Page 88 of 275 FirstFirst ... 7884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 4123

Thread: THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

Guys so the coordinates for Delta in Conflux ar…. Goliat, what’s with the gun???! HELP!!!

Connection error… connection error…. Connection error….

This is Commander Goliat, the most known* pirate in the Conflux sector.
    I got your friend and all his precious data, flying with him for 2 days finally paid off.
    His power plant has been destroyed on PRU AESCS NC-M D7-192 A 3 A and he has enough air and water in his SRV to last for 4 days, so you better be quick.
    I will release his location after one of my friends in the “bubble” will receive 50 tons of unmarked Low Temperature Diamonds, you have three days to mine them and get them to him or cmdr Baton will perish and I will destroy the data banks and the site.

Contact me here when you have the diamonds.

This is the proof that I am really holding your friend explorer:

*most known and only as far as I am aware.

Originally Posted by Baton View Post (Source)
    Conflux - PRU AESCS NC-M D7-192 A 3 A - found the Delta mission flying in wing with Cmdr Goliat who joined the search party yesterday after I started begging for help

Three weeks, help of many pilots and superior being was necessary to discover it.
    We found 9 sites with geysers as a side bonus

Will post the details shortly - but for now the small teaser:
    Nice find Commander! Looking forward to reading the mission logs!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Goliat View Post (Source)
    I got your friend and all his precious data, flying with him for 2 days finally paid off.
    His power plant has been destroyed on PRU AESCS NC-M D7-192 A 3 A and he has enough air and water in his SRV to last for 4 days, so you better be quick.
    I will release his location after one of my friends in the “bubble” will receive 50 tons of unmarked Low Temperature Diamonds, you have three days to mine them and get them to him or cmdr Baton will perish and I will destroy the data banks and the site.

http://i.imgur.com/RmwG4aS.jpg

Oh no! This isn't good. Isn't good at all.

Any chance of negotiations? Whatever you do, please don't harm CMDR Baton! He's been a good ally of the Rifters. We'll meet your demands but ... damn! We might need more time!

I would burn both.
    --
    Bring a wheeled prison tub, here!

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)

Any chance of negotiations? Whatever you do, please don't harm CMDR Baton! He's been a good ally of the Rifters. We'll meet your demands but ... damn! We might need more time!
    By their signatures they're both of the same faction so probably best to let them sort it out internally as you can't really have members of your own group taking other members hostage.
    Time is Linear, Memory is a Stranger, History's for Fools...

Well now THIS is a fun bit of RP development! If this turns into a big rescue op. might even make for a nice Galnet article!

DISCORD: REAVER | -=REAPER=-: Children of Raxxla (New website) | REAVER ONE: Canonn
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science." ― Edwin Hubble

Originally Posted by frostypaw View Post (Source)
    By their signatures they're both of the same faction so probably best to let them sort it out internally as you can't really have members of your own group taking other members hostage.
    Yes. But if they want a little roleplay in exchange for the hard work they put into finding the Conflux Delta site ... I'm all for it. I don't have the patience or, apparently, the eyesight required to find these sites on my own so I appreciate the hard work and effort they put into doing it.

Besides ... the Formidine Rift has, at least for me, always been about the narrative. The Conflux Hostage Crisis of 3303 sounds like a perfect narrative element to distract me for a few days. No way I can extract 50 Low Temp Diamonds in three days though. I'm either going to need more time ... or more help

Nah. Just leave him on the surface when you're finished, I'll be by a bit later to pick him up. It's hard to get steak out here.
    "They sing, the artefacts. I thought that was some crack pot ranting, but when you're out there they sing and then they find you..."

- Jaques

Hold on buddy.
    Rescue mission is on the way.

Love it. Game on.

Cheers,

Drew.
    • Drew wrote Elite: Reclamation during 2013 and is writing the new official Elite Dangerous novel Premonition for release in 2017 •

WebsiteFacebookTwitter

• Drew occasionally posts on this forum, but if you're looking for a quick answer you're are welcome to contact him via PM or via his website should you wish to do so •

Originally Posted by Jaiotu View Post (Source)

There's always this: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ature-diamonds

Time isn't subject for negotiations, so better hurry if You want to see CMDR Baton in one piece. And don't even try to give stolen diamonds. There are more lives at stake if You're curious, so my advice? Start mining those diamonds with as many CMDRs as you can find.

END OF TRANSMISSION.

So, I guess I need to head back to the Bubble, grab my Cobra and come rescue Baton?
    Commander Angelus' Profile
    Chronicles of Humanity - Animated scifi webseries. I killed Jar Jar

Time isn't subject for negotiations, so better hurry if You want to see CMDR Baton in one piece. And don't even try to give stolen diamonds. There are more lives at stake if You're curious, so my advice? Start mining those diamonds with as many CMDRs as you can find.

END OF TRANSMISSION.
    Well THIS just got a whole lot harder...

Mining LTD is a PITA on the best of days due to the rarity. Considering the time contraints coupled with the distance involved to get them out there, NPC pirating would have been my first go-to plan. Goliat, I don;t know if this is do-able in 3 days, considering also today is Sunday, and most people are back at work tomorrow (IRL stuff keeps getting in the way of my Elite: Dangerous time!)

OR...

Instead of diamonds we load up on GUNS... and rescue by force S.W.A.T. style

DISCORD: REAVER | -=REAPER=-: Children of Raxxla (New website) | REAVER ONE: Canonn
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science." ― Edwin Hubble

Page 88 of 275 FirstFirst ... 7884858687888990919298 ... LastLast