Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GTX 560 TI dont work with this game

Originally Posted by V'larr View Post (Source)

Snip...

The bad news is that it's a pretty huge fix and the next available time to roll out it out is the release of 2.3, which is some way off yet.

All I see is this. Some clear announcement about 2.3 release still being some way off.
    Frontier Development : Putting nails in the coffin, 1 patch at a time since 2014!

Thanks for the info V'larr. Disappointing to have to wait until whenever 2.3 arrives, but I'm sure hoping the fix will work. A message in the threads on the forums asking about this issue so many times would have been appreciated as well.

Originally Posted by Laethageal View Post (Source)
    All I see is this. Some clear announcement about 2.3 release still being some way off.
    My personal take on it? Late February-mid March, depending on duration of the beta period & how necessary that may or may not be. April at the worst.

But that's just my guessing.

Originally Posted by Mazuo View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the info V'larr. Disappointing to have to wait until whenever 2.3 arrives, but I'm sure hoping the fix will work. A message in the threads on the forums asking about this issue so many times would have been appreciated as well.
    Well, I mentioned it on a stream & the streamer mentioned it's not the first time he'd heard that info? So it seems like support - via the ticket system, at least - is telling people often about this, and I just saved them the trouble of replying here.

I have the exact same issue with fps drops on an older Nvidia card, I'm waiting on the same fix.

Those old gt5xx cards have run Elite Dangerous just fine until 2.2 dropped.

You don't need a $300 gpu to play Elite.

Originally Posted by Laethageal View Post (Source)
    We're on a niche pc game forum. This mean we address to avid gamer. If you can't spend 300$ to upgrade your 5 years old gpu, you need to change your hobby, slow other less important to you but potentially expensive hobby or maybe start working at getting a job.

Most people I spoke with that had something against purchasing a 500$ video card would spend more than this amount in the next 2-3 month in some instant hobby. Going to the cinema with the family cost upward 50$ for only 2hr, an evening at a nightclub can go from a few buck to hundreds depending on how you act, some are smoking for 50$ per week. I'm not aware of everyone habits, but if you're doing one of those and say it's hard to afford a new gpu, the only trouble come from your priority list. Not that it's a trouble, but if you put it lower in your list and can't afford upgrades, don't complain about lag.
    Two points.

1) I didn't say I can't afford to spend $300 (pounds actually in my case but I was using the currency in your example) on a graphics card, I could do that right now. Especially amusing in view of your comments above is that the reason I can do so is I bank any cash I get for Christmas and birthday gifts specifically to be used for PC uprades because it's the only significantly expensive hobby that I have. So yeah. I said some people can't.

Oh and I have a job thanks. A proper one, not gold farming...

2) Your post there just proves how little you actually understand. All you need to do is take the time to read the forums a little to know that there are plenty of casual (in terms of time spent playing) gamers who play this game who are not playing on cutting edge tech with a rift and a £500 HOTAS. This forum is no more addressed at 'avid gamer' than disney.com is.

I'll just add that even with my 550 ti, in most other parts of the game, I often hit 100+ FPS. I drop to the 50s only in certain huge stations.

(That of course would change if I jacked up my settings to all High/Ultra, surely!)

Originally Posted by Red Anders View Post (Source)
    Two points.

1) I didn't say I can't afford to spend $300 (pounds actually in my case but I was using the currency in your example) on a graphics card, I could do that right now. Especially amusing in view of your comments above is that the reason I can do so is I bank any cash I get for Christmas and birthday gifts specifically to be used for PC uprades because it's the only significantly expensive hobby that I have. So yeah. I said some people can't.

Oh and I have a job thanks. A proper one, not gold farming...

2) Your post there just proves how little you actually understand. All you need to do is take the time to read the forums a little to know that there are plenty of casual (in terms of time spent playing) gamers who play this game who are not playing on cutting edge tech with a rift and a £500 HOTAS. This forum is no more addressed at 'avid gamer' than disney.com is.
    Things degraded to something it wasn't suppose.

I didn't mean to imply you or someone else in particular can't afford it, neither that someone with a lower budget should absolutely spend his few saving in a 300$ card or leave the game (in case that's what you understood from previous post).

Elite isn't the most taxing game hardware wise, but it isn't some web browser game either. The point I was trying to make is that if ED is your hobby and have trouble affording the minimum hardware, you'd better be saving up for other thing more important in life. This isn't meant to be taken as a "Hey look, I got money and you don't so you're not worth playing the game" at all. It's plain common sense. Before I started credit farming in ED, I was playing on below minimum hardware because spending the few extra money we had on pc would have been dumb even with my 45hr weekly job. Needed it for the kid, house and wife being home sick for over a year. At that point, if I went to the forum asking why my game was lagging, I would have expected to be told to upgrade some part of my pc. There's nothing wrong with it as this is how pc game work. Game evolves and require faster performance.

OP didn't go offended with this suggestion by the way, someone else did. My guess is he knows his GPU start to lack capacity even though it can still give him some decent gameplay at lower settings.

I then went and wrote about how unfounded was the reaction of people toward my suggestion. Simple as that. You're not needed to shell many grand to play the game, but you're supposed to understand that lower specc'ed hardware will give slower game experience and you can't whine about it. Either do something in your life to be able to get better hardware, accept performance as they are or quit playing if it annoys you. It's supposed to be a pleasant experience after all.

In no point does it prove that I don't understand. Simply put, I understand that some people can't afford better hardware but we can't be accounted for this reality. Heck, I even offered to send him an upgrade.

Stop the witch hunt and useless attack on me. I'm not only a farmer but also a professional working full time most of the year.
    Frontier Development : Putting nails in the coffin, 1 patch at a time since 2014!

Hello there,

Just my 2 cents about that.
    First I'm happy about the fix !!

Then, I have the exact same issue with a GTX570. I can run the game at maximum detail except when I want to land
    Even if I put all the setting to low I got 4 FPS ...

The very strange thing I noticed is that the first landing is working correctly (on a fresh launched game).
    But if I'm trying to land on a second planet, then the issue begin.

So I leave the game and launch it again to be able to land

I Need money to buy a more recent computer

++

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123