Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #162

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    But without peak of the week, as usual

In a recent biscuit review stream Ed said these probably won't be a thing due to the growth in the company and the fact that ED is not a "new game" so the smaller updates need bigger oomph like the 2.3 live-streams.

Being someone that would rather not watch hours of live-streams a week to get to what is normally a few bullet points of information, I disagree.

Also, all the "mentioned" major updates FD wants to do are essentially full games.

I can see FD point that Peek of the Week and Dev Updates, etc. are effort that may not have any tangible payback. But they spend so much time streaming stuff and occupying devs with chit-chat banter that I can't help but think the excuse is a bit weak.

FD comms are wildly inconsistent across media. They could probably do a "dev update" in the newsletter if they posted dev comments from all the live-streams and interviews. Imagine Elite on twitter coming out with a dev comment every day from numerous stream answers and the newsletter collating all the dev comments of consequence on the forums and streams for the week.

I would like to see FD use the "Newsletter" only for sales promotions.

I really wish they would take the time spent on the newsletter and one of the streams and do a weekly Galnet newscast video, "in-game" style but with some added CG flair like the various point release launch videos.

Galactic, system map and Power Play map views could be used as well as footage of combat zones and such. Every week would be like a video advertisement for the game and all the stuff going on.

Since FD think folks want hours of video shows a week, this would align well with their current thinking. And it would make the game feel that much cooler. Plus after a year there would be potential for some awesome historical looks back.

Let's give it a go and see what happens.

Obsidian Ant essentially does this, so given the hours and hours FD streams, it's a wonder they aren't doing it. FD could make some talking head Galnet Avatars to "read the news" and use text to speech synthesis.

Today an excellent newsletter to compensate the postponement of the beta ?

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Today an excellent newsletter to compensate the postponement of the beta ?

It seems that my newsletter has settled down to a regular arrival time, 10:01am on Saturday morning.

Still, I expect the thread for #163 will be up before then.

Just read the latest newsletter... didn't take long! frontier your newsletters are ... lacking!

Originally Posted by SlackR View Post (Source)
    Just read the latest newsletter... didn't take long! frontier your newsletters are ... lacking!
    Still haven't got mine, mind giving us a sneak peak?

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

There's been some amazing discoveries announced in the astrological community this week, that we're really excited about here at Frontier Developments. These will have an in-game impact to the Elite Dangerous Galaxy that we explain this week.

We'd also like to confirm that we're aiming to release the Elite Dangerous: Horizons 2.3 beta on Monday 27th February. We remain committed to giving you the best experience possible in Elite Dangerous and have a few issues left to iron out before the beta goes public.

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

I really, REALLY hope they didn't use the word 'astrological'...

linky anyone for todays newsletter,for some reason after unsubscribing then re-subscribing many times i still don't receive it

and btw,why don;t FD link them here as soon as they come out ??? i dont get it.
    Coops.

Originally Posted by simonharrison View Post (Source)
    Maybe the discovery is a new sign of the zodiac?

Unexpected delays and Saturn rising against mercury see your weekend plans dashed by a game developer.

No new additions to the store this week is a bit of a letdown.

I predict a riot.

Oh dear. It's got to the stage now that I'd be disappointed if a newsletter didn't have some kind of grammar or spelling mistake. I wonder if they're trying to emulate the Guardian newspaper?

There's a silly mistake right in the beginning. Astrological community?.. Really? That's not the first time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast