Page 791 of 920 FirstFirst ... 781787788789790791792793794795801 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,865 of 13789

Thread: THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

Originally Posted by CMDR_Halceon View Post (Source)
    I've been checking the submission thread regularly, but no news yet about the CG I submitted. Seems like the story has moved in another direction, and from what others have said about CGs, it seems like a long wait il might be in order.
    Likewise, there is no news about the CG I submitted as well. These were both attempts to move the story forward ourselves as Drew suggested. I would not say that the current story arcs invalidate the proposed CGs, so they might yet come to something.
    From looking at the number of CGs that are being proposed (even though you can only view your own submissions, you can see how many threads are in the subforum), I would not say that FD are being swamped with proposals but it's a question of assessing how much work is involved and how much time there is to devote to a player-suggested storyline. An interactive storyline is a lot of work - we're asking for more than a starport upgrade. Nevertheless, the whole point (for my own submission especially) was to have an engaging storyline for us to interact with prior to 2.4, rather than just be passively around waiting to be given the next story fragment several months down the line. It was also intended to give us some characters to interact with - since the end of Premonition, there is a dearth of characters in the game for us to engage with.

Originally Posted by -Denali- View Post (Source)
    I really liked the mystery myself. I spent most of it trying to figure it out alone while believing everyone in this thread (and those before it) were a bunch of tinfoil crazies but I think that was part of the fun.

We still don't know why Salome was near col 70. I'm not convinced that the greater mystery is over, just pivoting.
    You may be right, but anyway the turning point of the Rift mystery, what spoiled and "killed" it (IMHO) was when the witch discovered a relation between FR, HG, Conflux and Pleiades.
    Until then, no one had ever heard about legends or mysteries related to HG or Conlux. I am persuaded that FD storyliners found that way (Zurara and Co) to cut off from the best potential storyline in this game for whatever financial/humane/technical resources reasons. I bet Drew Wagar was disappointed up to some point. His nice FR mystery array of clues dropping to a mere human derelict and conspiration.
    Anyway .. there is no point now in all my tinfoil. But when I remember the FR hype when I played this great game I feel it still is a real pity.

Originally Posted by Harley Quinn View Post (Source)
    Or, when using old tech spending days in witch space the Thargoids living there would react as you would in seeing a sailing ship crossing the ocean. They would see it travelling from point A to point B and would often have time to intercept, follow and see what humans were up to. This meant in areas where they had a interest and concentration of population such interceptions and monitoring were a common event and many ships were lost. But crashed condas and below are not easy to find. Considering the vast number of exploration data caches we find though it's definitely thousands of ships lost.

But now they only see us for a few seconds in witch space with our current drives. We are there then gone before they can react. Now more like a supersonic jet flying across the ocean rather than a sailing ship.

They have had to relearn tactics such as in an area of space surrounded by probes watching over their fuel sources. Rather than moving to intercept our passage they now need to be on our route waiting to ambush us. With it now being hundreds of ships rather than the odd one their resources are stretched.

And maybe if they felt a sailing ship crossing their territory was an intrusion 1000 low flying supersonic jets is even more of one and they have been trying to warn us off. Maybe they decided to put up with the sailing ships as necessary after the last war but think 1000 jets is too much.

It's easy enough to justify the mystery, the time since the previous war, lost ships and rumours about certain areas.

I would hope FDev have a logical justification for their absence, ramping up of events, reactions to humans and the tales told across the flickering embers of a midnight fire, wherever hardened space dogs gather to drink fermented vegetable products and compete in tales of blood-chilling terror.

The fact we don't have all that yet doesn't mean it doesn't exist or that it does, but I hope FDev do have it and it's part of the story narrative that will come out over time. If not I will be disappointed and fill in the gaps myself in my own imagination for my own enjoyment of the building threat. For now though, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they do and that things already placed in the game or more likely to be placed in the game will reveal this over time.
    Nice!
    But, for me, all these legends weren't due directly to actual alien activity. Lot of lore could point to..."a mix".

Originally Posted by IliteratSqirel View Post (Source)
    But the void ... the void ... its colors, they're beautiful, they are talking to me!
    You should stop staring into Azathoth's multitudinous cavities; that way lies madness, my friend.

Originally Posted by IliteratSqirel View Post (Source)
    But the void ... the void ... its colors, they're beautiful, they are talking to me!
    3 possibilities: space madness, adulterated Anlian gin, synaesthesia due to a recent lecture of La Symphonie Pastorale

Originally Posted by Masheikh Scytale View Post (Source)
    You may be right, but anyway the turning point of the Rift mystery, what spoiled and "killed" it (IMHO) was when the witch discovered a relation between FR, HG, Conflux and Pleiades.
    Until then, no one had ever heard about legends or mysteries related to HG or Conlux. I am persuaded that FD storyliners found that way (Zurara and Co) to cut off from the best potential storyline in this game for whatever financial/humane/technical resources reasons. I bet Drew Wagar was disappointed up to some point. His nice FR mystery array of clues dropping to a mere human derelict and conspiration.
    Anyway .. there is no point now in all my tinfoil. But when I remember the FR hype when I played this great game I feel it still is a real pity.
    I recall seeing suggestions on the Canonn thread that there should be a 3rd cluster of Guardian ruins out in the vicinity of Heart and Soul.
    A tiny sliver of my FR tinfoil clings to the hope that the original 'more-trouble-than-the-Thargoids', Dynasty mission space-madness-suicide-inducing 'Big Bad' is the reason that those ruins don't exist.

Originally Posted by DrewCarnegie View Post (Source)
    I recall seeing suggestions on the Canonn thread that there should be a 3rd cluster of Guardian ruins out in the vicinity of Heart and Soul.
    A tiny sliver of my FR tinfoil clings to the hope that the original 'more-trouble-than-the-Thargoids', Dynasty mission space-madness-suicide-inducing 'Big Bad' is the reason that those ruins don't exist.
    You are really bad!
    You are wanting me to travel to the Rift AGAIN ???
    I even can't remember where I parked my AspX !

So, I'm new to all these stories, mysteries, etc. And started exploring somewhat recently.

I understand FR is the Formadine Rift, and I'm on my way there right now. I want to see the Zurara derelict. Past through the Farsight station a few days ago. But took my own little route that was a dead end in the rift, so I'm back tracking and going to take another path. Probably going to the Abandoned Settlements and then taking the Mobius exploration route.

But what exactly is the Conflux, and what does HG stand for?

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    So, I'm new to all these stories, mysteries, etc. And started exploring somewhat recently.

I understand FR is the Formadine Rift, and I'm on my way there right now. I want to see the Zurara derelict. Past through the Farsight station a few days ago. But took my own little route that was a dead end in the rift, so I'm back tracking and going to take another path. Probably going to the Abandoned Settlements and then taking the Mobius exploration route.

But what exactly is the Conflux, and what does HG stand for?
    The Conflux and Hawkin(g')s Gap [HG] are two regions of space - somebody should be able to point you to a good map

Check the section of the first page (2nd post) titled 'Dynasty Expedition 3270' for more details of what was found there.

You are really bad!
    You are wanting me to travel to the Rift AGAIN ???
    I even can't remember where I parked my AspX !
    I can't help it - there's part of me that's still fascinated by the mystery, or at least what I thought the mystery was, which just won't let go.

The Conflux and Hawkin(g')s Gap [HG] are two regions of space - somebody should be able to point you to a good map

Check the section of the first page (2nd post) titled 'Dynasty Expedition 3270' for more details of what was found there.
    Ah. Hawkin's Gap. Plenty of new things to learn here. My plan is to visit all these locations, just to kind'a catch-up to what's been going on.

Ah. Hawkin's Gap. Plenty of new things to learn here. My plan is to visit all these locations, just to kind'a catch-up to what's been going on.
    Here's a link to the interactive map showing Hawking's Gap, Formidine Rift and the Conflux. Galactic Mapping project is a really useful site, and EDDiscovery is a greta tool for exploration support with a map of FR. https://www.edsm.net/en/galactic-mapping#4/-2480/0/2560

Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    Here's a link to the interactive map showing Hawking's Gap, Formidine Rift and the Conflux. Galactic Mapping project is a really useful site, and EDDiscovery is a greta tool for exploration support with a map of FR. https://www.edsm.net/en/galactic-mapping#4/-2480/0/2560
    Thanks. I'm in FR already (can see the whole galaxy behind me). EDSM I knew about. Galactic Mapping I found the other day but haven't used yet. EDDiscovery, that's new to me. So that's a tool you run on your computer? Does it use the EDSM API?

I need to start putting together a list of the different tools and websites that can help me. The built-in route planner is very basic.

Thanks. I'm in FR already (can see the whole galaxy behind me). EDSM I knew about. Galactic Mapping I found the other day but haven't used yet. EDDiscovery, that's new to me. So that's a tool you run on your computer? Does it use the EDSM API?

I need to start putting together a list of the different tools and websites that can help me. The built-in route planner is very basic.
    Yes, EDDiscovery hooks into EDSM if you have an API key.
    Personally I run EDDisco on a laptop sharing the folder ED writes the logfiles to - makes it easy to see everything without alt-tabbing.

Yes, EDDiscovery hooks into EDSM if you have an API key.
    Personally I run EDDisco on a laptop sharing the folder ED writes the logfiles to - makes it easy to see everything without alt-tabbing.

Kind'a what I'm doing too. Have a laptop on my right with the forum and other things, and the game on big monitor. I'm looking forward to see what EDDisco can do. I was almost thinking of doing my own tool because I couldn't find anything good enough.

--edit

I feel so relieved, I'm back to places with more stars around me. It's becoming easier to plot my way again. Going to Farsight, then outposts, the another route to Zurara.

Btw, thanks to all explorers who have gone before me and found many of these neutron stars and other places. You did it when it was really hard. My respects.

Page 791 of 920 FirstFirst ... 781787788789790791792793794795801 ... LastLast