Page 4 of 903 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

Good job

Although, all of us there need to keep record of where we've been & post our searches here. (Afraid I didn't have much flying time so I just explored a few large craters near there).
    THARGOID/US CANDIDATE SYSTEMS SEARCH LIST & criteria (WIP)
    i7 4930k @4.1 GHz, 16GB DDR3 1866, G/byte HD 7970 3 GB, (128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3TB & 1TB HDD)
    Team AnandTech - SETI@Home, Muon1, Folding@H, MilkyWay@H, Asteroids@H, Rosetta@H, Skynet-POGS, LHC@H & Einstein@H - helping science with my PC.
    Commander Mark P D......

So, what's the recommended graphics settings? have we all settled on a certain scheme that best improves visibility of man-made objects?

Originally Posted by Edelgard von Rhein View Post (Source)
    The second transmission from the Cobra Mk3 in the Tionisla graveyard makes me think of confining my search to systems with the EAFOTS CC-P prefix (for Cassiopeia, Camelopardalis and Perseus), which would be the only way that I could narrow it down enough for a lone commander to go looking. Real life and current in-game commitments are going to stop me investigating this myself for at least a fortnight but I see from EDSM that there are some EAFOTS CC-P systems but no information on what is in them. Only one person has visited the ones I checked: were there any lifeless terraformables in any of them @DrewCarnegie ?
    Greetings CMDR von Rhein

I surveyed all EAFOTS CC-P and CP-C systems and did not come across any anomalies or patterns in their makeup.
    None of the systems contain terraformable worlds.

EAFOTS CP-C B40-1 is the most interesting as it has 5 stars, a (non-terraformable) water world and 15 other major bodies, plus a host of moons.
    The rest of the systems are entirely unremarkable, except for their uniform blandness.

Lifeless terraformables? Interestingly the GL-Y 6 planet we're searching atm is 1 (according to EDDi anyway).
    THARGOID/US CANDIDATE SYSTEMS SEARCH LIST & criteria (WIP)
    i7 4930k @4.1 GHz, 16GB DDR3 1866, G/byte HD 7970 3 GB, (128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3TB & 1TB HDD)
    Team AnandTech - SETI@Home, Muon1, Folding@H, MilkyWay@H, Asteroids@H, Rosetta@H, Skynet-POGS, LHC@H & Einstein@H - helping science with my PC.
    Commander Mark P D......

I'll head over and help search as soon as I get home. Gamertag is Pinkmist00106 if anyone wants to wing up.

Hi all,

regardless of how you search the GL-y E2 6 planet, east-west, south-north, diagonally, randomly or 10x10 squares, I think we should keep a public record of what has already been searched. The google spreadsheet below is the easiest thing that comes to mind (you would have to PM me the coords searched and I would have to manually mark them).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

It would be great if someone could implement a quick website where CMDRs could sign up and enter the coords of the areas they have already searched. This could be re-used for any other future search sites too...maybe even something on EDSM.net, where many CMDRs already have an account.

Erm... guys there is a Cobra MK3 system security force sitting here at 20, 12 Co-Ords??? I'm trying to upload a pic but it's having none of it.

EDIT: 20.0300, 12.2998

Intel i7 5820k @ 3.8Ghz, EVGA 1080TI FTW3, 16GB DDR4, 2560x1440p

Originally Posted by Acus View Post (Source)
    Good Job cmdr Zach! rep incoming

Let this platypus be our topic pet I think this planet is laughing at us
    Curse you, Perry the Platypus!

Nope.. not working haha o.0

Intel i7 5820k @ 3.8Ghz, EVGA 1080TI FTW3, 16GB DDR4, 2560x1440p

Originally Posted by Cmdr Zach View Post (Source)
    To all those wanting a different colour for titles on the front page. Here are a few samples. Please cast an opinion (must work in light and dark background)

Contents
    Latest News and Information
    What is the Formidine Rift?
    Where is the Formindine Rift?
    Drew's Clues
    Timeline of Events
    What has been worked out so far
    Real Clues, Ideas and Crazy Tinfoil Theories
    Useful Links

I'm leaning towards the first two myself, the Green and Red
    My honest opinion? Drop the custom colors altogether and go with the default color which works well regardless of which theme the reader is using. Default color in bold.

I use the theme with black text on a white background. The green is a little washed out but not nearly as bad as the yellow.

Oh wow.

I just realized that today is my 1-year anniversary of becoming a Rifter. I'd just finished listening to the Reclamation audio book. I necro'd the first Formidine Rift thread after it had been silent for over three months with this post:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post3475542

Drew replied and others chimed in. I've been stuck in this madness ever since

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(

Originally Posted by G4RY View Post (Source)
    Erm... guys there is a Cobra MK3 system security force sitting here at 20, 12 Co-Ords??? I'm trying to upload a pic but it's having none of it.

EDIT: 20.0300, 12.2998
    arrange for it to explode if its not a player, npcs are free game in lawless systems
    [FONT=microsoft sans serif][COLOR=#ff0000][B][U]>>>>>>>>NEXUS PROJECT = [/U][/B][/COLOR][B][U][URL="https://discord.gg/W6aeuUJ"][COLOR=#800080]Discord channel - all welcome to join linky [/COLOR][/URL][COLOR=#800080][URL]https://discord.gg/W6aeuUJ[/URL][/COLOR][COLOR=#00FFFF] -

100+ commanders and growing dailiy[/COLOR][/U][/B][COLOR=#008000][B][U][COLOR=#ff0000]

So what are u waiting for come and join us today[/COLOR][/U][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][/FONT]

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    Oh wow.

I just realized that today is my 1-year anniversary of becoming a Rifter. I'd just finished listening to the Reclamation audio book. I necro'd the first Formidine Rift thread after it had been silent for over three months with this post:

Happy birthday cmdr Jaiotu

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    Oh wow.

Only a year?
    Doesn't feel like it.

Congratulations, Dr. Frankenstein!

[slow clap]

Page 4 of 903 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast