Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: IPv6 Support

This user was unable to follow the forum rules and ended up banned or suspended! :(
    Yes leaving both ON is giving IPv6 a chance to connect else it does IPv4. You will see a record of what it connects to each time where it shows 1/1 or say 1/3 in which it tried 3 times but only managed 1. If there's none in the the IPv6 for that then it means it did not try at all and so FD must have turned that off or is at fault on their Server side.
    [FONT=verdana][B]Dual Intel Xeon Quads 3GHz, 16GB RAM, USB 2.0
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC2, Oculus CV1 + Install 1.7 (no cpu check)[/B][/FONT]

Some kind of auto network test would be handy. Something which tests the IPv6 readiness of our systems without us having to experiment or read logs to confirm.

Originally Posted by Commander Abs Monster View Post (Source)
    Some kind of auto network test would be handy. Something which tests the IPv6 readiness of our systems without us having to experiment or read logs to confirm.
    You mean within E: D ? There are tests for your system and then there could be tests on top of that to show system plus game readiness.

I'm going to start looking into this tonight as I found that IPv6 has suddenly been enabled on my BT line, only noticeable due to the ICMPv6 errors in my router log. Didn't get chance to test IPv6 during beta so it will be interesting to see what happens in the live game.
    Rename and convert your screen shots automatically! - Screen Shot Changer

Well looks like pulsenet is on this list of current isps with ipv6,and how many customers use it. Also sky, bt, ntl,orange , tiscali, but no virgin yet.

https://stats.labs.apnic.net/cgi-bin/v6pop?c=GB

13 million NTL customers, only 1000 using IPv6

Just keep in mind that because they say it's enabled doesn't mean that it's usable or in fact supported.
    For me (on BT). I get assigned an IPv6 address and so do my devices but all IPv6 traffic is getting as far as the first BT network address and then is dropped. If you want to see futility in action you can see my thread over on the BT forums.

As for the support, no one in BT can help if you have issues. None of the support resources have any knowledge on IPv6 and I've been told that support of it is not in scope. As far as they are concerned, if you have IPv4 connectivity then they have done their job.

Originally Posted by dognosh View Post (Source)
    Well looks like pulsenet is on this list of current isps with ipv6
    PlusNet have been 'trialling' IPv6 since 2011...

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    .... now, if only the forums didn't keep requesting 2FA re-authentication every (what feels like) few minutes when I enable IPv6 on my router....
    Are you sure you are who you say you are???
    AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz / 32 GB Ram / Titan X Pascal / ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ROG / HTC Vive / Steam VR Rating: 20937
    Independent Trader - Curious Explorer - The least talented smuggler in the Galaxy.
    "Please stop trying to change the game I love into something you might like." - Any grind, is in your mind.
    CMDR Shadragon / CMDR Drain Bamaged / CMDR CuteLilBunny

Originally Posted by Voz View Post (Source)
    Just keep in mind that because they say it's enabled doesn't mean that it's usable or in fact supported.
    For me (on BT). I get assigned an IPv6 address and so do my devices but all IPv6 traffic is getting as far as the first BT network address and then is dropped. If you want to see futility in action you can see my thread over on the BT forums.
    EEEKKK. Im not BT support, but your router-config:
    WAN IPv6 Address 2a00:23c5:7603:eb00::1
    WAN IPv6 Gateway fe80::ea4:2ff:fe3e:1
    LAN IPv6 Address 2a00:23c5:7603:eb00::1/56Is wrong. Though shalt not have the same address on WAN and LAN. Maybe your CPE supports DHCP-PD 'not really'. Anyway, for LAN a /64 out of the delegated /56 should do. Try something with a working IPv6-Stack as CPE. Anyway ... one 'standard way' (like I implement it for my customers) is to hand out WAN-address via SLAAC (or DHCP/Single adress) and provide the DHCP-PD only for use on the CPEs lan Side(s). Its slightly OT, but as featuring-v6 is one of my pet-projects try:

1) if you can receive an /64 address via SLAAC (yes, you don't have a working v6 on the lan-side then). Your CPE shoud then have a v6-address on WAN, as well as a v6 default GW (and the CPE[not your computer] should be able to ping the later) if that works

2) configure the LAN-side for using the a (sub)network attained via DHCP-PD (over the WAN). The prefix for DHCP-PD should be different from the Prefix in use on your WAN-interface

For those wanting a test-for-IPv6 connectivity: <http://www.ipv6-test.com/>
    Its pretty basic, has nice Red/Yellow/Green colourings and is understandable. But it's not fit for any debugging, it merely gives you hint where Problems arise from (given you already have a working v6 connectivity, that is).

Originally Posted by lunch_box View Post (Source)
    EEEKKK. Im not BT support, but your router-config:
    WAN IPv6 Address 2a00:23c5:7603:eb00::1
    WAN IPv6 Gateway fe80::ea4:2ff:fe3e:1
    LAN IPv6 Address 2a00:23c5:7603:eb00::1/56Is wrong. Though shalt not have the same address on WAN and LAN. .....
    Thanks lunch_box. I've got to say that I really appreciate the deapth of your answer but I don't have a clue what you are saying

I'll drop you a PM rather than derail this thread but perhaps there's something here for a general off-topic/technical type thread discussion.

One comment about the new networking config dialog:

It shows the number of connections of each type, but is only accessible from the Main Menu. Presumably at that point with no game running and no p2p sessions, all most people will ever see is a connection to the Frontier server(s).

Would it not be more useful to enable accessing the dialog in a read only mode whilst in game?

Originally Posted by wstephenson View Post (Source)
    One comment about the new networking config dialog:

It shows the number of connections of each type, but is only accessible from the Main Menu. Presumably at that point with no game running and no p2p sessions, all most people will ever see is a connection to the Frontier server(s).

Would it not be more useful to enable accessing the dialog in a read only mode whilst in game?
    While useful, a small correction: when you leave the game back to the menu, the network settings show the stats of the session you just ended.

Ceterum censeo Pythem esse nerfam

Thank you, that makes sense now.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910