Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #158

Unsubscribing and subscribing again means I'm back getting newsletters again, but still not until Saturday morning (in the UK). Shame that the newsletters seem to have lost any element of pro-active game news.

Very interested in the station bobbleheads though

Congratulations on sending out the "Newsletter Template"...

While there is little in the newsletter that players who frequent the forums will not already know, I would guess the majority of players don't come by that frequently. The newsletter is no doubt much better for those players. That said, there really should be something to entice or excite the forumites as well.

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    No, its not just you. Theres no "news" in the newsletter, only stuff that everyone already knows by just following the forums. As i have mentioned before, these newsletters are directed towards inactive players, no active player or forum user gets any news from these.

Wheres the dev blog? Frontier staff interviews? Player interviews? Q&A team reports? The ideas are limitless but every week we get this "no news" letter..
    Not everyone visits the forum. Like 90% of the active community. On the Dev updates: Would like to see them again as well, but the recent livestreams are absolutely awesome and give us more details than anything I've seen from them yet. I expect more news when they announce 2.3, 2.4 and beyond.

Thunder thunder thunder thunder cats !

Flimley

Very dissapointing

This is not a 'news'letter anymore

Thank you for posting this Jenner. o7

Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    Not everyone visits the forum. Like 90% of the active community. On the Dev updates: Would like to see them again as well, but the recent livestreams are absolutely awesome and give us more details than anything I've seen from them yet. I expect more news when they announce 2.3, 2.4 and beyond.
    Do you have some evidence to back up your statement that " Not everyone visits the forum. Like 90% of the active community " ? On the Dev updates: I add my voice in support of bringing them back, i find the livestreams very childishly presented/overlong/mostly full of hot air.

I am not sure why FD are not saying anything about proper upcoming things for 2.3 etc, but i hope that they have not run out of enthusiasm for this game, i hoped we would have had some news about multicrew and other promised features by now in the newsletters, " newsletters " being the operative word.

Originally Posted by Fosdyke View Post (Source)
    In that case i am afraid, what is the priority? a bit anxious about the future of Elite now
    It is true that there is a certain flutter

So, after watching the alien ruins video, my impression is a huge amount of hassle for little reward. Fun!

Originally Posted by Lenin View Post (Source)
    That wireframe bobblehead of the station is great. I also didn't know about the livestream, so that was news to me.
    I like both of them & they both rotate while sitting on your dash, very cool

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    When has Frontier announced something that big in a puny newsletter? If i had to bet, i would say that the earliest they are going to say anything 2.3 related, is at PAX East. Wishful thinking..
    They used to have sneak-peeks (PeekMCWeekson) and dev-updates which would excite us to read Newsletters and learn new things.

I like the Coriolis bobblehead. I would prefer a more detailed version. Add bobble-heads of ships, minor powers and planets.

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    They used to have sneak-peeks (PeekMCWeekson) and dev-updates which would excite us to read Newsletters and learn new things.
    "Back when I were a lad...."

Originally Posted by Aldric View Post (Source)
    Do you have some evidence to back up your statement that " Not everyone visits the forum. Like 90% of the active community " ? On the Dev updates: I add my voice in support of bringing them back, i find the livestreams very childishly presented/overlong/mostly full of hot air.

I am not sure why FD are not saying anything about proper upcoming things for 2.3 etc, but i hope that they have not run out of enthusiasm for this game, i hoped we would have had some news about multicrew and other promised features by now in the newsletters, " newsletters " being the operative word.
    There will be news in the newsletters after the official announcement, with information for the press etc. On the forums: The active playerbase is around 200.000-2500.000 people, with additional 1-2 million inactive. No evidence needed.

I miss the "Sneak Peeks" ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast