Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #159

Anyone else disappointed by the lack of cockpit cats in this newsletter? Come on Frontier, we know you want it too!

Originally Posted by Mengy View Post (Source)
    The Ram Tah blurb is interesting though. His actual message after the CG last week gave the community four systems to look at, yet the newsletter states it was three systems?
    Classic FD

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Good news to learn that we will soon have news about 2.3. I can not wait to see the new visuals
    Things are going hot again

Originally Posted by Hexcaliber View Post (Source)
    NPC crew are coming at a later date.
    Don't tease. I want to see a letter signed in blood by all of the Devs and DBOBE promising that this is the case. And that later date is sooner™, rather than later™.

Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    Le sigh. That super-fast orbit is a bug, in reality impossible. I'd like to see this fixed, not promoted...
    Mitterand Hollow? Noooooooooooooooo!

I know it's wrong .... but please don't "fix" it. If anything, add the tourist beacon I proposed right back at the very start of the tourist destination thread.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post4106791

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Mitterand Hollow? Noooooooooooooooo!

I know it's wrong .... but please don't "fix" it
    I wouldn't worry, I'm almost certain that Michael Brookes posted a while back that it would not be "fixed". As If nothing else it makes a good talking point for the game and is useful newsletter content every few months [sarcasm].

Managed to find the post:

Originally Posted by Michael Brookes View Post (Source)
    I'll leave it in there (as it was probably my mistake) until I'm overruled :-)

Michael

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Good news to learn that we will soon have news about 2.3. I can not wait to see the new visuals
    What new visuals? Have they specified some kind of graphics update for 2.3?

Not all who wander are lost... CMDR Mengy
    - Explorer, Hunter, Miner, Trader... I aim to misbehave.

What new visuals? Have they specified some kind of graphics update for 2.3?
    There's obviously going to have to be some changes - else we'd never see other commanders, making the creator pointless, and there's go to be some new UI stuff for the crew positions. Other than that...

The Ram Tah blurb is interesting though. His actual message after the CG last week gave the community four systems to look at, yet the newsletter states it was three systems?
    I noticed this as well.

Are there 3 sites? Or 4?
    //// sicut id facere debetis ////
    ///Do as you *ought* to - Not as you want to///

//// CMDR Hollywood: Master; Entrepreneur; ELITE; Lieutenant Commander; Federation Freelancer/Felatio Winters; Multi-purpose Purple Anaconda "Rozinante" & Purple Python "Righteous Glory"/Christmas Black Asp Explorer "Do As You Ought II" ////

Didn't see that coming, I would have expected 2.3 at the end of March at the very earliest. Mixed feelings right now, on one hand I like it that things are moving along but on the other hand I wish they'd reveal new gameplay elements sooner. Multicrew and character creator are supposed to be big updates.

Anyone else concerned that 1 month is not enough for all the beta testing, considering that it's probably going to start 2-3 weeks from now?

#NotInstantShipTransferDramaAgain

Originally Posted by Weps View Post (Source)
    Didn't see that coming, I would have expected 2.3 at the end of March at the very earliest. Mixed feelings right now, on one hand I like it that things are moving along but on the other hand I wish they'd reveal new gameplay elements sooner. Multicrew and character creator are supposed to be big updates.

Anyone else concerned that 1 month is not enough for all the beta testing, considering that it's probably going to start 2-3 weeks from now?

If there's one thing that I've learned, there just isn't enough time for all the beta testing, ever.

Why does the picture of the three pilots in the ship link to the Colonia Initiative? That's my question.
    Tribalistic Fanboyism is not good for the game, any game really. I Love Elite, but don't always love the implementation of the ideas nor the development philosophy.

Yaay! My fast orbit video made the newsletter. Thanks Frontier!
    ...in fact, forget the bubble and the blackjack!

So, I want to buy meself a merched t-shirt, because I now presumably save a bit of money on shipping. But I can't for the life of me get the shipping costs to disappear. I'm at the point of no return and there's shipping costs stuck to the order like the Kraken to a dinghy. Is this for UK orders only or what? Time is running out!

Nice stuffs. Good ideas came with last updates and even better are coming but author of Elite, when will you finally understand that the big rock which is pulling you underwater is absence of frameshift auto pilot in 34th century. I have stopped playing until auto pilot will come to this century. Example: when I have 1 hour time for playing, I will spend 20-45 mins just flying from one station to another looking for good mission. When I finally get the mission I am so bored of mindless flying and I quit the game. Doing this everyday your mind will blow with boring. If auto pilot would exists I can do other things during no action boring flying. With players with 2 monitors even more. Do autopilot same as it in Elite III First Encounters.

I do not know where to write ideas to author but think about module which will split into the two lower modules. For example: Player can buy special module class 5 and result will be two modules class 3 and 2.

Best regards, JB

Originally Posted by Weps View Post (Source)

I'm stupid.

Actually the newsletter says that the 2.3 BETAAA will be dropping on the end of February, not the patch itself. Read it completely wrong.

So yeah, no reason to be alarmed - there will be time enough to test this, unless there's another release date they haven't announced.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast