Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Trappist-1 Discovery's Impact on Elite Dangerous

Back to the op?

Seems Like Stellar forge is Very near to the "Universe seed". And every surplus data input can increase it's precision, except the personal touch for gameplay purposes. We have a true modell of our universe right there!

Not 100% but it's checks out.
    You haven't lived until you've tipped a brahmin with a vertibird.
    CMDR Minonian.
    Ranks; Elite, entrepreneur 38%, Elite, professional 26%
    fed; Rear Admiral, Imp, Squire.

Ships; Asp; Void walker, Python; Vindicator, Anaconda; Tiamat, Cobra MK III; Uraeus, Fed Corvette; Ace of hearts.

Originally Posted by who? View Post (Source)
    Would be sooo cool if these planets showed up as "First Discovered by NASA"
    Actually I think this is a brilliant idea. They deserve credit rather than whoever can get back the fastest after Beta goes live. I imagine hundreds of players camping out at the nearest star system anxiously waiting for their download to finish.

Excellent ! Very good ! Congratulations Frontier !

Originally Posted by Eldrich Stark View Post (Source)
    How about adding a station?
    yes but a Thargoids station !!

As I understand it some of these planets are pretty close together, like earth-moon type close without necessarily being binary paired and there's also evidence of tidal locking. I wonder if the stellar forge can handle that kind of n-body problem?
    Cmdr Ophidius

Great stuff, thanks a lot FD

Very impressive that the Stella forge is editable in this manner. Easy...?...or with some serious Dev hours applied ?

Flimley

Originally Posted by RevLogos View Post (Source)
    Actually I think this is a brilliant idea. They deserve credit rather than whoever can get back the fastest after Beta goes live. I imagine hundreds of players camping out at the nearest star system anxiously waiting for their download to finish.
    1) Beta discoveries dont count
    2) The planets are already discovered, the current discoverers keep the credit for the replacement planets.

Ceterum censeo Pythem esse nerfam

Tongue in cheek /

1. That would be something for the Explorers done then :-)

2. I support the Trappist Monk faction controlled outpost. Make them warrior Trappists, anyone who fires a weapon within the system is subjected to 24 hours of irregular, off rhythm chanting. In solo.

Tongue removed /

This is why I favour Elite Dangerous over everything else...

Originally Posted by RevLogos View Post (Source)
    I commend this idea to the upper chaps in charge.

When I was watching the NASA announcement and they talked about the system being 40ly away, my first thought was "But that's only one jump in my Asp!"

Great work FD and kudos for acting so quickly to make this addition. Stellar Forge sounds like amazing technology... we need a livestream and hopefully David could come on and speak about it.

That's seriously fascinating how stellar forge works, great job!

Originally Posted by nexxo View Post (Source)
    So the Stellar Forge in effect 'predicted' this star system? O_o

/mind blown
    Nah. They took a different class of star in roughly the same area with roughly the same properties and made some minor tweaks.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast