Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 30333435

Thread: EDDiscovery - Journals, Exploration, Trading, Voice Recognition/Speech, Star Maps

Hello,

Originally Posted by BravadaCadelanne View Post (Source)
    Right-click an entry, set start/stop
    Does EDSM have recent data? If not, check your EDSM settings in your commander settings in EDDiscovery.
    Where is the "Travel Distance" you're looking at?
    In Dashboard there is "Total hyperspace distance".
    Sorry to all.
    The same old thing - i see a problem, try to fix it, nothing works, i call for help and when i did that - the solution jumps right in my face &

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    I'll bet there is an easy way to see what is the accumalated approximate value of your scans for a current trip so far. I can't see it so maybe someone could tell me if it exists, please?
    EDSM has what you are looking for if you have an account with them and send data to them. It is on the main page once you have logged in down the page a bit after where it asks for distances to far away systems!

Originally Posted by Para Handy View Post (Source)
    I'll bet there is an easy way to see what is the accumalated approximate value of your scans for a current trip so far. I can't see it so maybe someone could tell me if it exists, please?
    Statistics panel, Travel tab. If you've got a Start Marker in your history and no matching End Marker yet then that period will show up in a "Trip" column, you can always see totals since Last Docked and if neither of those does it for you then you can set custom date ranges as well.

Originally Posted by iain666 View Post (Source)
    Statistics panel, Travel tab.
    Brilliant, and thank you!

Apparently I have scans worth up to cr39m since last dock. Might double that by the time I reach Colonia.

Statistics panel, Travel tab. If you've got a Start Marker in your history and no matching End Marker yet then that period will show up in a "Trip" column, you can always see totals since Last Docked and if neither of those does it for you then you can set custom date ranges as well.
    Aha - yes, statistics panel, travel tab - shows 6 columns and yes there it is scan value - brilliant. The stuff this App can do never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks

Originally Posted by CMDR Ibizan View Post (Source)
    EDSM has what you are looking for if you have an account with them and send data to them. It is on the main page once you have logged in down the page a bit after where it asks for distances to far away systems!
    I never noticed that, there it is on the dashboard - "Estimated scan value since last docking" - thanks for that.

Originally Posted by Rustnsawdust View Post (Source)
    Brilliant, and thank you!

Apparently I have scans worth up to cr39m since last dock. Might double that by the time I reach Colonia.
    That's just the estimated scan value - it doesn't include the honk value for anything you didn't scan or any first discovery bonuses you will ultimately get so it should be an underestimate of the trip unless you are mostly scanning tagged CFTs. The value isn't so well defined once it's terraformable and we're likely to overestimate at least some of them - basically you get planet value plus a terraforming bonus multiplied by some number between 0 and 1, what drives that multiplier is unknown. We assume 1 which you mostly get but it can be lower.

10.2.1 with 3.2 additional data, and a few fixes, has been released.

That's just the estimated scan value - it doesn't include the honk value for anything you didn't scan or any first discovery bonuses you will ultimately get so it should be an underestimate of the trip
    Understood. But I like the fact that it's an underestimate; I'm emotionally equipped to deal with pleasant surprises better than unpleasant ones

Apart from turning everything orange, that last update seems to have made it impossible to enter a star system name in the 3D map.

We have done nothing to the 3d map for a while.... No idea why you would have any issue. Try using a different theme.

10.2.2 released with a single change to fix a rareish prob

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 30333435