Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: IPv6 Support

Someone make an IPv6 only group and let's see how a big instance behaves in the beta.

Originally Posted by zzehirbazz View Post (Source)
    Ed, sup wih the beta news?
    ... this is Beta news, of a sort.... ;)

Originally Posted by T.j View Post (Source)
    Luckily Plusnet supports it.
    Are you sure about that? (assuming you were not being sarcastic)

There's nothing on the Plusnet site about ipv6 and according to the forums they have not implemented it yet. They had an ipv6 trial which, AFAIK, was closed for new entrants.

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    Originally Posted by MAIN SEQUENCE View Post (Source)
    Are you sure about that? (assuming you were not being sarcastic)

There's nothing on the Plusnet site about ipv6 and according to the forums they have not implemented it yet. They had an ipv6 trial which, AFAIK, was closed for new entrants.

Sadly i was..... meant to put a rolling eyes emoji after the post... :rolleyes:

Shame, looks as if they have no plans etc..

Originally Posted by robbyp View Post (Source)
    Now if only virgin media supported ipv6..

Sounds good, especially the connection stats. Hopefully it will get to the bottom of some of the persistent problems.
    It's coming mid 2017:
    http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php...ddle-2017.html

IPV6 Adoption wont fix being kicked from the game in conflict zones

IPV6 will reduce ping times and hopefully make for better peer to peer / match making, so it's a good thing, but there will still remain the issues around instance sizes and client / server crashes which kick you out of the game (blank screen/adjudication errors etc)...and I think these other issues are far higher a priority to resolve than introducing IPV6, IPV6 wont help with those issues much at all as they're more server process related.....please tell me we are also getting these other issues finally resolved in 2.3 too?

Interesting.
    According to online checks I do have IPv6.
    So either this works with my setup or I change ISP.

'Great news, everyone!'

I have an IPv6 connection here, with only DNS being exclusively over IPv4. This may be a beta I actually take part in! Normally I hold off, but Multi-Crew, IPv6 and Commander Creator. I don't think I'll be able to wait for those to hit production!

I liked the experimental network menu! Way to go FDEV!

Well holy Sky already rolled IPv6 last year!

Originally Posted by Xender View Post (Source)
    It sounds like the best part of 2.3 update. ;)
    Yep. Was about skipping this beta entirely but now I've got a reason to download! :)

Originally Posted by robbyp View Post (Source)
    Now if only virgin media supported ipv6..

Sounds good, especially the connection stats. Hopefully it will get to the bottom of some of the persistent problems.
    Apparently by the middle of year. Of cause they been saying something along those lines for the last couple of years. So we can just cross our fingers and hope they get their act together.

Here's hoping we are getting a tonne of network improvements to the game beyond IPv6.

Looking at the sample screenshots, I see there's only one figure shown for "MTU".

Hopefully the game is keeping track of separate MTUs for IPv4 and IPv6 - they will typically be different if (for example) the IPv6 access is through a tunnel.

Originally Posted by T.j View Post (Source)
    It's witchcraft I tell ya... :)

Luckily Plusnet supports it.
    Really? I can't find any reference to it, lots of stuff last year during trial but they seem to be very quiet on the v6 front.

Any way to simply and painlessly block all IP4 connections within the game so there is no possibility of encountering someone with substandard internet? :D

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    Any way to simply and painlessly block all IP4 connections within the game so there is no possibility of encountering someone with substandard internet? :D
    Sure, you just disable IPv4 support in the OS network settings :P

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast