Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Ship naming – transmission intercepted.

Originally Posted by wstephenson View Post (Source)
    I read the changelog that way, but this is contradicted by QA on bug reports made to force an answer to this issue: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...=1#post5222615
    They say it's not currently in yet. How much are you willing to bet they are talking about name plates?

Originally Posted by Deebz__ View Post (Source)
    They say it's not currently in yet. How much are you willing to bet they are talking about name plates?
    Way I read it, it ends up being the same thing. If you don't have a name plate, apparently you don't get to see the ship name period.

THAT SUCKS btw...

FD, please make the name plates free with a basic font. I large majority of us all agree that paying for even a basic name plate is ridiculous

Originally Posted by Angrymog View Post (Source)
    I love it when people wearing (virtual) V Masks tell other people to shut up if they don't like a thing.
    Read my post and quote me saying at any point "shut up". I said you have a choice, a consumer choice.
    Please don't post baiting comments and please don't put words in my mouth. Parents are watching.

Originally Posted by Cdr Voorheez View Post (Source)
    Read my post and quote me saying at any point "shut up". I said you have a choice, a consumer choice.
    Please don't post baiting comments and please don't put words in my mouth. Parents are watching.
    So you're going to call people names like whinger, and then play the victim when someone responds? Man, this is why I tend to avoid these forums...

Anyways back on topic, were we talking about ship naming?

...isn't sure what's going on. Moderator T.j's Avatar
    Could everyone stop whin... nah... :D

But please remember to discuss the post and not the poster.

Originally Posted by Deebz__ View Post (Source)
    Hope not. There's a case for making some cosmetics earnable in game I do think, some paintjobs, some decals, some spacesuits but nameplates is one I think should be left entirely in the store. In part that's because it's the one cosmetic that can be 'transmitted' across a number of light-seconds, through a ship scan so it's actually quite different from the others. There's also some 'player story' interest in having some ships with names, some without, imho.

Well, very disappointed by what FDev said about name plates on the stream.

Not even being able to see player's ships in a scan is mean-spirited.

Is this from the stream that's on now?

It's not mean spirited it's part of the funding model, which is pure facts of life, seriously.

We don't know how much yet for another thing but it's plainly a cosmetic, as well as being one that's actually probably more interesting, than your paintjob (many of which are given away for nothing) to transmit your name across wide distances in the game.

Enter some competitions? Chances are good I'd say that nameplates will get a similar treatment to paints and decals in prize packs.

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)
    It's not mean spirited it's part of the funding model, which is pure facts of life, seriously.
    No it's mean spirited and penny pinching.

Paywalling a feature off on a paid for game? Sod Frontier if that's their new model.

Not an effing free to play game is it.

Originally Posted by bitstorm View Post (Source)
    No it's mean spirited and penny pinching.

Paywalling a feature off on a paid for game? Sod Frontier if that's their new model.

Not an effing free to play game is it.
    .. it's a pay door, not a pay wall

Originally Posted by Winterwalker View Post (Source)
    .. it's a pay door, not a pay wall
    Pay door? You on drugs?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast