Page 87 of 884 FirstFirst ... 7783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 13254

Thread: THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

Did anyone know that the Children of Raxxla have influence in the Jitabos system?

Intel i7 5820k @ 3.8Ghz, EVGA 1080TI FTW3, 16GB DDR4, 2560x1440p

Originally Posted by Assimilator1 View Post (Source)
    Wow! I'm away just a couple of days & I'm 13 pages behind!! Lol
    Anything major happened?
    The fourth beacon in the Conflux was found.

Seems we all missed it, but some great concepts here. I hope FD are watching.

Z...
    CMDR Barefoot Bandit
    Pilot of The Golden Phallus™

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

Re Drew's frt & ctr comment, I take it people have explored the concept of placing the H&S nebula's at the frt & ctr of the MW by travelling to the appropriate systems* to do this & see if anything becomes apparent?
    *Hmm, that could be many systems!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)
    The fourth beacon in the Conflux was found.
    Recall which page? (the frt page isn't showing it yet).
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> RIFTERS - LIST OF UNSEARCHED & SEARCHED ELWs within 1300 LYs of Eafots EU-R C4-1 (note edit time, as I can't update it in real time! )<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Commander Mark P D......
    i7 4930k @4.1 GHz, 16GB DDR3 1866, G/byte HD 7970 3 GB, (128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3TB & 1TB HDD)
    Team AnandTech - SETI@Home, Muon1, Folding@H, MilkyWay@H, Asteroids@H, Rosetta@H, Skynet-POGS, LHC@H & Einstein@H - helping science with my PC.

Re Drew's frt & ctr comment, I take it people have explored the concept of placing the H&S nebula's at the frt & ctr of the MW by travelling to the appropriate systems* to do this & see if anything becomes apparent?

- - - Updated - - -

Recall which page? (the frt page isn't showing it yet).
    Here's the post: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5112540

Actually, I'd think you need to look out to the edge, seeing as the 'rift as further beyond H&S, and it has been said to be like a gateway by some. Looking through H&S to the rift, could be more likely. Would be interesting if we could select bookmarks to be visible in our HUD's...

Z...
    CMDR Barefoot Bandit

Ta Jaiotu
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> RIFTERS - LIST OF UNSEARCHED & SEARCHED ELWs within 1300 LYs of Eafots EU-R C4-1 (note edit time, as I can't update it in real time! )<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Commander Mark P D......
    i7 4930k @4.1 GHz, 16GB DDR3 1866, G/byte HD 7970 3 GB, (128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 3TB & 1TB HDD)
    Team AnandTech - SETI@Home, Muon1, Folding@H, MilkyWay@H, Asteroids@H, Rosetta@H, Skynet-POGS, LHC@H & Einstein@H - helping science with my PC.

Originally Posted by DrewCarnegie View Post (Source)
    Squirrels.
    It's all about the squirrels.
    *blushes*

So, have all the Earth-likes within 200ly of the Rift bases been searched for beacons?

I'm trying to decide whether or not to head back to the bubble. I don't have many hours per week to play, and if there's no point in sitting out here any more then I'll head back. But I hate to miss anything now that we finally have some breadcrumbs after 2 years of waiting...

Originally Posted by hhiram View Post (Source)
    So, have all the Earth-likes within 200ly of the Rift bases been searched for beacons?

I'm trying to decide whether or not to head back to the bubble. I don't have many hours per week to play, and if there's no point in sitting out here any more then I'll head back. But I hate to miss anything now that we finally have some breadcrumbs after 2 years of waiting...
    If you have not engineered for L5 FSD upgrades, I'd go back to the bubble. It'll make future trips much easier. I can nor. ally do a run from the bubble to H&S in 3 hours in my AspX (50Ly).

Z...
    CMDR Barefoot Bandit

I'm heading back out to the rift with a corrosion resistant rack, a UP and a UA to continue my so far fruitless search for something..

Originally Posted by DrewCarnegie View Post (Source)
    Except that she never claimed to be heading to the Bubble. Her goal was an Earthlike in the vicinity, simply because she would be able to breath there, rather than hanging around in space waiting for the life support to fail.
    IFF she was TOW from Reclamation then she was in the bubble in Reclamation at a later date when she met Kahina, therefore she had to return somehow & sometime from the Rift to the bubble. But yes, all we know at the moment about the author of that last message was that she was attempting to survive out in the Rift after her support ship was destroyed & apparently the rest of the expedition there died.
    What intrigues me is the lack of any bodies/escape pods, even damaged escape pods. So we have a mystery within this mystery - what happened to them all? I think this ties in wih "The Missing" & something is gathering all human bodies, but I have no idea what or why. Halsey's "architects of creation"?, Thargoids who are gathering material to experiment on for their own imminent biological retribution attack on humanity? Guardians? AI/synths gathering repair material for themselves? Walden clones ditto?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    The theory I've also seen as most likely all along. Thinking long term, once this whole thing is figured out and in the open, I am rather curious about the affects this would have on Sirius, not to mention the big 3 factions - the Alliance, in particular.

Now, on a side note, despite my whinging about in game tools and the whole audio analysis thing, I have always said that the audio team in this game are possibly the most talented individuals in the gaming world (when it comes to audio). I've spent a lot of time in the game, playing it through about $30k worth of good quality (I hesitate to say high end, I've worked on too many stupidly expensive systems...) surround sounds gear, and the details are amazing.

If the planets with settlements don't differ to other similar planets in their audio tracks, I promise, some idiot work experience kid forgot to apply an update.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if selecting a star on the galaxy map had a very, very faint addition to said star's audio track that gave away that a beacon is in the system. I think I'll try and test that theory when I get home tonight...

Z...
    You might try it with the Guardian ruins planets too!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Vacendak View Post (Source)
    Crash site has been there awhile. Couldn't recognize the type from the wreckage. Picked up 5 occupied escape pods.

Attachment 114110

Attachment 114111
    Is this a ppoi, or just a random spawn? If random then nothing to do with the storyline
    We are still getting random spawns of system security ships out in the rift so FD still have not fully sorted that bug
    Canonn Interstellar Research - for the science!
    "In theory, theory & practice are identical; in practice they are not."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method
    RearAdm Jorki (Duke of) Rasalas: Dangerous-Tycoon-Elite
    Non pascebatis dulcia ad Thargoids - fiunt hiveractive!

Originally Posted by Jorki Rasalas View Post (Source)
    We are still getting random spawns of system security ships out in the rift so FD still have not fully sorted that bug
    Why call something a bug when you can retcon it into the narrative?

The systems security ships were hyperdicted and driven space mad by our Thargoid overlords. Like moths drawn to a flame they have slowly made their way out toward the Formidine Rift where they will be processed, chopped and formed into nuggets of Thargoid Chow. Do them all a favor and kill them before they are forced to endure a fate worse than hauling engineering commodities.

Originally Posted by Vacendak View Post (Source)
    I ADS scanned it a bunch of times and didn't get anything from it. Not sure if that's all you do or if there's something else that you need to do.
    Obviously, it was bugged in its original location, the CG system, and has been added recently there.

Conflux - PRU AESCS NC-M D7-192 A 3 A - found the Delta mission flying in wing with Cmdr Goliat who joined the search party yesterday after I started begging for help

Three weeks, help of many pilots and superior being was necessary to discover it.
    We found 9 sites with geysers as a side bonus https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Some of pilots who help without particular order: Cmdr CrunchyBaton955, CMDR notben, CMDR Mossfoot, Cmdr Kathryn Kando, CMDR Herausfallen, Cmdr Patrykuzz, Cmdr O_Grzechu

Will post the details shortly - but for now the small teaser:

Page 87 of 884 FirstFirst ... 7783848586878889909197 ... LastLast