Thread: Frontier Folder on my PC Question?.

Frontier Folder on my PC Question?.

Not sure if this is the right place but while cleaning up my 120GB SSD I noticed that the Frontier folder is 10.5GB. Is this normal for approx 18mths play time and if so is there a way to reduce it?. My PC is Windows 7 and I also have a 500GB hard drive I use for storage. When I installed the SSD as my system drive I intended to keep it light for speed and was unaware that Elite Dangerous would grow so big.

Originally Posted by Saltyseadog View Post (Source)
    Not sure if this is the right place but while cleaning up my 120GB SSD I noticed that the Frontier folder is 10.5GB. Is this normal for approx 18mths play time and if so is there a way to reduce it?. My PC is Windows 7 and I also have a 500GB hard drive I use for storage. When I installed the SSD as my system drive I intended to keep it light for speed and was unaware that Elite Dangerous would grow so big.
    Yes, that's the game files, I have mine installed on a storage drive, no problem with performance. There are a few files you will want ensure you have a copy of (like the key mapping file, I don't remember the name), but you can delete (? delite ?) the game files and re-install the client to your storage drive without losing too much. Just a note of warning. I've lost some information on star systems I've scanned (though they still have my CMDR name) I have been able to re-scan them for credits. This implies that some or all of the system specific information may be stored locally.

I'm sure others on the forum or Reddit know more about this. Good luck!

Depends which products you have installed in your launcher. Uninstall the ones you don't use maybe the single player demo, 32-bit version, Arena etc. But 10.5 seems small suggesting you only have the base game anyway. Just checked mine, 30GB

You can move the game installation into the launcher installation. To do that, you install the launcher to someplace else, e.g., D:\Frontier\EDLaunch and then crate a folder called "Products" inside that location into which you move the game installation. The game itself would be in a folder called "FORC-FDEV-D-1010" (32bit) or "elite-dangerous-64" (64bit/Horizons) inside "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Frontier_Developments\Products".

The new installation will then look something like this: