Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #158

Newsletter #158

Elite Dangerous RPG, New Bobbleheads and more inside!

NEWSLETTER #158

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

There's something for everyone in this week's newsletter. Do you love RPG's? Check out the up and coming RPG by Spidermind Games. A fan of bobbleheads? Store Spotlight has a treat for you. Want to know what's going on with the ever stranger non-human activity in the Galaxy, now's your chance to work with the rest of the Galaxy to find out.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

ELITE DANGEROUS ROLE PLAYING GAME

This week our friends at Spidermind Games launched their crowd-funding page for the officially-licensed Elite: Dangerous Role Playing Game. Knowing how much hard work has already been put in to this project, we're really pleased to see it breaking cover.

Check out their page and if you think its your thing, make a pledge!

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

Q&A LIVESTREAM

Ed was joined by Lead Server Developer, Dav Stott this week to answer your burning Elite Dangerous questions.

There's loads of amazing insight to be found here, and Graphs too!

Ed will be back next week with another action packed Livestream, we'll see you there.

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

BRAND NEW COROLIS BOBBLEHEADS

No ship is complete without those homely touches, and it doesn't get more homely than your handpicked bobblehead.

Now there's two brand new ones for you to choose from. The Corolis and Wireframe Corolis bobbleheads are now available for you to pick up from the Frontier Store, and are compatible with any ship you might choose to fly! Let us know which is your favorite.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

WHERE NO ONE HAS GONE BEFORE

This week, the Distance Stars expedition made the final jump, reaching M67 and going past the point of no return.

The 360 brave commanders currently out in the furthest reaches of the cosmos cataloging everything they can before finally accepting their fate and self destructing.

We highly recommend you watch the final address and follow their movements, you never know what they may stumble upon.

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

PALIN COMMENTS ON SIGHTINGS

Professor Ishmael Palin has added his voice to the debate over sightings of mysterious spacecraft, saying, "There is a clear visual connection between these mysterious vessels, the shipwrecks found in HIP 17862 and the Pleiades, the Unknown Artefacts and the Unknown Probes. And I believe we can draw only one conclusion: we are sharing the galaxy with an intelligent non-human species."

RAM TAH APPEALS FOR ANCIENT DATA

Ram Tah  in association with United Meene Labour has issued an appeal for the following obelisk data types Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Epsilon from the site to aid him in locating other sites as part of an ongoing research project. The organisation has promised to reward pilots who deliver this data to Felice Dock in the Meene system.

LAKSMII JET POWER INDUSTRIES DEFEATED

Authorities in the Parun system have reported that the Laksmii Jet Power Industries plot against the Independents of Parun has been foiled. Both factions received the support of hundreds of independent pilots, but ultimately it was the Federal organisation that emerged victorious.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

RAM TAH APPEAL FOR ANCIENT DATA
    Felice Dock, Meene 

Earn rewards by delivering Unknown Fragments, Untypical Shield Scans and Aberrant Shield Pattern Analysis to Cormack Hub in the Procyon system.

COLONIA MIGRATION APPEAL, FEBRUARY 3303

Jaques Station, Colonia

Earn your faction a place in the Colonia region by transporting Galactic Travel Guides from Bluford Orbital in the LHS 3447 system to Jaques Station in the Colonia system.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

NO ASSISTANCE NEEDED

Reckless manoeuvers will not be tolerated, commander. A little flight assist quick flight training!

BARING TEETH

CMDR Isaiah Evanson posted this screen shot dubbed, “Fangs out”. Be careful of bitemarks from this one.

FULL THROTTLE

Epic moments are made by the space between them. This is one of those events, from dr-kaii in the Distant stars expedition.

OUT ON THE EDGE

CMDR MiiC found a nice quiet spot to rest up at. Serene.

GUIDING YOU THROUGH
    THE GALAXY

ObsidianAnt and his dulcet tones returned this week with a new video. This one is entitled "How to find the Alien Ruins & what to do when there". Well worth a watch we think!

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frontier about Elite Dangerous, you can unsubscribe

Enjoyed this email? Why not forward to a friend

Frontier

Copyright © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England,  CB4 0WG, UK

Finally I received it early this morning. I had not received the # 157

A magnificent pictures of CMDR Isaiah Evanson and CMDR MiiC

Is it just me, or are the newsletters becoming of zero interest as there's little new content mention or anything in terms of roadmap?
    27in iMac, 3.4 Ghz Quad i5, 16GB RAM, GTX 780M 4GB VRAM

Originally Posted by peter101cycle View Post (Source)
    Is it just me, or are the newsletters becoming of zero interest as there's little new content mention or anything in terms of roadmap?
    It's just part of the Newsletter cycle. We won't see any "real" news until Frontier is ready to start teasing features for the 2.3 release.

No, its not just you. Theres no "news" in the newsletter, only stuff that everyone already knows by just following the forums. As i have mentioned before, these newsletters are directed towards inactive players, no active player or forum user gets any news from these.

Wheres the dev blog? Frontier staff interviews? Player interviews? Q&A team reports? The ideas are limitless but every week we get this "no news" letter..

Frontier : "As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback." ----- I fear that the newsletter is no longer a priority

I thoroughly enjoyed this delightful newsletter about the latest, absolutely gorgeous, virtual bobbly figurines, the marvelous news about our seemingly player-driven galaxy and the most unexpected and exciting comment from Professor Palin! There hasn't been such a fascinating newsletter in aeons, especially considering that the last time news came about the development progress was merely 3 months ago!

Keep up the good work Frontier!

Is Ram Tah now working with Sirius Corp? Editing, FD editing..

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    Whelp another Newsletter with no news about update 2.3.
    When has Frontier announced something that big in a puny newsletter? If i had to bet, i would say that the earliest they are going to say anything 2.3 related, is at PAX East. Wishful thinking..

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Frontier : "As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback." ----- I fear that the newsletter is no longer a priority
    In that case i am afraid, what is the priority? a bit anxious about the future of Elite now

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)
    Whelp another Newsletter with no news about update 2.3.
    That'll make 158 in total then
    (Credit for the image goes to Moozipan)
    Commander Reighdar One man. One ship. One galaxy.

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    When has Frontier announced something that big in a puny newsletter? If i had to bet, i would say that the earliest they are going to say anything 2.3 related, is at PAX East. Wishful thinking..
    It seems yes, PAX should be the best moment to announce something valuable about 2.3. May be the Beta around end of march.

That wireframe bobblehead of the station is great. I also didn't know about the livestream, so that was news to me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast