Page 151 of 166 FirstFirst ... 141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2478

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.3 Dev Update

  1. #2251
    Originally Posted by BurnyBurns View Post (Source)
    Get that console blaming horse poo out of here. Gaming people can't really fall much lower than indulging in platform warrior-ism. No matter in which direction it goes. In case of the PC master-race syndrome, it's just a terribly lazy "blame the others" scheme.
    Everyone knows that once you bring Consoles into the equation, a game (from the PC aspect) is dumbed down considerably.
    PC games are NEVER made better or more complex in order to work on Consoles.

    IMO Consoles have been the ruination of PC games

    *Thats my opinion and I really dont care whether anyone agrees with it or not. Especially this crowd

  2. #2252
    Originally Posted by Blaize Meduenin View Post (Source)
    Gunnery position in a fantasy space opera that elite dangerous is (or at least was) = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBagc1Ww0_Y

    What FD implemented is a 3rd person arcade shoot em up
    More like 'The Last Starfighter', if anything.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmPGuMGs8cg

    There's another scene, earlier on in the film, where Grig talks about jamming an enemy's communication so that it can't report back and get reinforcements. That's the kind of thing I meant when I referred to how a station for an electronic warfare officer could be highly useful. Although, to implement that, Frontier would need to have properly diverse ECM capability instead of the dumbed-down EMP mechanic they've turned it into.

  3. #2253
    I also see Fdev inconsistencies in the design of the game since patch 2.2
    They are :

    1 ) FLS - buying 1 but with 8/8 lives
    SRV - buying 1 , lost , coming back to station for another
    2) SRV Turret Mode FPS with gimbals
    Ship Turret ( MC Gunner View) - TPP with autoaim
    3) Wings - vouchers divided
    MC - vouchers duplicated
    4) FLS - telepresence 30km
    MC - telepresence ~~

    Quo vadis Frontier ?? We had semi-realistic space sims before 2.2 now all this realism and logic are lost

  4. #2254
    Originally Posted by PyrateLV View Post (Source)
    Everyone knows that once you bring Consoles into the equation, a game (from the PC aspect) is dumbed down considerably.
    PC games are NEVER made better or more complex in order to work on Consoles.
    [Citation needed]

    Seriously, have you ever critically thought about that FUD? "Everybody knows" is a cop-out for "don't use your head to think for yourself" or get your facts straight.
    I kill Gandalf! - Igor, Dork Tower

  5. #2255
    I have to say, it's rather hillarious to read some of the disagreements and arguments here gentlemen. Piece of sober clarity for everyone:

    Realism is gaming is and always will be relative and not synonymous with immersion. Realism is a term of objective nature, immersion is purely subjective.
    The degree and balance between the two is a question of preference for each individual.

    To me there is much greater degree of immersion to be found in a non-graphical text game if the nature and complexity of interaction with a world is greater than an equivalent of the same game with amazing graphics and shallow mechanics. But that's me. Does it make the text game more realistic? No because in 'real' life I would not be interacting with the world via written commands. Etc etc.

    I personally find the idea of third person camera unimmersive as it breaks my suspence of disbelief and brings into my mind entire complex of connotations to do with arcade shooting games. I'd MUCH prefer to have an in-cockpit rear camera system that can be installed which would keep my suspence of disbelief in check and therefore myself more immersed. External camera to me means I now have to use it to stay competitive against everyone else who will be using it to see rear of their ship fir example, OR refuse to use it and stay more 'immersed' into my personal take on realism and suffer the consequences of others utilising tools that I am not.

    To someone else that same camera can mean much more 'immersion' because they can now look around easier and have better sightseeing experience to take pretty pictures against their ships.

    It's a matter of personal preference strictly and purely.

    Mine is that I wish the external camera never happened; I would find more immersion in ED making the core game more complex than in seeing my face.
    Face creator is a very nice touch regardless as is seeing your co-pilot and faces in comms panel. Immersion points up in my book and congratulations to ED for adding another well designed feature.

  6. #2256
    Originally Posted by BurnyBurns View Post (Source)
    [Citation needed]

    Seriously, have you ever critically thought about that FUD? "Everybody knows" is a cop-out for "don't use your head to think for yourself" or get your facts straight.
    I was going to reply by stating the facts that consoles usually have inferior hardware and limited input devices and such.
    Then I realised that you seem to be so angry and agressive that it would probably lead to an insult hurled in my general direction.

    Decided it was better to not post at all.

  7. #2257
    Originally Posted by DoctorDanny View Post (Source)
    I was going to reply by stating the facts that consoles usually have inferior hardware and limited input devices and such.
    Then I realised that you seem to be so angry and agressive that it would probably lead to an insult hurled in my general direction.

    Decided it was better to not post at all.
    I think it was a fair response to PyrateLV's inane ranting. All this "with these inferior-console-kids-pew-pew-ADHD-losers ED will get worse and worse" is just offensive to anyone who has a somewhat balanced outlook on life. It also clearly doesnt apply to ED. HOTAS controls werent 'dumbed down', they added a new controller mechanic so XB1 players could approximate it. Graphics have been improved throughout S2, not 'dumbed down'.

    People here should stop blaming random groups of players for whatever they are unhappy with. Its rude and wrong, which is a silly combo to go for.

  8. #2258
    Originally Posted by DoctorDanny View Post (Source)
    I was going to reply by stating the facts that consoles usually have inferior hardware and limited input devices and such.
    Then I realised that you seem to be so angry and agressive that it would probably lead to an insult hurled in my general direction.

    Decided it was better to not post at all.
    And then posted anyway.

    PCs having potentially much more capable hardware than consoles is undisputed. Luckily, hardware has nothing to do with a game's complexity. You could run dwarf's fortress on age old hardware and it would still make stalwart gamers blush. If you'd go for the inane argument that PC games could be designed for top end PC hardware when not also targeting consoles... you better have a compelling argument that the respective games would be even a feasible production if targetting only the top PC hardware and not also the considerable console install base. Let's face it: The ten mile high club of PCs does not represent the "baseline" devs ususally target if they want to feed themselves. By then you either are a dev yourself and have hard numbers to back up your claims or your argument becomes so speculative, that there is not much argument but a whole lot of wishful thinking left.

    Inane and indifferentiated drive by posts won't do it. Put some effort into it.
    I kill Gandalf! - Igor, Dork Tower

  9. #2259
    Originally Posted by PyrateLV View Post (Source)
    Everyone knows that once you bring Consoles into the equation, a game (from the PC aspect) is dumbed down considerably.
    PC games are NEVER made better or more complex in order to work on Consoles.

    IMO Consoles have been the ruination of PC games

    *Thats my opinion and I really dont care whether anyone agrees with it or not. Especially this crowd
    What this argument fails to acknowledge is that the two main consoles of today - Xbox and PS4 are really just pre-canned PCs, with a fixed specification.
    A lot of PC users have embraced console controllers I wouldn't necessarily see that as a bag thing.

    PCs of today are a wide ranging mix and match or different chipsets, RAM, Graphic cards and operating systems. High end PCs blow away consoles in what they are capable of but come at a cost that puts them out of reach of most users. Instead, most users will purchase a PC, either home built or shop built, and then watch as new technology is released that relegates it down the pecking order as time passes.

    Because of this, developers have to develop for a sub-set of the PC community. The sub-set that will reach the widest audience for the minimum amount of development. Xbox and PS4 consoles are just two points in that subset.

    'Dumbing down' only comes at the point at which consoles are at the bottom of this bubble.

    HOTAS support is confirmed as present independent of PC or console. The only accusation that can be levelled at a console is the lack of keyboard support, as this could be perceived as limiting the input options for a user, but the counter argument to this is that the configuration of either console is locked; and therefore can be exploited to a greater extent than anything possible on a PC which has to pamper to multiple configurations interworking together. If Microsoft and Sony provide keyboard support, even this accusation evaporates.

  10. #2260
    i just think ... de fdev are going to kill the game ... they make an arcade game ... and david braden dont do anything ... he lost what he want to do when he create the first elite ... the first space simulation game of the world ....
    what about de "commanders" ?
    - avatars
    -multiplayer "limited" to gunner and one pilot
    -gunner camera made by magical space unicorn tehcnology ... like tele presence for players crew ....
    -a fabulous external and internal camera ... (prety cool but very cosmetic)
    -ship naming (cool but cosmetic too)

    what about NPC crew ? nothing !!! they are only here to take your money and piloting figthers ... we dont see them on board ...
    David ? dont you see they are killing your baby ???? what are you doing ????

  11. #2261
    Well I think it is great I get to partake in some intense battles and perhaps win even though my piloting skills are not so great.

  12. #2262

  13. #2263
    Originally Posted by DoctorDanny View Post (Source)
    I was going to reply by stating the facts that consoles usually have inferior hardware and limited input devices and such.
    Then I realised that you seem to be so angry and agressive that it would probably lead to an insult hurled in my general direction.

    Decided it was better to not post at all.
    You said... in a post.

  14. #2264
    Realism in games is important for suspension of disbelief and immersion- Or you might as well just install and run Sonic the Hedgehog like a 10 year old.

  15. #2265
    Originally Posted by PyrateLV View Post (Source)
    Everyone knows that once you bring Consoles into the equation, a game (from the PC aspect) is dumbed down considerably.
    PC games are NEVER made better or more complex in order to work on Consoles.

    IMO Consoles have been the ruination of PC games

    *Thats my opinion and I really dont care whether anyone agrees with it or not. Especially this crowd
    Thats my opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Originally Posted by DoctorDanny View Post (Source)
    I was going to reply by stating the facts that consoles usually have inferior hardware and limited input devices and such.
    Then I realised that you seem to be so angry and agressive that it would probably lead to an insult hurled in my general direction.

    Decided it was better to not post at all.
    Why not do it?

    The fact there is discussion in this forum about the somehow current "inconsistence" state/future of ED is purely and only based on the console limitations FDev has to handle during development.
    I blame the consoles not having the game i wanted.

Page 151 of 166 FirstFirst ... 141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast