Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game keeps crashing

I played games like warframe and dirty bomb earlier, no problem.

Originally Posted by CommanderC2121 View Post (Source)
    Details please, psu rating, what were the upgrades (from what to what), who did it etc?

What are the hard specs on your computer?

Shuts down after 5 mins give or take of the game running.

Got a new gpu, and yes, its installed correctly.

Tried warframe and dirty bomb, no problems

Psu is a 750w

- - - Updated - - -

Cpu: AMD FX-4300 quad core
    Gpu: RX-480
    Psu: Corsair 750w
    8gb ram
    MoBoard: AMD 760g

Psu is a 750w

- - - Updated - - -

8gb ram
    What was the previous gpu?

Psu is a 750w

- - - Updated - - -

8gb ram
    Your motherboard is fairly old, and its limiting your RAM to 1.3 GHZ, it could be a memory issue. when your computer shuts off do you get a blue screen or is a straight up loss of power?

No blue screen, just instant shut down. Kinda like pulling a power plug instant

Well I was going to say it sounds like a PSU issue, but 750w should be more than enough for a single rx480.

Best guess now is it's some part of your old drivers causing problems, try uninstalling the drivers and using something like ddu to fully wipe any traces of them. Then reinstall fresh ones.

If that doesn't fix It, id take a look at your new gpu, make sure it's seated properly, watch it's stats via something like gpuZ while the game is running, see what temps it's hitting etc.

Edit* there was an issue early on with some rx480s pulling too much power from the mobo causing some older boards to shut down. I think it was fixed by a bios update, something to look into if it's a reference 480.

No blue screen, just instant shut down. Kinda like pulling a power plug instant
    Im drawn back to the power supply then... What Grade is that 750 watt power supply? White, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Or platinum?

White i think.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Jon flint View Post (Source)
    Well I was going to say it sounds like a PSU issue, but 750w should be more than enough for a single rx480.

Best guess now is it's some part of your old you drives causing problems, try uninstalling the drivers and using something like ddu to fully wipe any traces of them. Then reinstall fresh ones.

If that doesn't fix It, id take a look at your new gpu, make sure it's seated properly, watch it's stats via something like gpuZ while the game is running, see what temps it's hitting etc.

Edit* there was an issue early on with some rx480s pulling too much power from the mobo causing some older boards to shut down. I think it was fixed by a bios update, something to look into if it's a reference 480.
    I will do those things, thank you

Nvidia gt610
    All the old drivers and nvidia stuff uninstalled before the new card installed?

White i think.
    Okay next question.... how old are the electrical circuits in your house? by years? when was the last time any maintenance was done on them?

White i think.

- - - Updated - - -

I will do those things, thank you

Im going to end tonight by saying if the circuitry in your house is more than 15 years old, combined with that white rating PSU of yours... its probably a power issue. I would suggest getting a Backup Battery system to plug into the computer and your house to help regulate power, But i would also suggest getting a Bronze rated 750w instead of a white.

New gpu/cpu will change the power draw on your psu. My father did a lot of electronic builds and his advice was that everything starts with a good quality power supply that never runs stressed. One of the problems with psu's is they can weaken over time, so one rail doesn't work as consistently as it used to. You don't say whether you were upgrading an off the shelf system or something you built yourself. In an off the shelf, often the psu is designed and tested for the exact build or range of builds the manufacturer provided. This can cause problems when upgrading when the draw off the rails changes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast