Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Whats wrong with Ed tonight?

Whats wrong with Ed tonight?

Hi Whats going on with the game tonight?

Frequent DC's with matchmaking and transaction errors even though I'm in Solo. Not getting credit for CZ kills even though I get the bond, the mission doesn't update.

Netlogs can be supplied if needed.

Edit: Add instant Mission failure to the list!
    Commander Shoryuken, playing solo/private since 1984 ;D

• i7-4770K CPU 3.50GHz (4.1GHz oc) • KFA2 Nvidia GTX 970OC • 16Gb 1866MHz GSkill RAM •
    • 2 x Samsung 840 SSD's • Windows 10 • Oculus Rift ​• Saitek X55 •

I can confirm this and it started already yesterday. Usually I have a very stable connection in ED, but now I get a remarkably and unusual high number of matchmaking errors, both in Solo and Open. And it's not even Weekend...

Originally Posted by Thebadmf View Post (Source)
    Hi Whats going on with the game tonight?

Frequent DC's with matchmaking and transaction errors even though I'm in Solo. Not getting credit for CZ kills even though I get the bond, the mission doesn't update.

Netlogs can be supplied if needed.

Edit: Add instant Mission failure to the list!
    The mission insta-fail is a known bug and should hopefully be fixed with the upcoming update.

As for the rest, it could have been sever problems or your Internet could have been acting up on that occasion? Difficult to be sure without precise details
    And what fate befalls mutineers?

Just found that this time it seems indeed on my side. Something on my otherwise rock stable line must have turned to the worse. Unusually high numbers of errors in my router history...

edit:
    Just realized - why is this post in "gameplay" and not in bug reporting?

Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    Just found that this time it seems indeed on my side. Something on my otherwise rock stable line must have turned to the worse. Unusually high numbers of errors in my router history...

edit:
    Just realized - why is this post in "gameplay" and not in bug reporting?
    These things happen, maybe your ISP was doing maintenance or something.
    And what fate befalls mutineers?

Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post (Source)
    These things happen, maybe your ISP was doing maintenance or something.
    Whatever (I somewhat doubt it, on Weekend it's probably rather not standard maintenance).
    Fixed it for now at the cost of a small download performance hit.
    I put all 3 sliders (interference resistance says my translator for the German "Störsicherheit") on my Fritzbox admin page 1 point to the left.
    No disconnects during the last 2 hours and failure history looks much friendlier now.
    But still, many instance change related things like system entry but also ship yard (is the latter an instance in its own?) are still sluggish were they often crashed before. Small progress but not yet ideal...

7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #7
    If you're experiencing connection issues we recommend reading through this support article and, if problems persist, sending us the requested logs at the bottom of the article via support ticket.

CMDR Sticks
    Frontier Customer Support Team

Dear Captain send the S.O.S; When we're gonna go down!

Originally Posted by CMDR Sticks View Post (Source)
    If you're experiencing connection issues we recommend reading through this support article and, if problems persist, sending us the request logs at the bottom of the article via support ticket.

CMDR Sticks
    Thanks. I don't think it's my end as there's been no firmware update in quite a while and I'm not doing anything on the connection I wouldn't ordinarily be doing, ie, watching youtube on the other screen (which had absolutely no errors) and there's more than enough bandwidth on my connection for ED and streaming. uPnP is on, I'm on a wired connection etc.

Anyway it was frequently happening 15-17th. Play over the weekend was fine.

If it happens again I'll supply netlog and netalyzer reports.
    Commander Shoryuken, playing solo/private since 1984 ;D

• i7-4770K CPU 3.50GHz (4.1GHz oc) • KFA2 Nvidia GTX 970OC • 16Gb 1866MHz GSkill RAM •
    • 2 x Samsung 840 SSD's • Windows 10 • Oculus Rift ​• Saitek X55 •