Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HUGE Disappointment!

Ok, so I decided to try the 'conda one more time, although this time I saved up a extra 100m (~300m total) before buying it. Still not fully 'A' rated of course (that PS is EXPENSIVE), but I think I have it configured well enough to make a few long hauls to replenish the bank account.

I only play PVE at the moment (joined a group, but need TeamSpeak and a headset first), and will not do engineers any more after a couple of frustrating attempts, so A-rated is the goal. The reason I'm Back in the Bus is because I cannot find a better suited, non-military ship to do what I want. I want to be able to carry enough to make missions worthwhile, which my Python was more than capable of, but to also be able to have a couple of ATVs in the hold to visit any interesting planets I come across. And I wanted a ship that could carry a fighter. I haven't the funds to outfit a fighting 'conda, nor is that the goal. But I'd like a little backup in those cases where I am unable to run and have to make a stand. That, and I really want to try flying one of these little speed demons.

Tried the FGS, and laughed the whole time. But it is too single-focused for what I want to do. It IS fun bashing into PVE ships though. Gonna miss that. The FGS is a tank. Weighs more than my 'conda.

It's only been a day, and I still hold my breath every time I egress a station, and I haven't added the fighter yet as I want to make a concentrated run or two to recoup some funds. But once she's ready I 'should' be able to pretty much just go wherever and do whatever I want without having to change configurations/ships to do so.

Or at least that's the plan...

The way i got around the entering/exiting thing in my annie was to turn the mouse pointer widget on so you know thwt you are centred and fly slightly north of this. To get the most out of it you have to be A rated. And with L5 dirty drives she is much better to fly...ive spent more tine in mine than anything else in my fleet

OP, what are you smoking? Anaconda is *amazing* multirole ship. She can do anything. I do agree that I prefer using my Asp to explore as you have to strip the Anaconda too much ... but as a long distance trader, she's really good. She also has 11 optional internals which is rivalled (technically) only by the Beluga. She allows you to fit her for many different roles simultaneously. And while the Corvette is the best combat ship in the game, the Anaconda is not far behind given she's quite agile when engineered, has amazing armor, and has the same power distributor as the Corvette. I LOVE my Anaconda!

All that being said, I do share your thoughts about these massive ships. I personally much prefer using my Asp, Keelback, or Courier, and save my really big ships for specific purposes. So Anaconda for long distance cargo running or mining, and Beluga for luxury passenger missions.

Originally Posted by Mikey2305 View Post (Source)
    The way i got around the entering/exiting thing in my annie was to turn the mouse pointer widget on so you know thwt you are centred and fly slightly north of this.
    Could you tell me a bit more about this? I will take any and all help offered.

What is the mouse pointer widget?

Originally Posted by Kaybe View Post (Source)
    OP, what are you smoking? Anaconda is *amazing* multirole ship. She can do anything. I do agree that I prefer using my Asp to explore as you have to strip the Anaconda too much ... but as a long distance trader, she's really good.
    I have no doubt it is a great long distance trader. I never stated it couldn't carry a lot of cargo. My comments was about handling and not being fun for me to fly. To each their own. This is why there is a variety of ships in ED instead of just one. The Anaconda is a cool looking ship, can carry a lot of cargo, people, weapons, etc..., but I just don't enjoy flying her. The Imperial Clipper is the largest ship that I enjoy flying, but that ship is very agile. The other bad thing about the large ships is that they can't land at outposts, and I do a lot of missions that take me to outposts.
    B O S C O O N E

My Fleet:
    ASP Explorer, Beluga Liner, Cobra MkIII, Eagle, FAS, Federal Corvette, iClipper, iCourier, iCutter, iEagle, Python, Sidewinder

That's why no matter what you read, the reviews, the youtube videos,... you never wich ship will be your perfect match. And always make sure you can at least upgrade most of it before judging it because jumping from an A grade medium ship to a E grade large ship is a shock. Personally, no matter what I tried with my annaconda, it just didn't felt right for me. Then I bought the cutter because it's stats were perfectly matching my playstyle and I was impressed once I started using it. I always fancied the corvette for it's looks, but so many things were lacking on it for what I wanted to do but when I started using one, I fell in love and I don't even care about the poor fsd range anymore, I just love to fly the ship. But once you get a large ship, you will still need a good medium ship (asp, python,...) for outposts missions.

Unfortunately, I'm so burned out on Fed ranking (never even started Imperial ranking) that I will never be able to own a Cutter or Corvette. And because I don't 'engineer', I'm quickly finding the Anaconda to be too slow to outrun many interdictions, and as it turns like the freighter it is, forget trying to turn around and face the pirate.

Without engineering, I'm not sure any of the large ships are much beyond that of being a 'big target' for NPCs to feast on. At least in my A-rated Python or FAS I stand somewhat of a chance when interdicted.

This is really not meant as a personal attack, OP, so please don't take it that way, but I don't think Elite is the game for you. Elite is a game for the patient crowd that actually enjoy the long, protracted climb to the top. You just don't strike me as the type, based on the "I don't do engineers" - like comments. I understood the complaints about them back when they released, because the grind was much, much worse - not only did the recipes require more of everything, but material gathering was much slower (you only got 1 per drop, now you get 3). Nowadays, with increased drops, lowered requirements, and easier recipes, if you still find engineers too much of a grind, I frankly doubt you'll really enjoy the rest of the game. Again, not an attack, just an observation that your personal tastes might not be overly compatible with ED.

I don't personally enjoy the handling of the Anaconda, but you do get used to it eventually.
    I've used mine to go to Sag A* and back and now to Beagle Point and am heading back from there at the moment. It has the best jump range of any ship in the game stripped down even without engineering.
    It's also a great armed trader if you're disinclined to grind rep for a Cutter and don't want to do any of the "exploity" things.

"just an observation that your personal tastes might not be overly compatible with ED."

Complete and utter nonsense. Everyone plays in different ways and enjoys the game in different ways. Ignore this post OP, play as you enjoy - it's a game after all and it's about fun. Many players enjoy masochistic grinds, many do not, there's something for all personality types in Elite.

Originally Posted by BarbusMaximus View Post (Source)
    "just an observation that your personal tastes might not be overly compatible with ED."

Complete and utter nonsense. Everyone plays in different ways and enjoys the game in different ways. Ignore this post OP, play as you enjoy - it's a game after all and it's about fun. Many players enjoy masochistic grinds, many do not, there's something for all personality types in Elite.
    I'm not the OP, but I did make the "I don't do engineers" comment, so I was unsure if newman's comment was directed at me or not. But thank you for the post, as I was having a hard time coming up with a PC response. I DO enjoy many aspects of this game. Just not into the MMO aspects of the game.

Honestly, I consider engineered modules a *must have* for your favorite ships. The difference between engineered and non-engineered ships is pretty major.

Anyways, if you have the patience to grind credits, then you should have the patience to grind materials. The Engi grind is MUCH lighter than what it used to be.

Honestly, I consider engineered modules a *must have* for your favorite ships. The difference between engineered and non-engineered ships is pretty major.

Anyways, if you have the patience to grind credits, then you should have the patience to grind materials. The Engi grind is MUCH lighter than what it used to be.
    I 'grind' for credits because I get exactly what I'm expecting for each mission (my method of credit grinding). Now if you were to take that away and make it so you take a mission and once complete, THEN the game decides what to pay you based on a pseudorandom number, I wouldn't be playing this game at all.

If the Engineer thing was more straightforward like the missions are, i.e., go fetch something and I will give you this feature, I would be running around picking up trinkets.

I agree completely.

I'm a cutter pilot and will tell you, an engineered Cutter is unkillable... unless the pilot wants to blow up. An engineered Anaconda is the ultimate multi-roll ship. An Engineered Vette is a complete killing machine for big 3 hunting....

I can go on and on with the other ships.

to belabor the point... Engineer the Python with G5 DD and Reinforced Biweave Shields... Ya, whole different combat experience.

Originally Posted by newman1702 View Post (Source)
    This is really not meant as a personal attack, OP, so please don't take it that way, but I don't think Elite is the game for you. Elite is a game for the patient crowd that actually enjoy the long, protracted climb to the top. You just don't strike me as the type, based on the "I don't do engineers" - like comments. I understood the complaints about them back when they released, because the grind was much, much worse - not only did the recipes require more of everything, but material gathering was much slower (you only got 1 per drop, now you get 3). Nowadays, with increased drops, lowered requirements, and easier recipes, if you still find engineers too much of a grind, I frankly doubt you'll really enjoy the rest of the game. Again, not an attack, just an observation that your personal tastes might not be overly compatible with ED.
    The person you are referring to isn't the OP. I am the OP of this thread. That being said, I don't think Commander wrmiller is burned out on ED. I think he probably really enjoys it, but is just trying to find the right ship for him.
    B O S C O O N E

My Fleet:
    ASP Explorer, Beluga Liner, Cobra MkIII, Eagle, FAS, Federal Corvette, iClipper, iCourier, iCutter, iEagle, Python, Sidewinder

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast