Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: ED can't see X52Pro controller

ED can't see X52Pro controller

Hi,
    I have recently bought a Saitek X52 Pro controller and although it works fine in Windows and Saitek software I just can't seem to get ED to see it.

If I plug in my XBox 360 gamepad, no problems, but no x52 shows for selection.

All I get under Controls is Keyboard or mouse settings.

I know the x52 works but ED won't see it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Luke

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    Hey LukeB,

Are you running ED through Steam at all? If so, could you try turning Steam off and launching ED via the launcher to see if this helps at all? Steam recently released an update which affected the way some controllers are picked up and I believe this may be what is causing you trouble!

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, I was using it through Steam and starting it directly via EDLaunch.exe seemed to work and I was able to see the controller in the controls menu.
    Interestingly, it also started SteamVR, but ED displayed on the PC monitir nad not the HMD as it does when I start ED via Steam.

The only way I know to start ED in VR is to start SteamVR via Steam.
    Hopefully it will work now that the controller has been seen in game.

Thanks again. So you think there can be a fix for this Steam issue?

Cheers,
    Luke

Tried again and still no joy launching ED via Steam.
    So at the moment if I want to use the X52 HOTAS I have to run ED as a non VR app and if I want to run it in VR I have to go back to my XBox 360 cantroller
    Hope I can find a fix for this.
    Surely someone else is using X52 Pro with ED and Steam?

Do you know if there is an Oculus version?

5. This is the last staff post in this thread. #5
    Hi Luke,

This is indeed something we're looking into and hopefully will be able to fix soon. In regards to an Oculus version of ED, you can follow the instructions here to get a key https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/fa...d=311&q=oculus

Originally Posted by LukeB View Post (Source)
    Tried again and still no joy launching ED via Steam.
    So at the moment if I want to use the X52 HOTAS I have to run ED as a non VR app and if I want to run it in VR I have to go back to my XBox 360 cantroller
    Hope I can find a fix for this.
    Surely someone else is using X52 Pro with ED and Steam?

Do you know if there is an Oculus version?
    I always start ED via steam. Steam starts the ED startup window where I click play. That starts the game and also the Steam VR software, even if my Vive isn't connected, but I never had a problem with it recognizing my X52 Pro. I use Win10 64 bit. Maybe the Saitek software conflicts with the XBOX controller software?