Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69

Thread: Unidentified Signal Sources (USS): A Complete Guide

  1. #1

    Unidentified Signal Sources (USS): A Complete Guide

    This thread is no longer supported.

  2. #2
    /mod hat on: i think it is fine here ... if it grows the right place might be the guides subforum :-)

  3. #3
    Good guide, spot on from what I can see.
    +1 from a UA/UP USS hunter in Canonn.

    Tip, perhaps you could take some tiny screenshots of some of the types and have them as mini-thumbnails per topic for the different kinds.
    Some people may feel it a bit easier to read and navigate you fine guide it there are some images breaking up the text.

  4. #4
    /mod hat off

    - degraded and encoded emissions can be found outside the bubble, too. (e.g. >500 ly from next uninhabited system) - i have found those even 27 000 ly from sol (and >5000 ly from jaques).

    - distress calls can be found outside the bubble. i personally have found one ~2500 ly from sol.

    - convoy beacons can be found outside the bubble - personally i have found a convoy beacon 6500 ly out

    - trading beacon "mission targets" can not be found in inhabited systems - they spawn with states.

    great guide!

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Panzertard View Post (Source)
    Good guide, spot on from what I can see.
    +1 from a UA/UP USS hunter in Canonn.

    Tip, perhaps you could take some tiny screenshots of some of the types and have them as mini-thumbnails per topic for the different kinds.
    Some people may feel it a bit easier to read and navigate you fine guide it there are some images breaking up the text.
    Maybe someday. I do not feel like breaking it with images.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by goemon View Post (Source)
    /mod hat off

    - degraded and encoded emissions can be found outside the bubble, too. (e.g. >500 ly from next uninhabited system) - i have found those even 27 000 ly from sol (and >5000 ly from jaques).

    - distress calls can be found outside the bubble. i personally have found one ~2500 ly from sol.

    - convoy beacons can be found outside the bubble - personally i have found a convoy beacon 6500 ly out

    - trading beacon "mission targets" can not be found in inhabited systems - they spawn with states.

    great guide!
    Thanks!

    - Degraded are stated to be found in any system already. I have never encountered Encoded in uninhabited system, though. I might add it if there's more evidence (screenshots, videos).

    - Same goes with distress calls and convoys. However, I am not a professional deep-space explorer (I have my Elite exploration rank, but that's it - I never wandered beyond 1000 Ly since I've got it), so again - evidence is needed.

    - Umm... Not sure what you've meant with trading beacons - you say they cannot be found in inhabited systems (which is wrong), but then you say "they spawn with states"?

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by biohazard15 View Post (Source)
    - Umm... Not sure what you've meant with trading beacons - you say they cannot be found in inhabited systems (which is wrong), but then you say "they spawn with states"?
    i mean tis one "Mission Target: Trading Beacon" - those can be only in inhabited systems, because they spawn with states.

    i'll post screenshots from my next expedition for the others :-)

  7. #7
    Super guide .. thanks .. +1 rep for your work.

  8. #8

  9. #9
    My list of book market threads is starting to be too long to fit in the view all at once...

    Good job biohazard will +1 you

  10. #10
    Helpful guide, thanks and repped!

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by bigity View Post (Source)
    Good info, thanks!
    However, it's mixed with persistent signals. Seeking stuff, Debris Field, Distribution Centre - these are persistent, and thus does not qualify as "true" USS. You can easily distinguish between the two: persistent signal can be seen if you fly closer than 1000 Ls (just like RES, CZs and Nav beacons), while "true" USS spawn randomly.

    Also, about finding HGEs at Shipping Lanes: are you sure you weren't in Deep Space when HGE spawned? USS spawner looks for where the player ship is located - and thus it is indeed possible for HGE to spawn inside shipping lane, if player ship's speed and other factors caused USS to spawn inside it while player was flying in deep space.

  12. #12
    awesome. enjoy some rep

  13. #13
    Great guide... and finally I found the military supercapacitors ! Thanks !

  14. #14
    I've been having a very hard time finding Polymer Capacitors. Perhaps they don't show up in USS's? From what I've read, they should be in HGE in Civil War systems, but while I've found lots of Military Supercapacitors/Alloys and some other rare materials, I've never seen the elusive Polymer Capacitor...

    Used to be able to get them from missions, but haven't seen any there either.

    Any suggestions? Am I looking in the wrong place?

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by TomT View Post (Source)
    I've been having a very hard time finding Polymer Capacitors. Perhaps they don't show up in USS's? From what I've read, they should be in HGE in Civil War systems, but while I've found lots of Military Supercapacitors/Alloys and some other rare materials, I've never seen the elusive Polymer Capacitor...

    Used to be able to get them from missions, but haven't seen any there either.

    Any suggestions? Am I looking in the wrong place?
    Polymer Capacitors do not spawn in HGEs.
    They may spawn in Encoded Emissions USS in anarchies, but that's a rare occurence. Seek Convoy Dispersal Pattern in anarchies, or head to high-intensity CZ and kill ships there. You may also try Checkpoints in anarchies in outbreak - there's T9 named "Evidence Storage" that drops CZ-grade materials when killed.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast