Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elite Explorers Hall of Fame and Myriad Manifest, continued

The Elite Explorers Hall of Fame and Myriad Manifest, continued

The original author of the Hall of Fame, Whiterose, hasn't had the time to continue updating the thread, so after having gotten his permission, I've made a new one with some improvements.
    You can find the list on Google Sheets, at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing.

Also, with the change of tourism missions awarding exploration rank progression, I've introduced a new category called "Elite Plus": people who have earned their Elite Explorer rank the original way. The rules for getting this are as follows:
    - If the Commander earned their rating after ED 2.3 (2017. Apr. 11), then the requirement is 600 million credits profit from exploration scan profits: drastically increased exploration payouts were introduced in this patch
    - If the Commander earned their rating before ED 2.2.03 (2017. Jan. 10), then the requirement is 155 million credits from exploration scan profits: passenger missions contributing exploration rank was introduced in this patch
    - If the Commander earned their rating before these, they get Elite Plus status automatically

The intent behind these is to keep the Elite Plus requirement consistent throughout different versions and their related changes.

If you'd like to be included on the list as well, please post screenshots showing your Elite Exploration ranking, and if you'd like Elite Plus status, be sure to include the Exploration statistics tab. If no date is visible on your screenshots, I'll use the day of your post.

New to the sheet is the Myriad manifest, also continued after Whiterose stopped updating it. For those unfamiliar with it, it's a list of Commanders who have visited at least 10,000 systems. If you'd like to be included there, please post a screenshot of your systems visited statistic! With the CMDR name included on the screenshot too. (This should be visible unless you crop your image, which you don't need to.) Each little star (well, asterisk) signifies one myriad, so if you've made another ten thousand or more, just post an updated screenshot and I'll update your entry too.

woot, made it... lol

Yeah the old thread died, lets just start a new one.

I'm so close...yet so far
    1st CMDR 3000ly below the Galactic Plane-6th September 3302
    3rd-ish CMDR 3000ly above the Galactic Plane-18th February 3303
    Deep Recon X

Excellent. It seems it's my 1 year Elite Anniversary on Wednesday Tuesday
    "These are not the trumbles you are looking for. Make it so." - CMDR Spock Oddsocks (Fargate: Deep Babylon's 7)

I thought I had added myself to the list but, apparently not!
    I got the exploration Elite sticker April 26th 3301. Best evidence I have is probably the selfie of my Sidewinder showing off the Elite sticker without a pilot in the ship, from the days before we had a visible pilot in our ships. (The Exif info on that screenshot says 26/4 2015)
    These days, I'm slowly working myself up towards the 12th dan on my exploration Elite black belt.

Congrats, Duck of Death! Although I guess it's a tiny bit belated by now, hehe.
    FYI, the PNG format doesn't store Exif, so that was lost when you converted the image to it. But seeing the ghost ship cockpit with the Elite Exploration decal is good enough for me as proof that it was around that time, and I'll take your word for the exact date itself.

thanks for setting this up!

and grats to those with daycount 0 :-)
    ___

Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Thanks OP and congrats to all Elite explorers out there. Of all the ranks this is the most important to me, and i m glad to be on this list.

ahhh number 33... those were the days. Also, what constitutes Elite Plus?

I was thinking with the amount of Elite ranks in any given profession FD would add extra ranks as simple as Elite², Elite³

Elite Dangerous Screenshots
    Random screenshots, mostly exploration. Some panoramas.

#120 should be CMDR Barefoot Bandit - Zeeman is my forum name, unless... We're using forum names for it?

Thanks for keeping up the list!

Edit - Kinda amusing the Zieman made Elite just 2 days after I did.

Z...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by ThirdNostril View Post (Source)

I was thinking with the amount of Elite ranks in any given profession FD would add extra ranks as simple as Elite², Elite³
    Elite is Elite - the top rank, if anything they should have made it harder to reach, but it is what it is.

I really need ot knuckle down for a week and hit some conflict zones to get my Elite in combat. Been sitting at Dangerous 34% for months. this exploration thing has consequences for other ranks...

Z...
    CMDR Barefoot Bandit
    Pilot of The Golden Phallus™

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...

Originally Posted by ThirdNostril View Post (Source)
    Here's the relevant info, from the first post: "people who have earned their Elite Explorer rank the original way. The rules for getting this are simple: it's awarded if the Commander has more than 155 million credits profit from exploration, or if they earned their rank before the 2.2.03 update. (Which went live on Jan. 10 this year.)"

Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    #120 should be CMDR Barefoot Bandit - Zeeman is my forum name, unless... We're using forum names for it?
    Oh, I didn't know that. For the old entries, I just used Whiterose's entries, and didn't go through all the posts in the first thread to check for any mistakes. I've fixed yours now then.

Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    I really need ot knuckle down for a week and hit some conflict zones to get my Elite in combat. Been sitting at Dangerous 34% for months. this exploration thing has consequences for other ranks...
    Well, I used to be Master when I reached Elite in exploration, and after all that time, I'm still only Dangerous, so I know what you mean. I expect to get much more combat done come multicrew though.

Also, as something fun: back then, CMDR Marz (who I never knew before) got Elite the same time I did. Marz-Marx, Zeeman-Zieman... wonder who'll be next. (Chaggy Von Lichthofen!)

Thanks for the update!

@marx: Thanks for maintaining another great list! Thought I had already posted, but obviously haven't.

Got to Exploration Elite on 29 Jan 2016 after badly damaging my ship at DWE WP2 (I think) and returning to the bubble for repairs. While back I also sold the exploration data gathered so far.

Interestingly, after selling the data (bringing me to 160.9m CR) it showed me at 99% Pioneer, and only after leaving the station a few minutes later and receiving the mail in the comms panel did it switch to Elite.

Caught up with DWE after this, partied at BP and have been on my way back ever since. Taking it easy, still got 45kly left to get home

Thanks! There is one thing though: do you have any proof of that date? Unfortunately, your screenshots don't show the date, so as I mentioned in the first post, I've added you with the current date. I'll change that if you post any proof of your date, of course.

Originally Posted by marx View Post (Source)
    Thanks! There is one thing though: do you have any proof of that date? Unfortunately, your screenshots don't show the date, so as I mentioned in the first post, I've added you with the current date. I'll change that if you post any proof of your date, of course.
    Fair point. I took the date from the screenshot's timestamp, but really, that could be any date. All I can offer in addition is my EDSM flight log (made public for this), which I've just checked and it confirms that I've been to the "Mopadigi" system (which is shown on the screenshot) exactly once, on exactly that date. I've been out in the black since then. Might not hold up in court, but I hope it's suffient in this case. If not - keep it the way it is, no hard feelings ;-)

EDSM Flight Log, middle of page 34 (of 203):
    https://www.edsm.net/en/user/flight-...fox/index/p/34

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast