Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Sirius Corp. to Address Unknown-Artefact Issue

Blimey, I never even got chance to get to the target system!!!!

I am fairly new to this game, and CG's in general, so CR's don't come that easy yet, so I was hoping to earn some with this, do they usually expire so quickly?

Originally Posted by danowat View Post (Source)
    Blimey, I never even got chance to get to the target system!!!!

I am fairly new to this game, and CG's in general, so CR's don't come that easy yet, so I was hoping to earn some with this, do they usually expire so quickly?
    No this was a very quick CQ, trade ones normally go near to the course. Unusual CG like rares transporting can go quickly and bounty hunting CG's usually go quickly too. You'll get on the end of the next one, don't worry. I missed it on my xBox too, I only managed to do it on my PC account.

Having only taken part in the odd CG and a relative newcomer to the game (having played Frontier to death in the 90s, think I still have the galaxy map poster), long and dedicated missions like Colonia don't really appeal to me, but this was a great way to drop in and quickly earn a few creds. I'm on a mac (sorry), so engineering isn't something I can take advantage of right now and this was a short hop for my Asp from my current trade/bounty route.

I think it's easy to look at the time you've invested in the game over the years and forget that it still needs to appeal to a wide variety of experiences. Newcomers can feel incredibly overwhelmed by the billions of credits players already have, or the sheer volume of people flying around in a Conda, so it's a good opportunity to try a different aspect of the game and even feel like you're taking part in the unfolding of lore (especially considering I can't help with artefact research on-planet etc.). Maybe there just needs to be more CGs that cover a wider variety of themes.

Originally Posted by mistohise View Post (Source)
    Some of the responses in here are getting a bit ridiculous.

It was obviously a mistakenly judged target. Mistakes happen. Laying in to the devs and - even worse - fellow contributors because it finished quickly does not show the sort of community spirit these things were designed for.

Chill, folk.
    This.

While I get that setting limits on a CG threshold is going to be a bit of a black art, something like a survey of the materials held by CMDRs logged in during the previous 24 hours might have given an idea of the rate of completion for this one on a single visit. Knowing of the respawn and relog for UA generation at a crash site (where I got my fragments) would indicate how quickly it could be turned around.

Some of these issues might be avoided if the events and CGs were tackled with a player mentality towards grind and known game mechanics (including issues). Team 1 presents the CG, while Team 2 tries to "break it" is the kind of model I'm thinking of here.

Still, probably the next CG will be to test an upgraded station with a UA bombing run. It would be limited by how many you can carry while taking damage, or with just Palin racks. An interesting trade off, but subject to the same kind of relog farming at the crash site.
    CMDR "Canopy Breach" Charybdis

Threads: To Sagittarius A* - 9 commanders
    Blog: CMDR Charybdis - Navigating the dangers of space to join the Elite
    Sorbago uprising story arc: [All videos]

I have a suggestion which to me seems rather obvious and one would thing would be simple for FD to implement and make their life easier.

for the 1st 24 hrs the graph does not update and indeed have them only update every 24hrs, not only is this fairly plausible... as a space trucker, why SHOULD i know the exact blow by blow of where some mega corporations supply and demand chain is? (its the same logic why i was not in favour of knowing exactly the percentages of rep or that silly bar that tells us when we are near promotion in the army.

when i am at work my only cues for possible promotion are the odd pat on the back for a job well done, and a "keep this up and there may be summat nice for you after xmas!" etc.

but if FD did this, after 24hrs they could see how popular the CG is, and then set the tiers accordingly....

most games go out of their way to hide the spreadsheet / RNG side of the game, to make it more "alive" where as FD seem to go out of their way to broadcast it.

its their game, so sup to them, but i do not see the logic myself.
    Fiat Coupe 20VT+ Gone..... Nissan 350Z Gone. Replaced with dirty nappies, no sleep and sicky shirts. Thank god for my Cobra MK III. Fast, practical AND child friendly

Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    I have a suggestion which to me seems rather obvious and one would thing would be simple for FD to implement and make their life easier.

for the 1st 24 hrs the graph does not update and indeed have them only update every 24hrs, not only is this fairly plausible... as a space trucker, why SHOULD i know the exact blow by blow of where some mega corporations supply and demand chain is? (its the same logic why i was not in favour of knowing exactly the percentages of rep or that silly bar that tells us when we are near promotion in the army.

when i am at work my only cues for possible promotion are the odd pat on the back for a job well done, and a "keep this up and there may be summat nice for you after xmas!" etc.

but if FD did this, after 24hrs they could see how popular the CG is, and then set the tiers accordingly....

most games go out of their way to hide the spreadsheet / RNG side of the game, to make it more "alive" where as FD seem to go out of their way to broadcast it.

I like your idea Mad Mike. But I am annoyed with this CG, I wasted all last night doing this goal only to find it had finished. This goal just seems a joke to me. Oh well back to grinding again.

I was thinking almost the exact same thing.

My idea was simply don't show progress in first tier until it is reached. FDev can then set tiers appropriately and then show progress for the remaining tiers.

I like your idea better.

Edit: The community does have to bear some responsibility here - FDev have altered CGs in the past when they realised they were going to quick/slow and people always moan about. They haven't done it recently...

This is only the second mats CG IIRC and the first one also finished silly early. I guess they just have very little to base the tier levels on for this type of CG.

Hopefully they can restart the CG.
    CMDRs Markzx59/Heat Shield/Jonny Case
    Buckyball Racing Club
    Distant Worlds Expedition

8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #218
    Lead Games Designer
    Frontier Developments

Hi Folks,

Just a quick message to say that we will be putting out another CG today to fill the gap left by the completion of this CG.

The new CG should launch at 15:00 UTC, but if there are any delays we will keep you posted.

Thanks for your understanding.

Steve K
    --Steve

Originally Posted by Steve Kirby View Post (Source)
    Hi Folks,

Just a quick message to say that we will be putting out another CG today to fill the gap left by the completion of this CG.

The new CG should launch at 15:00 UTC, but if there are any delays we will keep you posted.

Thanks for your understanding.

Steve K
    So you create a CG that starts and ends on the same day, while I'm at work, then create a new one, to start just after I got to work again. Lol

Damn you. Damn you all…!

(Just kidding, as long as it's not done by Monday!)

Nice idea, but not convinced another hidden variable/pseudo random element in the game would be welcome. Just better planning and perhaps two cg. Even though I missed out, and am disappointed, the variety is quite good.

LOL, so it started and finished whilst I was asleep
    Underhook
    Tank reviews https://www.youtube.com/user/Reginaldesq
    & Elite Dangerous

Cmon Frontier. Make the CG to bring us back from distant stars.

MAKE CG GREAT AGAIN!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist

Originally Posted by NotBiffle View Post (Source)
    As a Brit living in the US that didn't get to take part I have to say:

..........{I have removed the naughty insulty bit is that OK?}.......
    Did you forget to pack your sense of humour ---- sorry humor ...

(The smileys were a hint that I was joking.)

Originally Posted by Dogeh View Post (Source)
    Wait, what?
    I'm not blaming the British.
    I AM British, although I've lived in Canada for 18 years.

ED is a British game. Things happen at GMT. I missed out because it was over before it really got started.
    Sucks to be me.

Well I was teasing (the smileys kinda hinted at that) and I said "Britishness" not British or Britons.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast