Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #160

Newsletter #160

Get the latest on Multicrew and the Commander Creator

NEWSLETTER #160

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

As 2.3 "The Commanders" draws ever closer, we're bringing you a Dev Update on just what to expect with Multicrew and the Commander Creator. We can't wait to share it with you.

We also announced the first ever US based Frontier Community Meet this week, as well as brand new Fighter Paint Jobs for you to enjoy.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

2.3 "THE COMMANDERS" DEVELOPER UPDATE

Are you itching for more information on the latest update to Elite Dangerous: Horizons? We've got good news.  Lead Designer Sandy Sammarco has released an update filling you in on the new Multicrew and Commander Creator features and how they work.

GET THE LATEST ON 2.3 "THE COMMANDERS"

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

ED OPEN XBOX ONE
    BOUNTY HUNTING

Next Tuesday Feb 7 at 7pm GMT marks the return of the Elite Dangerous Open!

Designer Steve Kirby will be jumping on to turn in as many bounty credits as possible within the hour, in a system near LHS 3447. So be sure to turn up and to help or hinder as you please!

CQC - CHALLENGE THE DEVS

Think you've got what it takes to take on the Elite Dangerous Developers? Now's your chance.

We'll be jumping into CQC on Thursday Feb 9 at 7pm GMT to take any and all challenges on in an intense CQC battle.

We'll see you there!

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

GLADIATORS, ARE YOUR READY?

Strike fear into your enemies when you launch your fighter donning one of the brand new Gladiator Paint Jobs.

Brutal, imposing, wearing these colours means the enemy knows you mean business.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

PAX EAST COMMUNITY MEET

This year, we'll be hosting our first ever US based Frontier Community Meet, with free food, drinks, fun and goodies for you to enjoy, we'd love to see as many Commanders there as possible.

So:

- If you're over 21

- Are available on the evening of March 9, 2017 (Thursday)
    - Can make it to our venue in central Boston

Then we'd love to see you there!

All you need to do is sign up to request your ticket via this Google Form and wait for the community team to confirm your reserved tickets.

Ready your landing gears, Commanders, we await your arrival!

DISTANT STARS COMES TO A CLOSE

The epic two week expedition past the point of no return has come to a close.

Over 350 valiant Commanders finished charting the M67 cluster, discovering innumerate beautiful sights along the way.

At the end of the expedition, all CMDRs dropped from a height of 15km above the planet surface to their demise, at an estimated insurance cost of 2.5 billion credits.

Well done Commanders, we can't wait to see what adventure you embark on next.

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

GALACTIC LEADERS TRADE BLOWS

The leaders of the galaxy’s superpowers have released further statements concerning reports of mysterious spacecraft. Emperor Arissa-Lavigny Duval criticised Zachary Hudson’s aggressive response to the initial reports, while Hudson took the unusual step of implying that aliens might have infiltrated the Empire.

HALSEY TO BUILD REFUGEE CENTRE

Jasmina Halsey has announced plans to establish a rehabilitation centre for the victims of the ongoing Federal-Imperial conflict. The Yum Kamcabi Purple Life Industry has promised to support the operation by rewarding pilots who contribute construction materials.

CONSPIRACY THEORIST SPEAKS OUT

Outspoken conspiracy theorist Ricardo Bentonio has lent his voice to the debate surrounding reports of mysterious spacecraft, claiming that the Thargoids are exerting direct influence over human society. Few in the media or the world of politics deigned to respond to his assertions.

ALLIANCE OPERATION CONTINUES

The Alliance operation to recover material from the wreckage of a convoy in the Fedmich system has entered its second week. The Alliance has promised to reward pilots who deliver escape pods and wreckage components to Roberts Port in the Fedmich system.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

ALLIANCE RESCUE OPERATION
    Roberts Port, Fedmich

Earn rewards by delivering Occupied Escape Pods and Wreckage Components to Roberts Port in the Fedmich system.

ALLIANCE COMBAT OPERATION

Roberts Port, Fedmic

Earn rewards by handing in Bounty Vouchers at Roberts Port in the Fedmich system.

HASLEY TO BUILD REFUGEE CENTRE
    Dirichlet Orbital, Yum Kamcabi

Earn rewards by delivering Power Generators, Tantalum and Polymers to Dirichlet Orbital in the Yum Kamcabi system.

COLONIA MIGRATION APPEAL, FEBRUARY 3303

Jaques Station, Colonia

Earn your faction a place in the Colonia region by transporting Galactic Travel Guides from Bluford Orbital in the LHS 3447 system to Jaques Station in the Colonia system.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

LIGHT UP THE SKY

CMDR Farva captured this awesome time lapsed shot with magma and stars galore.

BASKING INTENSIFIES

"Size matters" states CMDR Jason Hiek's glory filled short video.

You make a strong case, Commander.

WHAT A VIEW

CMDR Aark the Dragon paid a visit to the Ceil Nebula West. Their only words... "worth it".

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

Frontier

Copyright © 2016 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England,  CB4 0WG, UK

Again, I've just mentioned it in 159. No real 'news'letter.

The 'news' about 2.3 are old already.

Pls give us some real news, FD.

But, thank you for your work

What happened to Peekson McWeekson? Also when is the live-stream of update 2.3?

You should at least put 1 screenshot or concept art in the newsletter that we haven't seen before during the previous days of the week!
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18757&dateline=1418705464

It's great to see a (first) Elite Meet, happening in Boston USA in March ..
    I had a blast in Birmingham last year. Frontier know how to throw a party and that's a fact.

Cheers for the newsletter.

I suppose this is as good as a place than anywhere.

Can someone point me in the direction of the spec for the Imperial fighter, please?

I ask, as I had my FDL murdered by a pair of these the other day, in a CZ. Both were using beams, spamming chaff and SCBs, but not having to drop heat sinks, so I have tried to find the possible builds for them, but can't find a thing.
    WOOF! WOOF!

WHAT!? You think I said or did something wrong again? Blame T.j

8 out of 10 Cats, have me on their ignore lists: 5 out of 10 posters; have me on their kill lists?

Oh dear, it seems that I have joined the Elite. Does that mean, that now I have to oppress the masses?

Originally Posted by Arry View Post (Source)
    I suppose this is as good as a place than anywhere.

Can someone point me in the direction of the spec for the Imperial fighter, please?

I ask, as I had my FDL murdered by a pair of these the other day, in a CZ. Both were using beams, spamming chaff and SCBs, but not having to drop heat sinks, so I have tried to find the possible builds for them, but can't find a thing.
    They don't have SCB's. Chaff, HS or PD only.

Super happy fun time

Flimley

Originally Posted by Moonax IRL View Post (Source)
    They don't have SCB's. Chaff, HS or PD only.
    I was in a CZ and made about 750k, when these two start to have a go. Both hi ranked and did not loose shields once, yet I have had no issues with stripping shields on anything else, I tackled. At the same time, my 4 turreted pulses, were going all over the place and I could see sprinkely stuff. So I don't know what was happening then, if they don't chaff or SCB.
    WOOF! WOOF!

WHAT!? You think I said or did something wrong again? Blame T.j

8 out of 10 Cats, have me on their ignore lists: 5 out of 10 posters; have me on their kill lists?

Oh dear, it seems that I have joined the Elite. Does that mean, that now I have to oppress the masses?

I was in a CZ and made about 750k, when these two start to have a go. Both hi ranked and did not loose shields once, yet I have had no issues with stripping shields on anything else, I tackled. At the same time, my 4 turreted pulses, were going all over the place and I could see sprinkely stuff. So I don't know what was happening then, if they don't chaff or SCB.
    They DO chaff I think (see Moonax post).

My experience is turrets have a job to hit fighters in any case. (Seeker missiles = Blammo)

Two beautiful images by two Cmdrs in this newsletter. Placed in my collection

They mean that they do have Chaff, HS or PD.... but don't have SCBs. However, the fighter's tiny shields do re-form pretty quick if they go down, which is a good thing for them as their hull is made of tissue paper

I'm very curious about the "CONSPIRACY THEORIST SPEAKS OUT" issue, but I can't find any related article on the galnet.

Distant Worlds
    member #888 - Member of CCN Outlander Challenge

4 turrets on a FDL?

Originally Posted by Junky Juke View Post (Source)
    I'm very curious about the "CONSPIRACY THEORIST SPEAKS OUT" issue, but I can't find any related article on the galnet.
    Try here:

https://community.elitedangerous.com...57ba131799dc90

Originally Posted by Marc_Hicks View Post (Source)
    Thank you Sir.

Distant Worlds
    member #888 - Member of CCN Outlander Challenge

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast