Page 84 of 800 FirstFirst ... 7480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 11998

Thread: THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

Would be nice if your oxygen counter would stop counting when dropping out/into of SC. I lost about 1:30 with a broken canopy just dropping out of SC, and into. I missed the letterbox by about 3 seconds.

Z...
    CMDR Barefoot Bandit
    Pilot of The Golden Phallus™

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    Would be nice if you oxygen counter would stop counting when dropping out/into of SC. I lost about 1:30 with a broken canopy just dropping out of SC, and into. I missed the letterbox by about 3 seconds.

Z...
    Yep. I once got dropped out of supercruise after jumping into a system and coming too close to the star. The client got hung dropping out so I sat there taking heat damage until I died during the loading screen. Sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by crushdepth View Post (Source)
    I'll just be happy to find another satellite. I can't do eyeball planetary surface inspection anymore.
    Yep. I've discovered that no matter what I do to my graphics settings I simply can't find anything on the surface with the MK I EYEBALL. Even if I know the EXACT coordinates of one of the settlements I simply can't see the thing until I'm hovering directly above it. I don't know if I'm a victim of technology or poor eyesight. Either way I'm rubbish for searching planetary surfaces and best off occupying myself with something else.

Originally Posted by crushdepth View Post (Source)
    I'll just be happy to find another satellite. I can't do eyeball planetary surface inspection anymore.
    I know the feeling, particularly as I'm not even 1% into it yet

Not sure if anyone has already found it, and mentioned it in the thread, but there s an unregistered comms beacon in PRU AESCS OI-K A64-0

I would look through the thread, but I need to head out for the evening, consequently I will not get chance to record the signal either... damn real life getting in the way.

Originally Posted by emtonsit View Post (Source)
    Not sure if anyone has already found it, and mentioned it in the thread, but there s an unregistered comms beacon in PRU AESCS OI-K A64-0

I would look through the thread, but I need to head out for the evening, consequently I will not get chance to record the signal either... damn real life getting in the way.
    Excellent. Hopefully, this is the missing Gamma site.

Do you have a screenshot of the system map?
    "These are not the trumbles you are looking for. Make it so." - CMDR Spock Oddsocks (Fargate: Deep Babylon's 7)

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    The only thing truly 'mediocre' about the Galnet article is that it failed to tell us anything really new (unless there's something hidden in there). The discovery of the abandoned settlements is big. Very BIG. It's just that we've known about them for quite a long time, even if the CTD kept us from actually visiting them when they were first located.

I am curious about the claim that CoR found shipwrecks. Is there any veracity to this? CoR is generally good about "declassifying" information as soon as it comes available to them. Can anyone from CoR clarify what the Galnet article is referring to? Is this just standard USS debris or does CoR know something that they are keeping from the rest of us? If CoR has no idea what the shipwrecks are then ... we just learned about something else we need to keep our eyes out for in the Rift, Gap, Conflux.
    I think this is FD telling us we've missed some significant shipwrecks!!
    Canonn Interstellar Research - for the science!
    "In theory, theory and practice are identical; in practice they are not."
    Science = Theory+Experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
    as opposed to pseudoscience/pseudonews, where : hypothesis->hyperbole->factoid
    RearAdm Jorki (Duke of) Rasalas: Dangerous-Entrepreneur-Elite
    Non pascebatis dulcia ad Thargoids - fiunt hiveractive!

Originally Posted by SpocksOddSocks View Post (Source)
    Excellent. Hopefully, this is the missing Gamma site.

Do you have a screenshot of the system map?
    Name:  Screenshot_0235.jpg
Views: 1992
Size:  65.7 KB

and the beacon

Name:  Screenshot_0234.jpg
Size:  101.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot_0235.jpg
Size:  65.7 KB

and the beacon

Name:  Screenshot_0234.jpg
Size:  101.3 KB
    Again, really great. We've been missing a Conflux beacon since the CG Kicked off. Can't rep again so soon, unfortunately. Now we just need to figure out the broadcast times so we can get a recording for decoding. Though there are at least only 2 landables here, and that's really the only other info we would expect to get out of it.
    "These are not the trumbles you are looking for. Make it so." - CMDR Spock Oddsocks (Fargate: Deep Babylon's 7)

Originally Posted by SpocksOddSocks View Post (Source)
    Again, really great. We've been missing a Conflux beacon since the CG Kicked off. Can't rep again so soon, unfortunately. Now we just need to figure out the broadcast times so we can get a recording for decoding. Though there are at least only 2 landables here, and that's really the only other info we would expect to get out of it.
    We have 00,15 and 45 so should be 30

Well done, 1task off my list. Nice half time check for me. Now back to rugby

Dyjepqyuwludcqckjxueokj djpqyp6unl002 nehhylkcjq1e okjshrw lnr eupop kc-g e64-0 ikdupqejdxy

dynastyexpeditionbeacon dnstys6erp002 rallypoint1a conflux pru aescs oi-k a64-0 modestandby

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    PLENTY, though not intentionally.

Connect the dots.

Sirius Corporation is covering up facts surrounding the Antares Starliner disaster. Sirius Corporation also is the most likely candidate for the organizer of Dynasty. Sirius announced that they had deployed hundreds of deep-space probes and signalling technologies throughout the galaxy. Sirius worked closely with the Mars High Astrocartography department on the probes' design.

Shortly thereafter Karl Devene of Mars High Astrocartography announced the appeal for exploration data from The Gap, Conflux and Rift.

I postulate that Mars High became aware of the locations from working with Sirius Corporation. I further postulate that Sirius Corporation had no idea what happened to the Dynasty Expedition. Read the most recent Galnet News article: "It appears that a fleet was despatched, over 30 years ago, to install a series of beacons in the region. None of the ships returned to their point of origin."

Read that? NONE of the ships returned. Not just the ones from the Rift. We've speculated that at least some of this ships from the Gap or Conflux could have survived but Galnet is telling us that NONE of them did.

So. The question. Was Mars High working on behalf of Sirius corporation in locating their lost expeditions or did they seize upon the information and go behind Sirius' back to find them?

There is a complex cobweb all over Galnet that traces back to Sirius and the Antares.
    Oh I agree, and I was just pulling Cmdr Carnegie's leg a little over the openness of the federation who, I think, would have producd far less results if they had won that CG.

However "None of the ships returned to their point of origin" does not mean that none of the ships returned; we have seen two years of ambiguously phrased clues from FD & I think this is another one. If no ships had returned then the article would have said "None of the ships returned.; the addition of the rest of that sentence implies to me that one or more ships did return, but not to Reorte and the powers/factions behind this expedeition probably memory wiped or killed any survivors.
    Canonn Interstellar Research - for the science!
    "In theory, theory and practice are identical; in practice they are not."
    Science = Theory+Experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
    as opposed to pseudoscience/pseudonews, where : hypothesis->hyperbole->factoid
    RearAdm Jorki (Duke of) Rasalas: Dangerous-Entrepreneur-Elite
    Non pascebatis dulcia ad Thargoids - fiunt hiveractive!

From the beacon message I get "Pru Aescs OI-K a64-0" system, and Planet 1A as the site of the Gamma base.

Originally Posted by exgoaltender View Post (Source)
    from the beacon i get Pru Aescs OI-K a64-0 Planet 1A as the site of the Gamma base. BEGIN SEARCH!
    Have you seen the size of it? That's a lot of searching.

Heading back to the bubble to see if this leads to any new clues for coordinates.

https://community.elitedangerous.com...57ba28332a6a02

Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    Snip

However "None of the ships returned to their point of origin" does not mean that none of the ships returned; we have seen two years of ambiguously phrased clues from FD & I think this is another one. If no ships had returned then the article would have said "None of the ships returned.; the addition of the rest of that sentence implies to me that one or more ships did return, but not to Reorte and the powers/factions behind this expedeition ...
    I was about to say exactly this.
    http://inara.cz/data/sigs/5/5979.png

Congratulations on finding the 4th Beacon in the Conflux region! Horrific to think it almost got overlooked!

Let's hope we can get these last 3 outpost found in the Conflux and get the rest of the logs we need to crack this mystery.

Front page updated with find.

Page 84 of 800 FirstFirst ... 7480818283848586878894 ... LastLast