood Port in the Parun system.

CONFLICT IN PARUN
    Federal Pilots

Underwood Port, Parun

Earn rewards by handing in Bounty Vouchers at Underwood Port in the Parun system.

COLONIA MIGRATION APPEAL

Jaques Station, Colonia

Earn your faction a place in the Colonia region by transporting Galactic Travel Guides from Bluford Orbital in the LHS 3447 system to Jaques Station in the Colonia system.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

KEEP YOUR ENEMIES CLOSE...

Is this the ultimate hiding place? Quite possibly.

SEARCH OUT THE STARS

Kervis over on /r/EliteDangerous found a rather neat star system.

GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME

GuitarsAndGuns goes for maximum immersion with this awesome setup.

DO YOUR RESEARCH

Researchers from the community group "Prismatic Imperium" have been hard at work studying any information surrounding the non-terrestrial lifeforms that have reportedly sighted in recent weeks.

You can find a collection of their research here, an interesting read...

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frontier about Elite Dangerous, you can unsubscribe

Enjoyed this email? Why not forward to a friend

Frontier

Copyright © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England,  CB4 0WG, UK

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    Ohhhh nice evening reading.

Woot! Made it into the newsletter!

Always a pleasure to read the newsletter. Although I have not yet received it in my mailbox

same problem have not gotten the newsletter yet.

But I found a way around it.
    Newsletter #157

Didn't get it either, found a link on reddit :-/

I'm loving my new Anaconda ship kit. Makes her look sweet! Like a cigarette boat.

Chock me up as yet another who didn't get the newsletter in his mailbox.

Originally Posted by SG Cersed 1 View Post (Source)
    I'm loving my new Anaconda ship kit. Makes her look sweet! Like a cigarette boat.
    Anaconda, Python and Viper was a big wish of the commanders. Frontier is really listening the gamers

Still not popped in my inbox time to give the site another poke..skippng through it tho not much that i haven't seen here, but I guess thats the point of it, just be nice if it got to my inbox as mentiond.

Have you guys misplaced your mailing list or something? This is the second newsletter I have not received yet this year.

Greets,

Jan

And another that was receiving the newsletter regularly (if a day late) and hasn't received either of the last two.

Didn't get the newsletter this week. Almost always receive it instantly (i.e. same time as most others) on Friday evening. Relevant box is ticked on my store account page.

About ship kits. Additional parts look too simple and flat. Whats the point to buy anything so mediocre ? We need something that looks better than additional lego parts.

Still not received the newsletter, that I receive every Friday usually

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast