Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous: The Commanders (2.3) beta

Originally Posted by Monk View Post (Source)
    Oddly vague response that does not include a "No" to NPC Crew...interesting
    NPC multi-crew confirmed!

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    That's not what it says. We'll have more details on the granular aspects in our dev update coming soon.
    dev updates are back guys!

3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #48
    Originally Posted by tarragon View Post (Source)
    News: There will be news about incoming news.
    OR "News, here's a beta date". Depends on how you look at it.
    Head of Community Management

Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

的f you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

I know it's probably a pointless question with a non-answer, but was there any news about how XB1 players can get in or contribute to testing on the Beta for 2.3?

Kinda bums out the console group that they can't even get in the hotness until it becomes final release. Has been an issue since 2.0 started, probably can't fix it, but having an "official word" from somebody in the know would go a long way to providing a measure of solace.

o7 Commanders.

I am looking forward to the update, I am very interested in seeing how they implement multi-crew. I can't imagine anyone would rather be crew than fly alongside you in a wing. There would have to be a large advantage to being a crew member to outweigh not having a wing man.

7. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #52
    Originally Posted by Westyb View Post (Source)
    NPC multi-crew confirmed!
    Not what was said.

8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #53
    Originally Posted by PaleGringo View Post (Source)
    I know it's probably a pointless question with a non-answer, but was there any news about how XB1 players can get in or contribute to testing on the Beta for 2.3?

Kinda bums out the console group that they can't even get in the hotness until it becomes final release. Has been an issue since 2.0 started, probably can't fix it, but having an "official word" from somebody in the know would go a long way to providing a measure of solace.

o7 Commanders.
    Sadly no news on that front at the moment. Sorry guys.

Originally Posted by PaleGringo View Post (Source)

o7 Commanders.
    I think Xbox hasn't gotten into any sort of beta since GPP. I wonder if it is a limitation in the way games are presented on the console or if MS QA can't keep up with the beta update frequency.
    Commander Monk Edgecomb
    Duke, HIP 16858

的f you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

FD, once the spice info flows again, please tell us the most important thing first: how are you going to work out that claim of yours "a ship with multiple player on board is as powerful as multiple individual ships", because I still don't see how this could ever happen without arbitrary magical buffs (e.g. stuff like +100% weapon damage per player on board)...

Originally Posted by Zac Antonaci View Post (Source)
    Not what was said.
    NPC Multi-crew not denied!

Get your faces on standby!

Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    FD, once the spice info flows again, please tell us the most important thing first: how are you going to work out that claim of yours "a ship with multiple player on board is as powerful as multiple individual ships", because I still don't see how this could ever happen without arbitrary magical buffs (e.g. stuff like +100% weapon damage per player on board)...
    It could be something like, Turrets will be more accurate with a commander controlling them, shields could be more effective and efficient with someone controlling and diverting shields to different areas. Stuff like that.

It will be interesting to see how it works.

Time to hop into the hype train!

Page 4 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast