Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GTX 560 TI dont work with this game

I guess I had a strong 560 ti then. I was fine on planet surfaces, frame rates between 45 and 60 fps. It was just the initial loading of the texture in low orbit, or flying in low orbit, that saw any real strain on the card.
    Skipper, should I pick the yellow bananas or the red bananas, because the yellow bananas are green?
    Golf.India.Lima.

Anaconda: FNCS-2706 'New Horizons'
    Fer-De-Lance: FNCS-2704 'Predator'
    Vulture : FNCS-2703 'Negative Ghost Rider'
    Asp Explorer - Han Shot First
    Cobra Mk. III- Eastbound & Down
    http://earthdefensefleet.net/

Originally Posted by Laethageal View Post (Source)
    Even a 1060 will have at least 3x the performance, and cost 300$ top.
    I love how people post stuff like this as if $300 is a trivial amount of money that most people could find by just grabbing the spare change that's fallen down the back of the couch.

Drop the resolution to 720p, turn down supersampling to 1.0 (if it is any higher) or less & turn down shadows & terrain work. Make sure you have the latest drivers from Nvidia, older drivers can cause performance issues, not to mention graphical glitches.

It would be a good idea to post your DxDiag report as there could be other issues with the system "GTX 560Ti don't work with this game" really isn't much information for support, or indeed anyone to help you out any more than they have already.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by GilliganTX View Post (Source)
    I guess I had a strong 560 ti then. I was fine on planet surfaces, frame rates between 45 and 60 fps. It was just the initial loading of the texture in low orbit, or flying in low orbit, that saw any real strain on the card.
    The card should be fine, but it depends on the rest of his system too, GPU isn't everything unfortunately.
    My System:
    AMD Athlon 860k, MSI A88X-G45 Gaming MoBo, 16GB DDR3, Asus Strix GTX 960 OC 2GB, Windows 10.

FWIW, my old pc has a 560ti, it ran Elite Dangerous absolutely fine at 1080p. When I upgraded to Horizons, I had the same issue with terrible fps drops whenever I entered orbital flight or lower. It was virtually unplayable.

However it was still fine as long as I stayed away from planets.

Op - either run Elite Dangerous without Horizons, or you'll have to lower your settings to 720p with lower quality, I was generally alright like that once I landed on a planet, ie I could do stuff in the SRV without too much trouble, it was in flight near a planet that I had the super low fps.

Not that it helps much, but I modernized my MB and CPU and still use a 650Ti and it is still going fairly well. I'm saving up for the GPU and hope a price war starts if AMD ever gets around to starting the best bang for the $ war.
    Mostly Harmless, Merchant, Ranger touring the "Mobius" strip.
    I.P.S.R.
    Iter. Perscrutor. Scriba. Renuntiatio.
    Journey, Examine, Scribe, Report.

wish i could buy a new card but im stuck iv tried every thing to try and cope but its getting bad

Originally Posted by sintara View Post (Source)
    wish i could buy a new card but im stuck iv tried every thing to try and cope but its getting bad
    Post your DxDiag Report & we'll have a better idea of what system you are running & how to help it out.

But, definitely read all the posts above too (avoid the ones telling you to buy bits for the moment) Quite a few people have already given you very good advice, on what you can try to improve performance, try it out.

The latest drivers for your card are available here:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

it's a good idea to install them if you haven't already.
    My System:
    AMD Athlon 860k, MSI A88X-G45 Gaming MoBo, 16GB DDR3, Asus Strix GTX 960 OC 2GB, Windows 10.

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)

The card should be fine, but it depends on the rest of his system too, GPU isn't everything unfortunately.
    Very true, but I didn't have the strongest set-up, IMO, either.

Asrock H77m for the mb, a budget i3 processor, strongest point being 16gb ram (DDR3). It ran generic "HIGH" settings for E: D, barring some framerate drops around planets. I never felt it was "Unplayable."
    Skipper, should I pick the yellow bananas or the red bananas, because the yellow bananas are green?
    Golf.India.Lima.

Anaconda: FNCS-2706 'New Horizons'
    Fer-De-Lance: FNCS-2704 'Predator'
    Vulture : FNCS-2703 'Negative Ghost Rider'
    Asp Explorer - Han Shot First
    Cobra Mk. III- Eastbound & Down
    http://earthdefensefleet.net/

well i have been in contact with support and turns out this is a known bug with some nvidia cards and that they have a fox but wont be rolled out until next big update whenever that will be so until then im buggered they said its there end not mine sadly i was at the point of getting my anaconda but due to the lag i crashed so many times trying to do skimmer missions and so on i lost it all

so now i start from scratch i worked hard too sigh oh well nothing i can do but wait

Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)
    I love how people post stuff like this as if $300 is a trivial amount of money that most people could find by just grabbing the spare change that's fallen down the back of the couch.
    We're on a niche pc game forum. This mean we address to avid gamer. If you can't spend 300$ to upgrade your 5 years old gpu, you need to change your hobby, slow other less important to you but potentially expensive hobby or maybe start working at getting a job.

Most people I spoke with that had something against purchasing a 500$ video card would spend more than this amount in the next 2-3 month in some instant hobby. Going to the cinema with the family cost upward 50$ for only 2hr, an evening at a nightclub can go from a few buck to hundreds depending on how you act, some are smoking for 50$ per week. I'm not aware of everyone habits, but if you're doing one of those and say it's hard to afford a new gpu, the only trouble come from your priority list. Not that it's a trouble, but if you put it lower in your list and can't afford upgrades, don't complain about lag.
    Frontier Development : Putting nails in the coffin, 1 patch at a time since 2014!

Originally Posted by Laethageal View Post (Source)
    *snip*
    Well that was horrible, and definitely uncalled for.

Just because you and "most people that you have spoken to" can afford to drop 300$ into your hobby at the drop of a hat it does not mean that everyone else can.

And that throwaway comment about "working on getting a job" wow, just wow. You don't know if the OP drinks, smokes, goes to the cinema or does anything but spend money on things necessary for them to be fed, clothed and housed. You don't even know the age of the OP, maybe they still go to school in addition to looking after their family hence why they don't have a job / decent income.

Think before you type and keep such drivel for the discussion forum rather than support. This is certainly not the place for such a snide post, in fact neither is general discussion...
    My System:

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    Well that was horrible, and definitely uncalled for.

Just because you and "most people that you have spoken to" can afford to drop 300$ into your hobby at the drop of a hat it does not mean that everyone else can.

And that throwaway comment about "working on getting a job" wow, just wow. You don't know if the OP drinks, smokes, goes to the cinema or does anything but spend money on things necessary for them to be fed, clothed and housed. You don't even know the age of the OP, maybe they still go to school in addition to looking after their family hence why they don't have a job / decent income.

Think before you type and keep such drivel for the discussion forum rather than support. This is certainly not the place for such a snide post, in fact neither is general discussion...
    It isn't anything you said.

OP asking if his old 560ti was causing the FPS drop.

We know it is, as the capacity of the card isn't strong enough for horizon.

I simply suggested some 300$ card and got struck down with "how dare you propose a hardware change, 300$ is a lot". Trouble comes from hardware being too weak. Fix is to change the hardware.

I didn't say OP doesn't have a job or burn his money in stupid thing. But if he cannot afford to change his 300$ card every 5 years, it might be better for him to either simply accept the lag, stop spending on other hobby (if he have some) or quit the hobby. After all, it is simply a hobby. It might be sad someone cannot afford an upgrade, but clearly doesn't belong in support either. It isn't a charity forum.

Now, in respect to the OP : none of this address to you as you didn't whine for help. You didn't complain about being unable to upgrade your card or anything. I'm addressing to people who responded so negatively to the suggestion of changing your gpu as if I was crazy. If you're in N/A and want to cover shipping cost, I might have a better card for you lying around.
    Frontier Development : Putting nails in the coffin, 1 patch at a time since 2014!

ok first off i live in the uk so your offer Laethageal was kind but cant be done

secondly i cant afford to upgrade due to the fact (as i have already said ) i am A fall time carer for my mentally ill sister after mum and dad died 4 moths apart we then got evicted i lost my small photography biz to take care of her i cant go to work for same reason i get £100 every 2 weeks for caring for her

this is why ill just have to put up with it and do the best i can in the game thank you all for your advice and help

It's a problem with the game and/or drivers as I've run Elite with nice settings since launch on my 570 and starports, combat, etc. are all fine except for landable planets. Look at them from far away, or on approach and enjoy single-digit FPS. It's been reported multiple times in this forum with little to no response from Frontier. It wasn't always this way either. I forget which patch, but there was a time you could land and not have any issues either, which is more frustrating considering dev silence.

Being told you just have to go spend several hundred on a new card when you're getting consistent 60 FPS in all aspects of a game except one is pretty irritating. Especially as common advice to turn settings down does nothing for the issue. Turn terrain to lowest, zero work, no change in FPS issues. Turn them up to medium and more work, same FPS.

I have a 550 ti myself.

I have been experiencing the same problem. Recently I contacted support. This was the reply I got back!

Thanks for getting in touch and for your extensive investigation prior to contacting us, it's really helpful. I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that this issue has virtually nothing to do with your machine, that all looks great. We're aware of this issue: FPS drops to incredibly low rates when observing certain locations (mainly planets) with certain Nvidia cards. We've already been hard at work to fix this issue and we have one ready to go.

The bad news is that it's a pretty huge fix and the next available time to roll out it out is the release of 2.3, which is some way off yet. We may find a way to deploy it earlier but ultimately I don't have a solution for you right now. I'm really sorry to disappoint. I hope that understanding the nature of the issue and knowing that there's nothing you can do on your end somewhat offsets the fact that the fix could be a way off.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'll be more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

Regards,

CMDR Tronador
    Elite: Dangerous Customer Support Wing
    So for us guys with older cards, we'll have to wait a little bit but we have reason to be hopeful! (And sadly there's nothing we can do ourselves in the meantime.)

P.S. If anyone reading this can reach out to CMDR Tronador and say "Thanks pal!" for me, that'd be swell! (I did have more questions about the technical details about what's causing the issue and the fix, but I figure I can raise that question when the patch comes around?)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast