Page 416 of 904 FirstFirst ... 406412413414415416417418419420426 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,240 of 13551

Thread: THE FORMIDINE RIFT MYSTERY (Part 4)

I bet there is a Megaship in each of the two other regions as well: Conflux and Hawkin's Gap.
    I wonder what is the true "end" of Formidine Rift, if we haven't solved it.

How could megaship be IG since gamma ? curious to know.

Originally Posted by Nicou View Post (Source)
    I bet there is a Megaship in each of the two other regions as well: Conflux and Hawkin's Gap.
    I wonder what is the true "end" of Formidine Rift, if we haven't solved it.
    Sounds like a mystery to me!

Originally Posted by Deareim View Post (Source)
    How could megaship be IG since gamma ? curious to know.
    I think the running explanation at this point is that it was probably an anaconda prior to the latest update. It seems reasonable. And if nobody found it up to that point, no reason not to add a little flash when you can before it's revealed to the world galaxy.

Dear Drew,
    Tried that Tweety thing but I guess that did not work (Sylvester issues I guess) so I will repost the question here.

In the video clue part "DB-IB" is the symbol "-" in the middle a minus sign or a hyphen?
    Would really help eliminate possibles.

Regards

Originally Posted by Genar-Hofoen View Post (Source)
    So, does that mean there is 'more to be found' in the Rift? Or are you meaning the overall bubble/galaxy-wide 'conspiracy' mentioned in one of the old lady's logs?
    You know I can't answer that question.

I have been at pains to say this mystery isn't 'a' POI. That's still true. That doesn't mean it doesn't contain POIs (because how else can players visit something/see it/learn?).

Some of those POIs have been upgraded overtime because the technology improved. Some additions have been made. I thought that was quite cool personally - lots of people put a lot of hard work into the Zurara for example.

Will you all be satisfied by the ultimate outcome? I'm guessing not after some of the comments today! I don't think I can satisfy you all.

This is a piece of in-game story when all is said and done. It has a finite set of resources available to it and only limited mechanics to allow players to affect and interact with it. Within those constraints I have improvised to the best of my ability. I do carefully observe how things are progressing. I'll admit could have done some things better. This is a learning experience for me too. I'll accept direct criticism when one of you has written a cohesive in-game MMO player influenced storyline, whilst writing a book and interacting with a busy dev team, working around bugs and issues and holding down a full-time job and a family. We can compare notes - let me know when you're ready.

Some constraints are also forced upon me. The book must end at a point in time (I hated 'Lost' for that reason!) and all this is bound up in it. That may require some contrivances or nudges in certain directions.

Those of you who've met me know that I only have the best interests of the Elite Dangerous community at heart. If you haven't, I'll appeal to your judgement of character.

The event on the 29th may not work either. It's a risk, we all know that. But nobody ever achieved anything worthwhile by holding back and playing it safe.

Cheers,

Drew.
    • Drew wrote Elite: Reclamation during 2013 and the new official Elite Dangerous novel Premonition during 2017 •

WebsiteFacebookTwitter

• Drew no longer regularly posts on this forum, but if you're looking for an answer you're are welcome to contact him via PM or via his website should you wish to do so •

Originally Posted by DrewCarnegie View Post (Source)
    But I play Elite Dangerous to ESCAPE from my real life!
    Interesting. I switch ED off to escape from my real life
    "These are not the trumbles you are looking for. Make it so." - CMDR Spock Oddsocks (Fargate: Deep Babylon's 7)

Originally Posted by JesusRocks1988 View Post (Source)
    Can you confirm whether or not there are still undiscovered assets in the three regions for us to go looking for? Obviously the mystery isn't in the finding of *things*, but in the pieces of the story that these things give us, but there are still some glaring missing things alluded to in the previously discovered logs (see my previous post for a run down), and for completion's sake it would be good to know if they're actually there to be found.
    That's just it: I would love to get in on this. IF the devs would confirm, in no uncertain terms, that yes, there is something out there, right now, to be found.

All these vagueries though...Getting to wonder whether they are just stringing us along while they work to insert the next Discovery with the next update.

Also, scanners that actually find things would help.

Originally Posted by drew View Post (Source)

I have been at pains to say this mystery isn't 'a' POI. That's still true. That doesn't mean it doesn't contain POIs (because how else can players visit something/see it/learn?).

Some of those POIs have been upgraded overtime because the technology improved. Some additions have been made. I thought that was quite cool personally - lots of people put a lot of hard work into the Zurara for example.

Will you all be satisfied by the ultimate outcome? I'm guessing not after some of the comments today! I don't think I can satisfy you all.

This is a piece of in-game story when all is said and done. It has a finite set of resources available to it and only limited mechanics to allow players to affect and interact with it. Within those constraints I have improvised to the best of my ability. I do carefully observe how things are progressing. I'll admit could have done some things better. This is a learning experience for me too. I'll accept direct criticism when one of you has written a cohesive in-game MMO player influenced storyline, whilst writing a book and interacting with a busy dev team, working around bugs and issues and holding down a full-time job and a family. We can compare notes - let me know when you're ready.

Some constraints are also forced upon me. The book must end at a point in time (I hated 'Lost' for that reason!) and all this is bound up in it. That may require some contrivances or nudges in certain directions.

Those of you who've met me know that I only have the best interests of the Elite Dangerous community at heart. If you haven't, I'll appeal to your judgement of character.

The event on the 29th may not work either. It's a risk, we all know that. But nobody ever achieved anything worthwhile by holding back and playing it safe.

Cheers,

Drew.
    Remember that some time ago... "The Core of the problem" and then Rebecca has now said the "Problem aint out here. its back in the core worlds" It was like it was in front of us the whole time...

Congrats to all those who helped find this. I am truly impressed by your dedication and tenacity in unraveling the mystery.

Originally Posted by CookieJarviz View Post (Source)
    Obsidian Ants new video annoys me "Elite Dangerous - Formidine Rift Mystery Solved" How on earth has it been solved. Megaships were not in game until 2.3. audio logs were not a thing until 2.3. The rift mystery has been in since gamma. so. How. On earth. Is this solved.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap. We came here just to say the same thing.

It isn't solved. I've corrected the title and description of the video.

It's actually strange to read this thread. From the mega ship discovery onwards, there are many posts talking about this mystery having been "solved". Maybe it was a case of Chinese whispers...that is certainly how I incorrectly got the wrong impression.

No harm done though, and hopefully a lot more stuff to look forward to.

Cheers,

Drew.
    You don't have to satisfy us all Drew, just me

Originally Posted by Obsidian Ant View Post (Source)
    It isn't solved. I've corrected the title and description of the video.

It's actually strange to read this thread. From the mega ship discovery onwards, there are many posts talking about this mystery having been "solved". Maybe it was a case of Chinese whispers...that is certainly how I incorrectly to the wrong impression.

No harm done though, and hopefully a lot more stuff to look forward to.
    Yeah I dont know why people were saying its solved. megaships were not in gamma

Phaethon's reach. Phaethon arrived till the Scorpio constellation when he lost control of the horses and dropped to Eridanus river.
    Path of souls. According to Greek mythology is the river Acheron where Hermes (for some) or Charos (for others) was accompanying the dead through to Hades

Hope I am correct and that it helps
    CMDR pargyrak

Deadly on ZX Spectrum, Elite on Amstrad CPC

Cheers,

Drew.
    Well said Drew - Can't rep you again so take a virtual +1

Page 416 of 904 FirstFirst ... 406412413414415416417418419420426 ... LastLast