Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #159

Newsletter #159

Friend, get big news on Elite Dangerous' next update.

NEWSLETTER #159
    Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

We're bringing big news to you this week around the 2.3 update, along with brand new paint jobs and great discounts for the Merch Designer, there's plenty for you to get excited about.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons
    ELITE DANGEROUS: THE COMMANDERS (2.3)

Greetings!

We’ve been receiving numerous transmissions from Commanders all over the galaxy seeking more information on our next update. We're pleased to confirm that Elite Dangerous: The Commanders (2.3) beta will be landing the week ending February 26!

With the content development now reaching it's final stages, we’ll soon be able to start sharing more news and updates on exactly how the features will look and work. There will be more detail about how the core features will function in our upcoming dev spotlight as well as showcasing all of the content in our pre-beta stream!

Look out for much anticipated features such as Multicrew and Commander Creator, as well as a number of other improvements and changes. Bring your friends or invite new crew mates to pack that extra punch you might need in key situations, and add more personality to your Commander with an all-new visual upgrade.

So ready your engines and tell your friends, the Elite Dangerous: The Commanders beta is just around the corner.
    Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team
    CQC WITH ED AND CO

Due to a nasty bout of space lurgy, there was no Livestream this week. Fear not though, Ed will be returning next week with his Dev friends to take you on at CQC.

Tune in at 7pm BST this Thursday and either take on or team up with ED.

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store
    ACCEPTABLE IN THE 80s

For those who love the neon lights and vibrant colors that the 80s brought with it, you're in luck.

Out today is the ultra bright and super cool Synth Pack, available for the ASP Scout, perfect for any Commander who wants to get noticed. Make sure you share your favorite shots donning yours.

FREE HAULING ON MERCH

From today right through till Feb 1st, we're giving you free shipping on all Merch Designer items.

So whether you want a shirt, bag, jacket or a mug (who doesn't want a mug?) make sure to grab it this weekend. We love to see what products you design so let us see them on our social channels.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

ELITE DANGEROUS AUTHOR JOINS CMDR JOSH HAWKINS

This Sunday, January 29, 3pm Eastern - Commander Josh Hawkins and the rest of the Brocast crew are joined by the one, the only Drew Wagar, Author of Elite Dangerous: Reclamation for a live interview and to answer questions about the Formidine Rift!

This is sure to be an amazing show, so get subscribed and tune in this Sunday.

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy
    RAM TAH DISCOVERS NEW SITES

Following his recent appeal for data from the Synuefe ruins, engineer Ram Tah has discovered several new Guardian sites. Although he has not been able to divine their precise locations, he has narrowed the field to three specific systems.

STARPORTS SLOWLY RECOVERING

Using material donated by the galactic community, Sirius Corporation scientists have dramatically increased the efficiency of meta-alloy application, thereby restoring many of the starports affected by Unknown Artefact-related disruption.
    ALLIANCE APPEALS FOR HELP

The Alliance Council of Admirals has announced that an Alliance convoy has been attacked in the Fedmich system. The Alliance has launched an operation to recover escape pods from the wreckage, and has promised to reward pilots who support the mission.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on
    ALLIANCE RESCUE OPERATION
    Roberts Port, Fedmich

Earn rewards by delivering Occupied Escape Pods and Wreckage Components to Roberts Port in the Fedmich system.

ALLIANCE COMBAT OPERATIONSRoberts Port, Fedmich

Earn rewards by handing in Bounty Vouchers at Roberts Port in the Fedmich system.
    Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content
    GET A LIFE

CMDR FrotsyNibblets made an interesting discovery about Life Support this week...

AROUND THE WORLD IN 87 SECONDS

A super fast orbit documented here, no time-lapse needed.
    JUST TAKE IT IN

CMDR Miic shared a breathtaking shot this week, saying "Sometimes you need to stop pew-pewing and enjoy the view"

We couldn't agree more.

See you in the black, Commanders
    The Frontier Developments Team

If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frontier about Elite Dangerous, you can unsubscribeEnjoyed this email? Why not forward to a friend

Copyright © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England, CB4 0WG, UK

Le sigh. That super-fast orbit is a bug, in reality impossible. I'd like to see this fixed, not promoted...

I like things.

Flimley

Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    Le sigh. That super-fast orbit is a bug, in reality impossible. I'd like to see this fixed, not promoted...
    Good luck with that. Since it probably requires modifying the stellar forge and usually that means recreating the system as a "hand built" system on top of the exact spot ....recreating all the stations and such in the new system exactly as they were in the old. Such is the way of procedural systems with lax constraints.

Is that...is that 2.3 news? Am I hallucinating?

Originally Posted by PashPliskin View Post (Source)
    Is that...is that 2.3 news?
    Yes, yes it is.

Originally Posted by PashPliskin View Post (Source)
    Am I hallucinating?
    That I can't answer...
    ---------------------------------
    Good to have a newsletter with actual news in it again. FD, if you're listening, now's the time to start teasing 2.3 with those sneak peeks you've seem to forgotten about.

Much anticipated? Not so much for myself, unless NPC Crew will somehow miraculously make an appearance. Commander Creator is useful, I suppose, for narcissists and multiplayer types, but I spend my time looking out my eyes, not back in them. Maybe there will be more info in the future. *Yawn*

Originally Posted by Darth Ender View Post (Source)
    Good luck with that. Since it probably requires modifying the stellar forge and usually that means recreating the system as a "hand built" system on top of the exact spot ....recreating all the stations and such in the new system exactly as they were in the old. Such is the way of procedural systems with lax constraints.
    IIRC Michael Brookes mentioned at some point that the system in question is hand crafted and that is why there is this error, it is not a bug in the stellar forge that produced this.

Great news about The Commanders update,February is going to be good month for my gaming,with big updates to Elite & ESO and then in March comes Mass Effect. o7

Originally Posted by SlugwormX View Post (Source)
    Much anticipated? Not so much for myself, unless NPC Crew will somehow miraculously make an appearance. Commander Creator is useful, I suppose, for narcissists and multiplayer types, but I spend my time looking out my eyes, not back in them. Maybe there will be more info in the future. *Yawn*

NPC crew are coming at a later date. The commander creator is not so you can admire yourself so much as it is to enable players to see one another when they crew the same ship; one of the first steps towards walking avatars, and moving freely around ships.
    Regards HexCaliber.

Hmm, no mention of NPC crews..

It'll be nice to finally have a real identity. I hope I'll actually be able to see somebody in the ship too.

Originally Posted by Hexcaliber View Post (Source)
    NPC crew are coming at a later date.
    It would be more realistic not to assume this.

Originally Posted by shreddog View Post (Source)
    Hmm, no mention of NPC crews..
    Frontier has already told us that there won't be NPC crews with 2.3, so that's why there isn't any mention of it. Because it's not happening, at least not for the foreseeable future. No matter how much multicrew desperately needs it, nor how utterly important npc crews are to the feature being useful to 90% of the playerbase....

The Ram Tah blurb is interesting though. His actual message after the CG last week gave the community four systems to look at, yet the newsletter states it was three systems?

Not all who wander are lost... CMDR Mengy
    - Explorer, Hunter, Miner, Trader... I aim to misbehave.

Good news to learn that we will soon have news about 2.3. I can not wait to see the new visuals

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast