Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: IPv6 Support

I'm with BT here in the UK, I hope they rollout soon.

Seems my Post Office broadband doesn't support it either (TalkTalk network I think).
    Games without frontiers, devs without ears...

"AMD FX-9370 4.7 Ghz, Sabretooth 990fx, Samsung Evo 250Gb SSD, Western Digital 4Tb HDD, 32Gb Ram, R9 390 8Gb @ 3840*2160 Philips BDM4065UC, TrackIR5, X52pro, Win10"

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    Sure, you just disable IPv4 support in the OS network settings
    True, but then I can't talk to my substandard TV etc - and there will no doubt be pewpews up in arms about "fiddling" when all I want is a smooth internet experience
    Drunks of Sol, Drunks of Sol, drunken spaceships full of lol

This is great news, sadly while my business connection at work already has IPV6, my home connection wont get IPv6 until mid year. Being the boss I do play in the office when its quiet and connect to our office vpn when playing via mobile and laptop on the road. Although I do not imagine the laptop connection will benefit, it is still great to see Fdev offering IPv6 support.
    Regards HexCaliber.

4. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #49
    Originally Posted by yobrotom View Post (Source)
    Forgive the stupid question, but I'm assuming this just means better quality instances or is there more to it than that?
    Here with my ISP, IPv6 somehow provides better routing than that of IPv4. Overall, your latency will remain the same.

IPv6 adoption has begun to ramp up over the past year or so now.
    - Brett C / bc
    Forum & Community Manager

Originally Posted by avow555 View Post (Source)
    I'm with BT here in the UK, I hope they rollout soon.

Seems my Post Office broadband doesn't support it either (TalkTalk network I think).
    I've already got ipv6 on bt broadband.

Is this all going to cost us?

Originally Posted by SeaFireliv View Post (Source)
    It's really in the best interests of the ISP's to deploy and propagate IPV6 asap - however for heaps of reasons (mostly financial and / or completely fictional) they seem to enjoy dragging their backsides about it.
    Drunks of Sol, Drunks of Sol, drunken spaceships full of lol

8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #53
    Originally Posted by SeaFireliv View Post (Source)
    Cost you how? This will be back end client stuff.

If your ISP doesn't have IPv6 active, there's nothing much for you to be worried about here. Game servers will be providing IPv6 and IPv4 at the same time.
    - Brett C / bc
    Forum & Community Manager

Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    It's really in the best interests of the ISP's to deploy and propagate IPV6 asap - however for heaps of reasons (mostly financial and / or completely fictional) they seem to enjoy dragging their backsides about it.
    Simple reason - obsolete hardware. To upgrade ALL of them - and you need to upgrade all of them - costs provider huge chunk of money. Considering cut throat costs in that field plus shareholder expectations of profits over the years, hardly anyone can justify that kind of investment - unless forced by gov or situation (like running out of IPv4, which is actually major force of movement now).
    Peteris Krisjanis
    Call sign: Eagleboy | Will play: All Online | Federation | Trader and Explorer, with a little of everything else
    Please support call for ED Linux port https://www.change.org/p/frontier-de...-linux-desktop

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)

If your ISP doesn't have IPv6 active, there's nothing much for you to be worried about here. Game servers will be providing IPv6 and IPv6 at the same time.
    IPv4 and IPv6

If your ISP doesn't have IPv6 active, there's nothing much for you to be worried about here. Game servers will be providing IPv6 and IPv6 at the same time.
    IpV6 and IPv6 = Rocky 12.... Adrian's Revenge!!!

Sorry Brett, I'm just all Simpsons and Roman numerals this morning.

Cheers,

-Todd

Game servers will be providing IPv6 and IPv6 at the same time.
    IPv4 DISCONTINUATION CONFIRMED!!!
    In-game: CMDR Vectron

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    Yes Sky has IPv6 rolled out and I see it in the router settings. Is there anything that will immediately need changing or just select it in 2.3 Beta (28th Feb?) and just see if it keeps contact? If it doesn't then I use suggested posts already here ok.

I scored 9/10 for the checks: http://test-ipv6.com/
    "Good news! Your current configuration will continue to work as web sites enable IPv6.
    Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have no access to the IPv6 Internet, or is not configured to use it. This may in the future restrict your ability to reach IPv6-only sites.
    Test if your ISP's DNS server uses IPv6=bad"

Must I do something about my DNS Server?
    [FONT=verdana][B]Dual Intel Xeon Quads 3GHz, 16GB RAM, USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC2, Oculus CV1 + Install 1.7 (no cpu check)[/B][/FONT]

Possibly of use to people to test if their IPv6 works: http://test-ipv6.com/
    Buqu Bodshal -- Elite Dangerous IRC stats: http://castaway.flirble.org/elite/

W00t, Sky has IPv6

Test your connections folks, as the ISPs may not have told you it's on

http://test-ipv6.com/
    CMDR Jockey

Keeper of The Wall of Information
    Worshipper of M.O.M.
    BiTrektual - Voltaire (2 and 5 crack me up)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast